CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Anyone tried bead maker? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4253315-anyone-tried-bead-maker.html)

Tiger Joe 03-19-2019 08:07 AM

Anyone tried bead maker?

I just got my first bottle of P&S bead maker last night and so far I'm pretty impressed. I wasn't as blown away as some of the reviews online, so I was curious if anyone has been using it, and what your thoughts were on how it compares to other similar products or how stands the test of time.

I'll give my .02 compared to similar products I had used:

Adams H2O gloss and guard- ok shine, didnt seem to last very long (and the car I used it on sits in the garage). After 2 washes I felt like it needed another application. to be fair I only did the wet application not the dry, but for some reason I wasn't a huge fan. I actually use it on my work beater just to help make it easier to wash.

Adams Ceramic Boost 2.0- thought this was good, but very streaky on dark colors- dark gray, and black. on a black car I simply couldn't get the streaks off the hood. had to go back and put americana on the hood to get all the streaks out. Cars are not ceramic coated, I was just using this as a stand alone sealant.

Bead Maker- easy application. I'll say this about the reviews, they dont lie it keeps getting slicker as it cures. Some people are saying it takes a whole bottle to do a car the first time, I dunno if I under-applied but I did 2 freshly detailed vehicles- SUV and a 1 ton truck- and still had some in the bottle. one oddity- people online love the smell of this stuff, when I did our SUV I did it in the small 3 car garage, and after about 90% of the vehicle I actually started feeling overwhelmed by the smell. I quickly finished, but if I had more to do I would have opened the garage door to air it out.

Overall, I think the bead maker and adams ceramic boost are very similar. the 2 advantages I felt bead maker had was 1- no streaks, and 2- price a gallon of beadmaker is just slightly more than 16 oz ceramic boost.

BudgetPlan1 03-19-2019 10:32 AM

I gave it a try a while ago, it's a fun and economical product but really didn't give me the impression that it would provide long lasting effects or much protection from bird bombs or other environmental contamination. I tried it on bare, polished and prepped paint as well as on top of a coating. It's slick as snot and some feel the gloss (especially the next day) is superb but I really didn't notice anything significant compared to bare, polished paint as far as looks go.

Used on top of a coating it diminished the water/behavior and self cleaning effects of the coated surface so not so great in that capacity.

Probably works best in a situation where frequent application will keep it 'fresh' as it really didn't take much abuse form a NE Ohio winter before fading away. It is fun to use though, quite easy.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7bd0924441.jpg

Polish Angel Rapidwaxx Beads:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9f024092bb.jpg

Slickness nod goes to Beadmaker but Rapidwaxx was only a touch less slick. Like I said, fun stuff but in my opinion, superficial effects that don't last but if you like it and use it often, you might enjoy it.

Really doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks as every situation is different so if you like it, keep using it as that's all that matters...what *you* like.

FYRARMS 03-19-2019 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Joe (Post 1599070342)
anyone tried bead maker?

Bead Maker is one of my favorite detailing chemicals. I don't use it as a stand-alone means of protection, but as a sealant topper and after-wash drying aid/spray sealant, like it was designed. I always used Meg's D156 X-press for this purpose, but the Bead Maker is less expensive, lasts longer, and visually adds gloss. I mean, the gloss increase is seriously noticeable. The current protection on my pearl white daily driver is a coat of Collinite 845 (hybrid sealant/wax) topped with Bead Maker. The carnauba in the 845 makes the pearl really jump out, and the Bead Maker on top makes the pearl look like it is covered in glass. Very pleasant combo that works well together.

charley95 03-20-2019 08:00 AM

Haven't tried Bead Maker yet. I don't have any issues with H20 G&G and use it everytime I wash. Ceramic Boost on top of H20 gives me amazing results on my metallic black cars. They've improved Ceramic Boost to 2.0 which is easier to wipe off. With the old version of Boost ya just have to wipe a little more aggressively with a separate drying towel to combat the streaks. The H20 is really a great drying aid on a wet car IMHO.

SouthBaySurfer 03-20-2019 09:17 AM

I'm a big fan of Bead Maker. I use it more or less as a quick detailer, but it's great on glass, as well. I also use it on the granite countertops in the kitchen. The price is rather friendly too; under 30 bucks a gallon when the Geek runs a sale. Quick and easy to apply, nice shine, and super slick finish.

Top_Notch 03-27-2019 02:38 PM

If you are like me, you try various products to keep your ride clean and shiny. I've tried them all. I've been using Meguirs Xpress spray wax based on good online reviews. I use it mostly as I dry after a wash. But I haven't been able to get the results others have. It's streaky and seems to leave a dull residue not allowing my paint to pop. On another suggestion I tried P&S Beadmaker. I don't know what's in this stuff, but man does it make my ride shine and slick feeling. I've actually used it over Xpress areas that are streaky and it's cleaned them up. It's literally spray on, wipe off, and wait.

I haven't had a chance to determine it's longevity. But I clean and wax my car often so having it last 6 months isn't really a concern to me. I recently had back surgery and my car sat for 6 months. I washed it and applied bead maker and my car has never looked better. It shines like nobody's business and it is as slik as silk across a baby's ass. I don't have any affiliation with this product, but thought I'd share my experiences.

Mind you, my car is an S197 and 8 years old already.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1adfc18b3c.jpg

Tiger Joe 03-28-2019 11:13 AM

so bit of an update- i applied bead maker on my wifes tahoe last week. on friday while she was at work, we had a very odd weather day- rain/snow/ even a brief moment of sleet. she didnt drive in any of it, it just say in the parking lot. she drove it home put it in the garage and it didnt even look dirty.

I'm really impressed. previously when I had used gloss and guard the car wouldnt be that clean after a storm.

FYRARMS 03-28-2019 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Joe (Post 1599125074)
I'm really impressed. previously when I had used gloss and guard the car wouldnt be that clean after a storm.

