CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Interesting to Me (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4251913-interesting-to-me.html)

CorvetteRules 03-14-2019 08:23 PM

Interesting to Me

With the weather changing for the good I decided to buy the CTS I need to change in my 91 so I checked with all the chain brick and mortar car parts stores around me. Turned out none of them had the ACDelco in stock so I'd have to order from one of those stores. A quick google search found me one at CariD at a cheaper price then any of the chain stores and since their warehouse is in New Jersey ordered it Tuesday night and got it today.

Do my fellow forum members find it is easier to get quality engine parts from one of the main Corvette online specialty vendors or in my case CariD then the chain auto part stores?

Patsgarage 03-14-2019 08:51 PM

Rockauto.com. Unless I need a part immediately, I order from them.

vader86 03-14-2019 09:31 PM

I dont even bother with the local stores anymore, I found that everything had to be overnighted to them for me to pick up tomorrow, they have so little in stock. Now I use RockAuto or one of the vette-centric places like Ecklers if Rock doesnt have it.

95LT1ZF 03-15-2019 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by vader86 (Post 1599047101)
I dont even bother with the local stores anymore, I found that everything had to be overnighted to them for me to pick up tomorrow, they have so little in stock. Now I use RockAuto or one of the vette-centric places like Ecklers if Rock doesnt have it.

I do the same. I do my best to plan ahead and order everything from Rockauto and a few other places.
Part of it is that there are very few knowledgeable people in these places anymore. The AutoZone I used to go to had a couple older gentlemen who could answer just about any question. They have slowly been replaced by idiots and morons that can't even look up parts right,

65Z01 03-15-2019 01:05 AM

For AC Delco parts I use a local shop; for specialty stuff it's one of the on-line outfits.

Krusty84 03-15-2019 09:12 AM

I use Rock Auto for research and to obtain part numbers and then purchase everything I can from Amazon. Usually the pricing is very similar and the return process is SO MUCH EASIER with Amazon.

CorvetteRules 03-15-2019 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by 65Z01 (Post 1599047912)
For AC Delco parts I use a local shop; for specialty stuff it's one of the on-line outfits.

That is why I was initially frustrated, because it was an AC Delco part was thinking it would be easy to find it in stock locally, but no at any of them.

RtStuf 03-16-2019 09:53 AM

Cts?

65Z01 03-16-2019 10:26 PM

Guess I'm lucky that my local AC Delco shop most always has a need part in later same or next day.

"CTS" == coolant temp. sensor