CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   Latest C8 engine will be british design (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/4251949-latest-c8-engine-will-be-british-design.html)

Little Mouse 03-14-2019 10:11 PM

Latest C8 engine will be british design

Yep. Google wikipedia, dapier deltic...dont forget to scroll down for working model.

dmaxx3500 03-14-2019 10:17 PM

ya,right

Big2Bird 03-14-2019 10:29 PM

Then they are busy adding adapters to make it work.:smash:

stumpshot 03-14-2019 10:50 PM

All right! I hope they don't forget the Lucas electricals. I kinda miss the Prince Of Darkness!

Little Mouse 03-14-2019 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Big2Bird (Post 1599047416)
Then they are busy adding adapters to make it work.:smash:

im a bit worried looks a little 3 legged fruit loops to me.was a bit sad about bruce jenner had to take him off his old box cover of weaties and put on the fruit loops box.

Little Mouse 03-14-2019 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by stumpshot (Post 1599047515)
All right! I hope they don't forget the Lucas electricals. I kinda miss the Prince Of Darkness!

i bought a new truimph bonneville. i must have got screwed on the electrics it made it from dallas to san diego and back 5000 total miles and did not even break down lol

CrossedUp 03-15-2019 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by stumpshot (Post 1599047515)

...and Whitworth fasteners too.

Old joke - Why do Brits drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas refrigerators.

BKbroiler 03-15-2019 12:31 PM

Let the C8 bashing begin.

dochorsepower 03-15-2019 12:36 PM

And don't forget:

ELECTRICAL THEORY BY JOSEPH LUCAS

Electricity is characterized as the transmission of negative ions by retention of a visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working.

The function of a wiring harness is to conduct the smoke from one device to another. When the wiring springs a leak and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterward.

For example, if one places a copper bar across the terminals of a battery, prodigious quantities of smoke are liberated and the battery shortly ceases to function. In addition, if one observes smoke escaping from an electrical component such as a Lucas voltage regulator, it will also be observed that the component no longer functions. The logic is elementary and inescapable!

In conclusion, the basic concept of transmission of electrical energy in the form of smoke provides a logical explanation of the mysteries of electrical components especially British units manufactured by Joseph Lucas, Ltd.

Big2Bird 03-15-2019 02:17 PM

Edison invented the light bulb.

Lucas invented the short circuit.

CanadaGrant 03-15-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by dochorsepower (Post 1599049989)
And don't forget:

ELECTRICAL THEORY BY JOSEPH LUCAS

Electricity is characterized as the transmission of negative ions by retention of a visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working.

The function of a wiring harness is to conduct the smoke from one device to another. When the wiring springs a leak and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterward.

For example, if one places a copper bar across the terminals of a battery, prodigious quantities of smoke are liberated and the battery shortly ceases to function. In addition, if one observes smoke escaping from an electrical component such as a Lucas voltage regulator, it will also be observed that the component no longer functions. The logic is elementary and inescapable!

In conclusion, the basic concept of transmission of electrical energy in the form of smoke provides a logical explanation of the mysteries of electrical components especially British units manufactured by Joseph Lucas, Ltd.

That's hilarious and oh-so-true. Back in the early seventies the airline I had started flying for up here in Canada talked me into going on this big four engine freighter called an Argosy. What a mistake... It was made by Armstrong Whitworth in England and I think the only reason they got it was because it was almost free. The gauges and electronics were all Lucas and everything was bass-ackwards. There was always smoke and failures coming from somewhere and the only job that was more frustrating was the poor guys who had to fix it. It was like this big puzzle that made no sense and when it didn't smoke or quit or both you just knew something really bad was about to happen.

Easy Mike 03-15-2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Little Mouse (Post 1599047312)
...Google...dapier deltic...

Napier Deltic

derekderek 03-15-2019 07:24 PM

Lucas did all the refrigerators in England. Hence the British penchant for warm beer...

mrvette 03-15-2019 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Easy Mike (Post 1599051361)
Napier Deltic

YGTBFKM.......sets a new standard for stupid design work......