I love the stuff! I have a friend with a metallic burgundy Mustang GT, and he drives it daily. He washes it weekly, and uses Bead Maker as a drying aid. His car always looks amazing, and the Bead maker is the only protection product on the paint (other than a show car glaze a couple times per year). Just a weekly wipe down with the Bead Maker. Sometimes it makes me think twice about all the time I spend applying liquid base sealants and then waxes to my cars. LOL

rudutch 03-28-2019 12:33 PM

did all 4 cars, pleased with results

I later did a buff/polish and reapplied (2 coats)
even more impressive

CamarosRus 05-17-2019 06:59 PM

Rene Doyle BEADMAKER on sale 25% off NOW / TODAY at AutoGeek
I just ordered 120oz bottle so shipping will be fee

Fyrarms and Budget Plan

Is CarPro Eraser good to use after polishing and before Black Fire Sealant and Waxes
versus regular IPA

charley95 06-20-2019 02:11 PM

I got my gallon today and ready to try it. The only thing I'll expect will be gloss enhancement and that's it. I have several coatings, sealants... for protection. My buddy swears it's the best gloss of all the detail sprays he's used. And he outspends me by a long shot on product.

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599617055)
I got my gallon today and ready to try it. The only thing I'll expect will be gloss enhancement and that's it. I have several coatings, sealants... for protection. My buddy swears it's the best gloss of all the detail sprays he's used. And he outspends me by a long shot on product.

I use it on both wax and sealant applications and have always seen noticeable gloss improvement, especially when fully cured the next day. I also use it strictly as a gloss-enhancer and as a means of extending the life of the sealant on my daily. Gloss plus extra protection for cheap = winning! I just think they should call it "Gloss Maker" instead of "Bead Maker". My daily is always more slick and glossy with it, but the sealant I have underneath it actually beads water better by itself.

I watched a video made by a detail shop in the UK. They were testing a bunch of spray sealants and "toppers" on test panels, and each test panel was coated with different base products. Waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings. The Bead Maker performed differently on each panel. But, to summarize...

On a bare clean panel, it increased gloss and slickness, and added hydrophobic properties.
On a waxed panel, it increased gloss and slickness, and lessened hydrophobic properties.
On a sealed panel, it increased gloss and slickness, and lessened hydrophobic properties.
On a ceramic-coated panel, gloss and slickness stayed about the same, but it boosted hydrophobic properties. :eek:

P&S has said that Bead Maker makes a great coating topper, and they apparently weren't kidding. It seems to really boost ceramic properties. Go figure. LOL

EDIT: Not sure which ceramic coating they had good luck with. BudgetPlan didn't have the same results when he topped a coating with it. As always, every result may be different depending on the combo of products used.

MMD 06-20-2019 03:07 PM

I read it only last about 2 months. To me that's not worth the effort.

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599617395)

What? :lol: Wipe your car down with any typical quick detailer and see how long it "lasts". None of them really add any protection at all. Do you know what Bead Maker is? And how much "effort" is required to simply spray and wipe your car? Geezus, it takes like 5 minutes.

charley95 06-20-2019 04:11 PM

It's strictly a gloss enhancer that beads the next time you wash it of get caught in the rain. It's something I would use everytime I wash my car.

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599617883)
It's strictly a gloss enhancer that beads the next time you wash it of get caught in the rain. It's something I would use everytime I wash my car.

Exactly! Besides, if a spray product lasts 2 months as a standalone means of paint protection on a daily driver, that is really good. Hell, my daily driver currently wears a base coat of Rejex sealant plus a coat of Collinite 845. Even with all that protection, I still wipe it down once per week after every wash with something. Either Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, Bead Maker, Sonax Brilliant Shine, or one of my gazillion detail sprays. All of them work as drying aids, enhance gloss, and add a little protection. But, Bead Maker is the one that makes the most visible appearance difference. Kenotek Showroom Shine is probably in second place behind it. The Sonax is the one that adds the most protection. That stuff is actually a really good sealant.

"...not worth the effort". LOL

MMD 06-20-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599617492)
What? :lol: Wipe your car down with any typical quick detailer and see how long it "lasts". None of them really add any protection at all. Do you know what Bead Maker is? And how much "effort" is required to simply spray and wipe your car? Geezus, it takes like 5 minutes.

I'm not interested in quick detailers. 5 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration. I prefer products that last rather than are quick to apply. Keep your Bead Maker.

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599618485)
I'm not interested in quick detailers. 5 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration. I prefer products that last rather than are quick to apply. Keep your Bead Maker.

Exaggeration? Not at all. Why would it take more than 5 minutes?

You obviously don't know what Bead Maker is used for. It DOES last. It works exactly as intended. What products are you comparing it to? Or are you simply making assumptions about a product you are unfamiliar with?

MMD 06-20-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599618553)
Exaggeration? Not at all. Why would it take more than 5 minutes?

You obviously don't know what Bead Maker is used for. It DOES last. It works exactly as intended. What products are you comparing it to? Or are you simply making assumptions about a product you are unfamiliar with?

Quite the contrary. I've been detailing vehicles for over 40 years. I know all about Bead Maker, what it is, how it's used, and what to expect. I make no assumptions about anything. Bead Maker is a short duration product. It's a good product if your into car shows. For daily drivers, I prefer using more durable products.

charley95 06-20-2019 06:59 PM

I use products that last on my paint too and will use BM on top of it. It doesn't matter what type of lasting product you have on your paint. Every time you drive through rain,snow... or wash your car your stil wiping the finish which eventually wears off the protection. A quality detail spray helps enhance the finish and enhances the protection short term. I tried BM today on a panel and love it. It's definitely one of the most economically priced DS's on the market. I'm assuming you've never tried it?

