CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Auto vs Manual (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4252703-auto-vs-manual.html)

Mad*Max 04-07-2019 09:36 AM

I have now had my new M7 C7 for just over a week and I have to say that I am very pleased with my decision to go with the M7. I had an A6 C6 for 12 years and driving the C7 is definitely more enjoyable for me and reminds me a lot of my M6 '01 Trans Am which was a blast. I do not plan to be doing a lot of rush hour driving in this car which I could see being a task...

SuperdadZ06 04-07-2019 09:52 AM

Ok back to the original question. You must find a way to drive both so you can make the best decision for me. I remember when I sold my 911 and was considering another the sales guy told me that the PDK transmission would make me forget a stick. I must have drove 10 different Porsches with the PDK including a few Turbos and for me it was a real snooze fest. I have only had my new Vette for 2000 miles but the M7 is by far my favorite part of the driving experience. I certainly hope you make the decision that is best for you.

Supersonic 427 04-07-2019 01:12 PM

No one can convince you of which one to buy! For me, the manual is much fun to drive. My Corvette is strictly for fun and I want it to be completely different than my DD. Like others have said, drive both and decide.

emclass 04-08-2019 10:19 PM

Boys and their toys...

Really? Two days into a '19 manual transmission vette, 5th vette owned. 4 automatic and one manual. It all comes down to what you feel best driving and how much you enjoy the experience. If your car is a reflection of your masculinity, you've got other issues besides are you going to drive a manual or an automatic transmission. You could easily be 75 years old and drive an automatic vette, because the clutch is too much effort, doesn't make you less of a man.

GARYFINN 04-08-2019 10:46 PM

To each his own however I couldn't see myself driving an automatic C7.

JDSC8VETTE 04-09-2019 08:58 AM

I have a M7 and it has nothing to do with being manly. I just like driving a manual. I feel more connected to the car and feel the driving experience is better than an automatic. This is just my opinion and the auto vs manual debate is strictly personal preference.

BEAR-AvHistory 04-09-2019 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE (Post 1599192957)
I have a M7 and it has nothing to do with being manly. I just like driving a manual. I feel more connected to the car and feel the driving experience is better than an automatic. This is just my opinion and the auto vs manual debate is strictly personal preference.

Agree, its all about FUN with two seat cars. The whole man pedal thing is nonsense, my 16 year old 5'4" granddaughter drives the COBRA with a TKO-600 & CenterForce clutch very competently.

Fredtoo 04-09-2019 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06 (Post 1599182567)
Ok back to the original question. You must find a way to drive both so you can make the best decision for me. I remember when I sold my 911 and was considering another the sales guy told me that the PDK transmission would make me forget a stick. I must have drove 10 different Porsches with the PDK including a few Turbos and for me it was a real snooze fest. I have only had my new Vette for 2000 miles but the M7 is by far my favorite part of the driving experience. I certainly hope you make the decision that is best for you.

I had a car with a PDK, and went back to the stick.
The PDK was faster, the M/T is more fun.

WalterMitty 04-09-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by lakemg (Post 1599067525)
😁
And...
1. What exterior/interior color should I get?
2. 1LT, 2LT, or splurge for the 3LT?
3. Coupe or convertible?
4. Z51 or base or should I get the GS, Z06, or ZR1?
5. Chrome wheels or black?
6. Order it or dealer stock?
7. Museum delivery or not?

Can't anyone make their own decisions? I'm going to start a C7 consulting company to help people figure which car to buy...

8. Forum members complaining about newer Forum members looking for knowledge.

GLOCK22357 04-09-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE (Post 1599192957)

Preach it brother!!!

It's just a more connected, involved driving experience. What you do as a driver actually matters to what the car does. There's nothing like a twisting mountain road, the darkness split by your headlights as you shift through gears and feed the right power to the road at the right time.......just heaven!!!

Autos are faster, and provide a more relaxed driving experience, and many want just that. No problemo.

dbirdhouse1 04-09-2019 03:12 PM

c'mon

Originally Posted by weathermaker (Post 1599060523)
I'm sure this has been beaten to death but here goes. We are looking at a 2019 vert purchase. Our last 2 vettes were manual transmissions. For those that have gone to autos, do you have any regrets. Did you go back to a stick? Getting older and thinking ahead.:leaving:

really?

Vette Ski 04-09-2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by GLOCK22357 (Post 1599195068)
Preach it brother!!!

It's just a more connected, involved driving experience. What you do as a driver actually matters to what the car does. There's nothing like a twisting mountain road, the darkness split by your headlights as you shift through gears and feed the right power to the road at the right time.......just heaven!!!

Autos are faster, and provide a more relaxed driving experience, and many want just that. No problemo.

If you can't decide which one you want you won't be able to sleep at night, buy one of each!:jester
Rich

hummiscorvettetaken 04-09-2019 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vette Ski (Post 1599195144)
If you can't decide which one you want you won't be able to sleep at night, buy one of each!:jester
Rich

Yes, the perfect solution - then just sell the one that gets driven the least and your problems solved!