CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   LS Swappers Rejoice: Holley Terminator X (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/4251815-ls-swappers-rejoice-holley-terminator-x.html)

NewbVetteGuy 03-14-2019 03:22 PM

LS Swappers Rejoice: Holley Terminator X

Holley just launched the Holley "Terminator X" and "Terminator X Max" EFI controllers made for LS swaps. $999 for the Terminator X; $1,200 for the Terminator X Max which includes transmission control....
Both support Nitrous adn Boost control and come with the handheld LCD...
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...t6q2moYwtBjmTY

I'd LOVE to see someone try to use one of these to control a port injected,CoP SBC with a 58x crank trigger ignition like mine, but I already have enough work head of me and spent enough money with Holley on my HP setup...

Adam

naramlee 03-15-2019 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy (Post 1599045052)
Holley just launched the Holley "Terminator X" and "Terminator X Max" EFI controllers made for LS swaps. $999 for the Terminator X; $1,200 for the Terminator X Max which includes transmission control....
Both support Nitrous adn Boost control and come with the handheld LCD...
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...t6q2moYwtBjmTY

I'd LOVE to see someone try to use one of these to control a port injected,CoP SBC with a 58x crank trigger ignition like mine, but I already have enough work head of me and spent enough money with Holley on my HP setup...

Adam

1k for this?! Wow!!! Thats like megasquirt prices for Holley!!

NewbVetteGuy 03-15-2019 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by naramlee (Post 1599052055)
1k for this?! Wow!!! Thats like megasquirt prices for Holley!!

Yea, I've got like $2,300 in my Holley HP EFI and then they announce $1,000 EVEN for essentially all the same features (and then some) for LS-swaps...

I made such a comment on the Holley EFI FB page and they weren't too happy about the comparison, but I don't see how they wouldn't expect people to make the comparison.
Right now their reasoning is that the accessories that you can use are limited with the Terminator MAX for LS swaps (only support 2 crank sensors,high impedence injectors only, Bosch O2 sensor, etc...

A guy and I on there started theorizing that you could make the Terminator MAX work with his SBC StealthRam, LS Coils, and 58x trigger wheel and then the conversation got "Disappeared"...
It supports the same # of inputs as the HP, too and is the newer style case with diagnostic LEDs on the outside AND it actually comes with an LCD Touch screen- you don't have to pay extra for it like with the HP.

Adam

NewbVetteGuy 03-15-2019 07:04 PM

Cleetus McFarland just mentioned yesterday or today that they're trying to get a sponsored Holley Terminator X for "Ruby" the C5 that actually has a body on it.

Adam

metal tech 03-16-2019 09:02 AM

at least Holley is spending $$ on developing new products. I have an 88 K1500 with EFI connection 24X & LS coils conversion, I have already got the 411 PCM and Painless harness. I would rather have this new ECM for familiarity with the Dominator & HP ecms I'm using in 2 other projects I have. Sometimes you just gotta make a choice and run with it or the project never gets done. Mission creep can permanently stop well laid plans.

82ndABN-C3 03-16-2019 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy (Post 1599052166)
Cleetus McFarland just mentioned yesterday or today that they're trying to get a sponsored Holley Terminator X for "Ruby" the C5 that actually has a body on it.

Adam

I am waiting to see how well the Terminator X works in ole Ruby . It is definitely a game changer for Motorheads everywhere hahaha

lionelhutz 03-16-2019 11:06 PM

That's a cool system and at a great price. Just a harness has been running $600-$700 after all.

There are cool things happening on multiple fronts. Have you seen PCM Hammer, the open source flashing tool for LS PCM's? Some very talented individuals have made great progress there.

jim2527 03-17-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy (Post 1599052134)
Yea, I've got like $2,300 in my Holley HP EFI and then they announce $1,000 EVEN for essentially all the same features (and then some) for LS-swaps...

I made such a comment on the Holley EFI FB page and they weren't too happy about the comparison, but I don't see how they wouldn't expect people to make the comparison.
Right now their reasoning is that the accessories that you can use are limited with the Terminator MAX for LS swaps (only support 2 crank sensors,high impedence injectors only, Bosch O2 sensor, etc...

A guy and I on there started theorizing that you could make the Terminator MAX work with his SBC StealthRam, LS Coils, and 58x trigger wheel and then the conversation got "Disappeared"...
It supports the same # of inputs as the HP, too and is the newer style case with diagnostic LEDs on the outside AND it actually comes with an LCD Touch screen- you don't have to pay extra for it like with the HP.
Adam

Not a fair comparison. Your using the HP EFI to control and engine that wasn't designed for EFI, specifically your L82 which needs sensors, wiring and an ECU. Terminator MAX is designed for EFI LS engines that more or less only need wiring and an ECU. Add sensor costs and I'm sure the Terminator MAX cost would jump up fast....real fast.

lionelhutz 03-18-2019 10:03 AM

How's it not fair? HP with LS harness is around $2k and that doesn't include any sensors. I have no idea what the touchscreen costs but you'd probably be around the $2300 range once you included it.

jim2527 03-18-2019 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by lionelhutz (Post 1599064828)
How's it not fair? HP

Adam’s comparing it to his non LS Holley HP that’s why.

Comparing it to a HP for LS is a different...the new system seems like a very good value.

Kacyc3 03-18-2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by metal tech (Post 1599054488)
at least Holley is spending $$ on developing new products. I have an 88 K1500 with EFI connection 24X & LS coils conversion, I have already got the 411 PCM and Painless harness. I would rather have this new ECM for familiarity with the Dominator & HP ecms I'm using in 2 other projects I have. Sometimes you just gotta make a choice and run with it or the project never gets done. Mission creep can permanently stop well laid plans.

how did you do the crank trigger for the sbc? I wanted to do sfi on my 406 but the aftermarket stuff without the intake,rails/injectors cost almost as much as an LS swap.

supervette64 03-18-2019 03:10 PM

If this were out when I was purchasing my MS3 system I would have definitely gone with this instead. Pretty damn good deal! Glad to see the aftermarket start making systems like this at more affordable costs.
The only two minor complaint I have is the on-board MAP sensor is 1-BAR. So if you want to run boosted you'll have to run your own MAP and take up one of the 4 inputs. Which brings me to my next point that 4 extra inputs isn't that much.

lionelhutz 03-18-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jim2527 (Post 1599064961)
Adam’s comparing it to his non LS Holley HP that’s why.

Comparing it to a HP for LS is a different...the new system seems like a very good value.

Equivalent HP parts will run you right around the the price Adam posted. So, how was the price he listed being so unfair? The HP stuff totaling the price range he listed doesn't include sensors, or intake, or crank sensor, or ignition system, or fuel pump, or injectors, or any other parts like that. It's at least $2k to get you the ECU, wiring harnesses and handheld no matter what engine you're going to run with it.

lionelhutz 03-18-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kacyc3 (Post 1599065258)
how did you do the crank trigger for the sbc? I wanted to do sfi on my 406 but the aftermarket stuff without the intake,rails/injectors cost almost as much as an LS swap.

EFI Connection has kits.

If you want to do it cheap then find the 4x wheel and 1x distributor for cam from a 0411 equipped small block.

Or, get a 58x wheel (also called 60-2) and sensor on Ebay.

Peter

metal tech 03-18-2019 08:05 PM

Kacyc3, sent you a PM