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599618853)
I've been detailing vehicles for over 40 years. I know all about Bead Maker, what it is, how it's used

I prefer using more durable products.

Please, with your 4 decades of detailing experience, which "more durable" product would be a better alternative to Bead Maker?

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599618891)
I use products that last on my paint too and will use BM on top of it. It doesn't matter what type of lasting product you have on your paint. Every time you drive through rain,snow... or wash your car your stil wiping the finish which eventually wears off the protection. A quality detail spray helps enhance the finish and enhances the protection short term. I tried BM today on a panel and love it. It's definitely one of the most economically priced DS's on the market. I'm assuming you've never tried it?

Exactly. My daily is protected with some of the most durable sealants available. I still top it with spray sealants such as Bead Maker, Nanoskin Nano Shock, Sonax Brilliant Shine, etc. "Sacrificial layer" spray sealants and spray waxes are exactly what they are---drying aids, gloss enhancers, and base protection life extenders. They aren't designed to last a long time, nor are they designed to be used as a sole means of paint protection.

Geezus, PPF is the best paint protection, and people still top it with other products. LOL

MMD 06-20-2019 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599618947)
Please, with your 4 decades of detailing experience, which "more durable" product would be a better alternative to Bead Maker?

Depends on what you want from a product. There no 1 answers. Gloss, hydrophobicity, chemical protection, resistant to water spotting, durability, expense, ease of application? Do you think Bead Maker is durable? I found it lasting about 2 months on a daily driver. It has high gloss but I found it does not have the hydrophobicity of most Gyeon products I am currently using now. High levels of hydrophobicity do not just repel water but it really helps to keep dust off the paint surface. This keeps the car surface cleaner longer. So durability and hydrophobicity are key features of a product that are high on my list for product performance. Why are you so attached too Bead Maker? Price, or other?

charley95 06-20-2019 07:34 PM

If you got 2 months from BM I'd say that's pretty damn good.

charley95 06-20-2019 07:36 PM

As a matter of fact, I'd like to see a GENERAL DS that lasts 2 months or more. That's all BM is, a general DS that gives great gloss and short term protection.

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599619047)
Do you think Bead Maker is durable?

When used as designed? Yes.

I found it lasting about 2 months on a daily driver.
Outstanding! Which base protection did you apply the Bead Maker on top of?

Why are you so attached too Bead Maker? Price, or other?
For many reasons:

Unmatched gloss enhancement.
Extends the life of my base protection.
Ease of application and removal.
Can be applied to any surface.
Can be applied on waxes, sealants, or coatings.
Incredible value. Same price as cheap detail sprays.

charley95 06-20-2019 07:49 PM

I was just gonna ask you if BM would clash with my freshly c coated cars. I just coated both my cars recently and have yet to wash them since applying the ceramic. I'll be testing my Adam's c spray for durability after I wash them. Sure won't be washing them this weekend in Peoria. Rain Rain Rain!:(

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 08:25 PM

Some people have found that it doesn't work well on coatings, and others have claimed it boosts performance. Might just depend on the coating.

CDNZ 06-20-2019 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599619113)
When used as designed? Yes.
Outstanding! Which base protection did you apply the Bead Maker on top of?
For many reasons:

Unmatched gloss enhancement.
Extends the life of my base protection.
Ease of application and removal.
Can be applied to any surface.
Can be applied on waxes, sealants, or coatings.
Incredible value. Same price as cheap detail sprays.

I’ll add to FYRARMS list, if I may: silky smooth slickness!

FYRARMS 06-20-2019 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by CDNZ (Post 1599620050)
I’ll add to FYRARMS list, if I may: silky smooth slickness!

Very true!

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7a2db1f96b.jpg

BIGMAC 06-21-2019 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599619329)
Some people have found that it doesn't work well on coatings, and others have claimed it boosts performance. Might just depend on the coating.

For what it is worth, I have used Bead Maker as a topper over a variety of coatings, sealants, and polishes (including Zaino) and it has never failed to add gloss and slickness. I don't care that it is not a long-term product as I use it with every wash. OK, the real reason I use it is I am addicted to the smell :)

Tiger Joe 06-21-2019 09:39 AM

well its been 3 months since I started using beadmaker, and I still think its great. i've used it pretty regularly on 3 cars. I am a clean car fanatic.

I 100% agree about the dust not sticking to the car. took my pickup to a swap meet last weekend. knew I would have to park in a field so assumed truck would need a bath when I got home. to my surprise there was almost no dust on my hood. its like it didn't even stick to the truck and blew off on the ride home. plus had like 3 or 4 people tell me "nice truck" which I think means a lot considering my truck has 230k miles on it.

on the wifes tahoe- its cut my wash time down considerably. my wife only works part time, so if its time when she is off, I always wash the car so its not sitting in the garage dirty. I have been applying beadmaker roughly once every 2 weeks or so just a quick touch up, which takes like 10 min. even if the car gets driven in the rain, its significantly less dirty than before. also been using it on the chrome rims and it really seems to help keep them clean.

for the little amount of effort it takes, I think its def worth it!

charley95 06-21-2019 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599619329)

I must say it's not working on my freshly ceramic coated car. I tried it on a panel in my garage yesterday and it looked good. I got it in the sun this morning and it didn't look too good actually much worse than the coated panels. I polished with Glare Microfinish, did a wipe down with Adam's surface prep then Adam's Spray C coating. After I let the C spray cure overnight I topped it off with Adam's Ceramic Boost. I'm wondering if the BM doesn't work well with SI02's? I'm thinking after a few washes that BM might be more benificial since the car is freshly coated and hasn't been washed since coating. Thoughts?

BIGMAC 06-21-2019 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599622288)
I must say it's not working on my freshly ceramic coated car. I tried it on a panel in my garage yesterday and it looked good. I got it in the sun this morning and it didn't look too good actually much worse than the coated panels. I polished with Glare Microfinish, did a wipe down with Adam's surface prep then Adam's Spray C coating. After I let the C spray cure overnight I topped it off with Adam's Ceramic Boost. I'm wondering if the BM doesn't work well with SI02's? I'm thinking after a few washes that BM might be more benificial since the car is freshly coated and hasn't been washed since coating. Thoughts?

Perhaps it is product related. I used Bead Maker over SI02 coatings from Meguires, Mothers, and Dr. Beasley all with good results.

FYRARMS 06-21-2019 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by BIGMAC (Post 1599620704)
For what it is worth, I have used Bead Maker as a topper over a variety of coatings, sealants, and polishes (including Zaino) and it has never failed to add gloss and slickness. I don't care that it is not a long-term product as I use it with every wash. OK, the real reason I use it is I am addicted to the smell :)

:lol: It does smell mango-licious! LOL

FYRARMS 06-21-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599622288)
I'm wondering if the BM doesn't work well with SI02's?

Originally Posted by BIGMAC (Post 1599622317)
Perhaps it is product related. I used Bead Maker over SI02 coatings from Meguires, Mothers, and Dr. Beasley all with good results.

I would agree that it is product-related. Most users have found that it doesn't make the best SiO2 topper, but some others swear by it. To be perfectly honest, if I had a ceramic-coated car, I would only top it with products designed for that purpose. In fact, there are so many SiO2-friendly soaps and toppers out now, I wouldn't need to touch the Bead Maker.

Raymond Grand Sport 06-26-2019 11:02 PM

I was very very skeptical concerning bead maker. I also am not into quick applications with very inexpensive products. I have taken a detailing class with Mike Phillips, and one day on the Autogeek site I watched him demo it. I find Mike to be a straight shooter, but I still said no. I follow and have spoken to The Obsessed garage guy. I watched him see it in use, then when he used it and published I thought maybe I should try it. When he though enough of it to put it in his store, I bought a bottle. Here are my thoughts.

1) I have 3 cars in my garage, all are driven (not garage queens) and I occasionally track one. none are driven daily and stay inside.
2) My purpose was as a topping to a good system underneath, not as the only coating.
3) Two of the cars have ceramic coatings, On those I use Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz as a topping for maintenance of the system underneath
4) I decided to try in on my 2017 Shelby GT350 as I deironized it, clay bared it, paint corrected it, had expel on the front, mirrors, lower quarters, etc., then applied Griots best of show wax (2 coats) over a year ago. Even though it is not driven daily, this summer the finish does not have the consistency it had but I have almost no clear coat scratches so I though I would try the Bead maker for maintenance instead of recleaning and waxing,
5) I gave the car a good complete wash and the next morning went out and applied Bead Maker. I have seen different videos with different application amount theories. I applied it liberally until the entire surface was coated but it wasn't running off.
6) I used 2 towels, first for removing most of the coating and the second to ensure no streaking and that I had it all. I changed towels 4 times in the process, using 8 towels in all.

It is early, but my opinion is that it is a winner. I am pleasantly surprised.The Expel and the car finishes matched up well. both glosses look the same. As I don't intend to drive these cars in the rain, only when I am stuck out, I will not be able to test the durability very well. It is very slick to the touch as has been noted. I will update this in 4-6 weeks after I have driven and washed the car. I most always get bugs and bird droppings. I will report on how it performs.

FYRARMS 06-26-2019 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Raymond Grand Sport (Post 1599652665)
then applied Griots best of show wax (2 coats) over a year ago.

I though I would try the Bead maker for maintenance instead of recleaning and waxing,

Griot's "Best Of Show" is probably my favorite paste wax. I always use a bottom layer of Collinite 845 as a very durable base, but when I apply a top layer, I use the Griot's. Really gives metallic paint a very deep and warm glow!

I use Bead Maker on top of my wax applications. Despite the wax being more hydrophobic (in my opinion), I don't drive my waxed car in the rain very much anyway. What I do like is that the wax gives my paint the depth and warm look I like, and the Bead Maker kind of "locks it in", while adding a very slick and glossy glass-like top coat. Closer to that of a high-end sealant or a ceramic coating. Kind of gives metallic paint the best of both worlds.

Looking forward to your extended review! You should get a couple months of durability out of the Bead Maker, depending on how much use the car gets, and depending on your wash frequency, of course.

spinkick 06-29-2019 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599619047)
Depends on what you want from a product. There no 1 answers. Gloss, hydrophobicity, chemical protection, resistant to water spotting, durability, expense, ease of application? Do you think Bead Maker is durable? I found it lasting about 2 months on a daily driver. It has high gloss but I found it does not have the hydrophobicity of most Gyeon products I am currently using now. High levels of hydrophobicity do not just repel water but it really helps to keep dust off the paint surface. This keeps the car surface cleaner longer. So durability and hydrophobicity are key features of a product that are high on my list for product performance. Why are you so attached too Bead Maker? Price, or other?

Its a sealant, not a SiO2 product. You are complaining about 2 months of protection that takes 15 min per application?

charley95 06-29-2019 09:01 PM

I'm getting odd results from my BM. I'm getting spots and splotchy results but my cars are C Coated and it's not mixing well with it. What's strange is my bud and I use the same products on our cars and he loves it and his cars are all C coated. The only difference is all his cars are Dodge and mine are Lexus. I'm almost thinking I got a bad batch of product. I'm just not sure what to think. I have the weirdest luck with products.

FYRARMS 06-30-2019 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 1599669068)
I'm getting odd results from my BM. I'm getting spots and splotchy results but my cars are C Coated and it's not mixing well with it. What's strange is my bud and I use the same products on our cars and he loves it and his cars are all C coated. The only difference is all his cars are Dodge and mine are Lexus. I'm almost thinking I got a bad batch of product. I'm just not sure what to think. I have the weirdest luck with products.

That is really weird. While it may lessen the hydrophobic properties of ceramic coatings, it is definitely okay to use on top of them. I have never heard of Bead Maker being spotty or splotchy, either. The worst thing I have heard is that it can streak when being applied in direct sunlight on hot panels, but that is usually true of anything, really.

I know you know what you are doing as far as application goes, so I am not sure why yours is being weird and your friend's isn't. Have you tried using your bottle on another car? Maybe one not ceramic coated?

CDNZ 06-30-2019 10:25 PM

I corrected my paint, applied Collinite 915 and followed up with BeadMaker. I have been using BeadMaker as a drying aid each time I "wash" the car. I say "wash" because all I basically do is rinse the car off with water to get rid of the bit of dust that gets on the car from driving, along with whatever else the car picks up from normal use. The car has had BM applied to it probably 5-7 times since full correction and I use it liberally.

Other than all the other attributes we have all discussed, I noticed that bugs (some make contact with the car at very high velocity ;) ) that have been on the car say, overnight, just a touch of a finger and the bug splatter literally slides right off, virtually no trace. I don't clean them off this way (dry) but I did try with a finger to see how bonded they would be...not bonded well at all! That slickness I love about BM seems to act like Teflon for the bug guts and goo that inevitably accumulates on the forward facing portions of the car as we drive. Love the BM!

charley95 07-01-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599671217)
That is really weird. While it may lessen the hydrophobic properties of ceramic coatings, it is definitely okay to use on top of them. I have never heard of Bead Maker being spotty or splotchy, either. The worst thing I have heard is that it can streak when being applied in direct sunlight on hot panels, but that is usually true of anything, really.

I know you know what you are doing as far as application goes, so I am not sure why yours is being weird and your friend's isn't. Have you tried using your bottle on another car? Maybe one not ceramic coated?

I haven't tried it on a non coated car. I'm not giving up on it yet. I do use it on the door jambs and non coated wheels which look amazing with it and the windows. I'm just thinking since both my cars are freshly coated it's not mixing well with the fresh coating. I'm hoping that after a few washes that it might knock the freshness of the coating down and maybe get better results from it. I want it to work since I got a gallon of it.

walker3 07-03-2019 06:46 PM

so which Beadmaker is this - how / where do I order from?

SouthBaySurfer 07-04-2019 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by walker3 (Post 1599692173)
so which Beadmaker is this - how / where do I order from?

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant. I get it at Autogeek.com(a forum sponsor); $33 for a gallon. Enter coupon code J4TH19 for 25% off today. Great product at a very reasonable price.

walker3 07-04-2019 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBaySurfer (Post 1599695477)
Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant. I get it at Autogeek.com(a forum sponsor); $33 for a gallon. Enter coupon code J4TH19 for 25% off today. Great product at a very reasonable price.

Thanks - just placed the order -

Jill Hempel 08-08-2019 01:41 PM

Splotchy/streaks on hood.

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599671217)

I just applied Bead Maker after watching and reading all the great reviews. I also got streaks, primarily on the hood. After noticing this, I sprayed the a small amount of product on a clean microfiber, applied this to the streaked areas, and wiped off with another clean microfiber. Now I have streaks AND splotches. Car was washed and dried in a shaded garage (but it’s been 90+ here with high humidity for weeks). Was it the heat/humidity that caused this? Does this happen if too much product was applied initially? I didn’t let it dwell on the car for more than a minute. Any tips for how to get rid of the streaks or splotches? It definitely does NOT look shiny or glossy.

FYRARMS 08-08-2019 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jill Hempel (Post 1599930338)
I just applied Bead Maker after watching and reading all the great reviews. I also got streaks, primarily on the hood. After noticing this, I sprayed the a small amount of product on a clean microfiber, applied this to the streaked areas, and wiped off with another clean microfiber. Now I have streaks AND splotches. Car was washed and dried in a shaded garage (but it’s been 90+ here with high humidity for weeks). Was it the heat/humidity that caused this? Does this happen if too much product was applied initially? I didn’t let it dwell on the car for more than a minute. Any tips for how to get rid of the streaks or splotches? It definitely does NOT look shiny or glossy.

Humidity can cause streaking with any product. I have even had issues with simple detail sprays and spray waxes when it is humid. Regardless of the humidity, I wouldn't really let Bead Maker dwell. Just simply spray it on, spread it out with one towel, and buff dry with a second towel. One panel at a time.

What are you applying the Bead Maker on top of? What is your base protection on your car?

Jill Hempel 08-08-2019 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599930383)
Humidity can cause streaking with any product. I have even had issues with simple detail sprays and spray waxes when it is humid. Regardless of the humidity, I wouldn't really let Bead Maker dwell. Just simply spray it on, spread it out with one towel, and buff dry with a second towel. One panel at a time.

What are you applying the Bead Maker on top of? What is your base protection on your car?

I used Adam’s Iron Remover, clayed it, polished it with an Adam’s Polish (just the regular one). No ceramic coating. I wanted to see what this would do on its own. I think it might be the humidity, and that I applied more product to the hood. I wasn’t planning on letting it dwell at all; I just dropped my clean microfiber on the floor and had to go grab a new one from my stash. 🙄 I’m hoping that after it cures for several hours that it will incorporate into the clear coat and give the gloss that everyone loves.

FYRARMS 08-08-2019 04:08 PM

Yeah, it is most likely the humidity coupled with the longer dwell time. I can't think of any other reason why it would be streaky or splotchy. I haven't noticed any issues on either of my cars, even with this summer's humidity to be honest. I didn't apply any to bare paint, though. My daily wears a sealant and my Z06 wears wax. The Bead Maker is used as a topper.

You will definitely notice added gloss after a few hours, and even more the day after. I would try applying more to your hood when the humidity comes down. Another wipe-down should even out any streaks or splotches.

Jill Hempel 08-08-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599931310)
Yeah, it is most likely the humidity coupled with the longer dwell time. I can't think of any other reason why it would be streaky or splotchy. I haven't noticed any issues on either of my cars, even with this summer's humidity to be honest. I didn't apply any to bare paint, though. My daily wears a sealant and my Z06 wears wax. The Bead Maker is used as a topper.

You will definitely notice added gloss after a few hours, and even more the day after. I would try applying more to your hood when the humidity comes down. Another wipe-down should even out any streaks or splotches.

Thanks for your replies! Fingers crossed!

walker3 08-08-2019 10:16 PM

I have had many streak when I do it late with the humidity - but using bead maker at normal times - no streaking, looks great, works great

I put bead maker on 1/2 of my F-150 hood, and C-Magic on the other half - so far no difference -

JonMN 08-10-2019 03:20 PM

With Bead Maker (or other similar products) do you need to protect the edges on your PPF? The reason I ask is that I made a couple annoying (and expensive) mistakes in the past, once with a paste wax along a seam and another time with clay-bar along an edge. Of course I tried to get the residue off and ended up forcing it under the edges. (I know I should have used masking tape, but I thought I could get by without it. Doh!)

FYRARMS 08-10-2019 11:37 PM

I had old-school 3M PPF on my previous C5Z. I regularly used spray waxes on it and never had issues. I kept paste products away from edges, however. Much more difficult to remove.

FYRARMS 08-18-2019 02:33 PM

Heads-up!

Autogeek has Bead Maker on sale for $28 per gallon. PLUS today you get 25% off! :rock:

EASonBASS 08-27-2019 07:12 PM

BM shine!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1e8933400.jpeg

walker3 08-30-2019 09:22 PM

The only neg about bead maker is - I purchased a gallon and a spray bottle full - works as stated - love it - but the spray bottle is defective - when you get 1/2 way it stops spraying (hole in the tube I am guessing) so I refill with the gallon and it works again - once my gallon is up - I will need to fine another spray bottle or will not be able to use the last half

FYRARMS 08-31-2019 12:37 AM

The black spray heads everyone uses on their 16oz bottles are cheap crap. They are all the same. I bought some of these spray heads that CarPro sells, and they work much better. 3-pack for $4 and there is a 25% off sale going on now...

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-sprayer-3pack.html

Drklingler 09-19-2019 09:12 AM

Here’s another testament to Beadmaker.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9600bb75d.jpeg

This is actually the shady side of the car but it shows off the gloss and almost wet look that Beadmaker added.

This is is a new 2019 that I washed, clayed and put Turtle Wax Seal n Shine on a couple weeks ago. Washed it again this weekend and then put Beadmaker on it.

It was very easy to apply and I’m super pleased with the results.

FYRARMS 09-19-2019 01:11 PM

Looks great! :rock:

In my opinion, Turtle Wax ICE "Seal 'N Shine" topped with Bead Maker is the ultimately combo for anyone looking for the fastest and easiest way to protect your paint and to make it look amazing at the same time.

yamabob 09-19-2019 03:14 PM

Seal and Shine- Hell I still have this

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...afe749e76a.jpg
But the truth behind my superior work is I don't just wax. I go beyond. That's right

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3ae7f0a4d8.jpg
I give it the ol'e EXTRA!!

tractman 09-19-2019 08:45 PM

I've had awesome success with Bead Maker. My GS is a '19 and the paint was awesome when I picked it up....I applied BM after a thorough wash and it blew me away. Now I use it after I wash the car by spraying it on a wet panel (really hard to even get it wet with Bead Maker).....wipe it off with a high quality microfiber then buff it with another microfiber. I've never had splotches or streaks. Always apply in my garage and on low humidity days.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1c40160374.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1314b3841a.jpg

FYRARMS 09-19-2019 11:11 PM

Beautiful car!!

Vegas1500 09-21-2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599617395)

I can do my vette and Denali in about 15 minutes.....damn, that’s a lot of effort :lol:

Drklingler 09-21-2019 05:16 PM

@tractman looks great!

Do you wash the whole car before applying beadmaker or wash down individual areas then apply?

I’m trying to figure out a maintenance schedule now. I’m thinking about applying Beadmaker once a month and Seal n Shine maybe every six months.

I’m open to suggestions 😀

FYRARMS 09-21-2019 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Drklingler (Post 1600192615)
Do you wash the whole car before applying beadmaker or wash down individual areas then apply?

Just wash the whole car and give it a quick dry. Then apply the Bead Maker. You can use it as a drying aid, but it is more durable when applied to dry paint.

I’m thinking about applying Beadmaker once a month and Seal n Shine maybe every six months.
That is a pretty solid plan. I know a few people that apply Bead Maker weekly after each wash, but it starts to almost get hazy because there are too many layers. Once per month is a better idea.

tractman 09-21-2019 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Drklingler (Post 1600192615)
@tractman looks great!

I’m trying to figure out a maintenance schedule now. I’m thinking about applying Beadmaker once a month and Seal n Shine maybe every six months.

I’m open to suggestions ��

Thanks....I wash the entire car first then I use it as a drying aid. When I started with BM I did the application on dry paint which worked very well. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and learned from them on the proper way to use it. I have three vehicles and I use it on all three. The advice of once a month is a good guide....its so easy and quick to use and the results are incredible....especially after about 12 hours once its cured. Great product.

This is the photo that turned me onto this product....

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3dd8a2fcc.jpeg

walker3 09-21-2019 08:02 PM

I started using bead maker after every wash - - at a show today it rained, after the rain passed everyone one was drying their cars - mine was almost dry - very little to wipe down.

Corpsvette 09-22-2019 06:58 PM

Huge fan of the TW Seal n Shine despite the fact it does not shine like a good coat of Zaino but seems very durable. Just put my first coat of BM over it last night just because I have not tried it and hoping it pulls out some of the shine the TW does not. Definitely slick and slippery. I will see how it looks when I drive it tomorrow under the sun. Based on what I have seen on here and videos, BM does lack bead making that I enjoy from Seal n Shine. My car does not see rain but will report back after I re-wash not to mention how it reacts to dust. A lot of construction and blowing dirt where I work.

FYRARMS 09-22-2019 08:06 PM

One of the other great things about Seal 'N Shine is that it can be layered. If you want some extra gloss but want better water beading than what Bead Maker provides, top the Seal 'N Shine with the ICE Spray Wax. It has similar beading properties, and is a perfect topper for it. Also, very cheap!

Tiger Joe 09-23-2019 08:02 AM

well 6 months into my use of bead maker and still loving it. like others have said, typically i wash the car and then hit it with the beadmaker in my final detailing steps.

also, since i have a "fleet" of vehicles that sit a lot, i'll sometimes hit just the hood and roof with bead maker before pulling them out if they look dusty.

I originally bought the small spray bottle, then bought the gallon. I think right now I have maybe 20-30 oz left in the gallon. and thats 6 months of us of 2 cars full time, and using it on other cars a few times too.

Gixxerman 09-25-2019 05:31 AM

One of the best topcoats I have used

Vegas1500 09-29-2019 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1600197806)
One of the other great things about Seal 'N Shine is that it can be layered. If you want some extra gloss but want better water beading than what Bead Maker provides, top the Seal 'N Shine with the ICE Spray Wax. It has similar beading properties, and is a perfect topper for it. Also, very cheap!

You can also layer BM. Looks amazing after a couple of quick easy coats.

FYRARMS 09-29-2019 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vegas1500 (Post 1600235024)
You can also layer BM. Looks amazing after a couple of quick easy coats.

Absolutely! And, it sure does!

My ICE Spray Wax recommendation was directed at Corpsvette, who was looking for something that increased gloss but beaded water better than Bead Maker. He already uses a Seal 'N Shine base coat.

Gixxerman 10-02-2019 02:13 AM

I think some people go to pressure wash go home and spray something like BM on and expect miracles.. the miracle happens after the hours of work underneath the BM.. it only enhances the work you've done

capevettes 10-02-2019 06:30 AM

Been using Beadmaker for several months and love it. Polish Angel High Gloss is also a favorite of mine. I use PA for a full detail and QD occasionally with Beadmaker about once a month. This car was last painted in 1994.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...351f055724.jpg

FYRARMS 10-02-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gixxerman (Post 1600248402)
I think some people go to pressure wash go home and spray something like BM on and expect miracles

Pretty sure you just described 98% of the people who buy those no-name social media wonder sprays. :lol:

FYRARMS 10-02-2019 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1600248568)
Been using Beadmaker for several months and love it. Polish Angel High Gloss is also a favorite of mine. I use PA for a full detail and QD occasionally with Beadmaker about once a month. This car was last painted in 1994.

I love your collection so much! :smiliedrool:

capevettes 10-02-2019 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1600249740)
I love your collection so much! :smiliedrool:

Thank You. I have an Elkhart Lake Blue C8 on order. Should be fun to play with a new paint job. I am tempted to tell the dealership to lay off it, although they do have some fairly skilled detailers.

Gixxerman 10-02-2019 01:15 PM

Will be interesting to see how much overspray can be pulled off the new C8... I would guess there still will be some on there lol

capevettes 10-02-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gixxerman (Post 1600250566)
Will be interesting to see how much overspray can be pulled off the new C8... I would guess there still will be some on there lol

Yes, that would not surprise me. Planning on a clay bar regimen when I get it. Now we just have to get that UAW strike over with.

Scuba Ghost 10-04-2019 07:23 AM

I haven't read all 81 posts so maybe my question has been answered, but is Bead Maker safe to use on a PPF like Xpel Ultimate?

capevettes 10-04-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88 (Post 1600260795)
I haven't read all 81 posts so maybe my question has been answered, but is Bead Maker safe to use on a PPF like Xpel Ultimate?

Both my Viper and Z06 have Expel Ultra on them. No problem using the Beadmaker on either of them. It's not abrasive and won't harm the film at all.

Raymond Grand Sport 11-10-2019 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Raymond Grand Sport (Post 1599652665)
I was very very skeptical concerning bead maker. I also am not into quick applications with very inexpensive products. I have taken a detailing class with Mike Phillips, and one day on the Autogeek site I watched him demo it. I find Mike to be a straight shooter, but I still said no. I follow and have spoken to The Obsessed garage guy. I watched him see it in use, then when he used it and published I thought maybe I should try it. When he though enough of it to put it in his store, I bought a bottle. Here are my thoughts.

1) I have 3 cars in my garage, all are driven (not garage queens) and I occasionally track one. none are driven daily and stay inside.
2) My purpose was as a topping to a good system underneath, not as the only coating.
3) Two of the cars have ceramic coatings, On those I use Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz as a topping for maintenance of the system underneath
4) I decided to try in on my 2017 Shelby GT350 as I deironized it, clay bared it, paint corrected it, had expel on the front, mirrors, lower quarters, etc., then applied Griots best of show wax (2 coats) over a year ago. Even though it is not driven daily, this summer the finish does not have the consistency it had but I have almost no clear coat scratches so I though I would try the Bead maker for maintenance instead of recleaning and waxing,
5) I gave the car a good complete wash and the next morning went out and applied Bead Maker. I have seen different videos with different application amount theories. I applied it liberally until the entire surface was coated but it wasn't running off.
6) I used 2 towels, first for removing most of the coating and the second to ensure no streaking and that I had it all. I changed towels 4 times in the process, using 8 towels in all.

It is early, but my opinion is that it is a winner. I am pleasantly surprised.The Expel and the car finishes matched up well. both glosses look the same. As I don't intend to drive these cars in the rain, only when I am stuck out, I will not be able to test the durability very well. It is very slick to the touch as has been noted. I will update this in 4-6 weeks after I have driven and washed the car. I most always get bugs and bird droppings. I will report on how it performs.

I am following up on the above as I am putting the car away for the winter. I was only caught in the rain once, and to be fair, it was overnight and the car was not moving as it was not being driven. The car although was out several times and I see no degradation in the finish, no streaking, no inconsistencies in appearance, etc.. So far I really like this product. I will use it next year on the Corvette and report back on it next.

walker3 05-15-2020 09:40 PM

I have kamikaze ceramic coating on all my vehicles and use bead maker after each weekly wash - keeps it smooth and bugs wash off easy, and when using the blower to dry - it blows off easy

DALE#3 05-23-2020 11:16 AM

Dopler driven.Bead maker only.What the hell does wax do under Bead Maker?
You wasting your time waxing it.Bead Only!

FYRARMS 05-23-2020 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by DALE#3 (Post 1601553423)
What the hell does wax do under Bead Maker?

1) Protects the paint against damage from chemicals, UV rays, and environmental contaminants
2) Provides good hydrophobic properties
3) Helps fill in micro-defects, thus increasing gloss
4) Magnifies metallic paint properties and "deepens" the paint look

You wasting your time waxing it.
Not at all. Not even in the slightest.

Bead Only!
Nope. I use Bead Maker all the time. Probably for longer than most people here on the forum have. However, I only use it as a topper. It is only applied to a more durable base sealant or wax. In fact, I only use it to increase gloss and to be used as a sacrificial layer. It is not a very durable product. P&S did not design it to be a stand-alone means of protection. It can be used as one if you apply it very often, but building up layers of Bead Maker can make the paint start to look hazy.

DALE#3 05-23-2020 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1601554323)
1) Protects the paint against damage from chemicals, UV rays, and environmental contaminants
but building up layers of Bead Maker can make the paint start to look hazy.

SOLD
Thanks,Gloss and Protection are the musts :cool:

FYRARMS 05-23-2020 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by DALE#3 (Post 1601554813)
SOLD
Thanks,Gloss and Protection are the musts :cool:

Trust me on this---pick up a bottle of Collinite "845 Insulator Wax". Tried and true super-durable hybrid wax/sealant that even pro detailers use. In fact, Autopia has a 25% off sale going on today. The Collinite 845 does a great job by itself, but will make your eyeballs pop out of your head when topped with Bead Maker. The two products play VERY well together. You will need sunglasses to look at your paint. :cool:

Sunset-C6 05-23-2020 04:54 PM

Best gloss Bead Maker or Shinee Wax or ?

FYRARMS 05-23-2020 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sunset-C6 (Post 1601555058)

They both increase gloss, but on a well-polished vehicle, you would need an electronic gloss meter to read any actual differences between the gloss readings of the two products.

Raymond Grand Sport 05-23-2020 10:15 PM

Nope. I use Bead Maker all the time. Probably for longer than most people here on the forum have. However, I only use it as a topper. It is only applied to a more durable base sealant or wax. In fact, I only use it to increase gloss and to be used as a sacrificial layer. It is not a very durable product. P&S did not design it to be a stand-alone means of protection. It can be used as one if you apply it very often, but building up layers of Bead Maker can make the paint start to look hazy.

This!!!!! ^^

Loki 6 05-23-2020 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1601554972)
Trust me on this---pick up a bottle of Collinite "845 Insulator Wax". Tried and true super-durable hybrid wax/sealant that even pro detailers use. In fact, Autopia has a 25% off sale going on today. The Collinite 845 does a great job by itself, but will make your eyeballs pop out of your head when topped with Bead Maker. The two products play VERY well together. You will need sunglasses to look at your paint. :cool:

How about 915? Isn't it 845 with more carnauba or something like that?

845 and powerlock plus are one of the well known and used "go to" stacks.

I wonder how BM would work in conjunction with just powerlock plus or on top of PL+ with 845/915?

Loki 6 05-23-2020 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sunset-C6 (Post 1601555058)

I use both products. Shinee is not a slick as Beadmaker, you don't need anything but your hand to tell that...Beadmaker wins that comparison.

Gloss...that one is tougher, they are pretty close, but I'd have to give that one to Shinee. I will say that BM looks more like a wax glow and Shinee looks more of a hybrid of wax glow and ceramic sizzle. I adore both products.

Durability is not a consideration with Beadmaker, and is even less a consideration with Shinee. Depending on your weather, I get a sold month out of BM, and maybe a week plus out of Shinee. YMMV- I'm in sunny, hot and humid SoFla.

Beadmaker smells better than Shinee if anyone cares.

Both are relatively easy to work with, but I've had a few smearing incidents with BM...I think it was SoFla weather related. Shinee always behaves well and never looks bad. In fact I'd say it has it's own "look".

Loki 6 05-23-2020 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by DALE#3 (Post 1601553423)
What the hell does wax do under Bead Maker?
You wasting your time waxing it.

:iagree:

Listen to the man with the gun!

FYRARMS 05-23-2020 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Loki 6 (Post 1601556540)
How about 915? Isn't it 845 with more carnauba or something like that?

Pretty much. Just a paste version of 845, in my opinion. I just never saw a reason to spend $40 on a tin of it. I do layer paste carnauba over my base coat of 845, but I just use Griot's "Best Of Show" paste and Chemical Guys "XXX Carnauba". They are both much cheaper and provide the same look to me.

I wonder how BM would work in conjunction with just powerlock plus or on top of PL+ with 845/915?
That is the most popular stacking trifecta, and the one used by most of the "Obsessed Garage" followers. Power Lock + 845 + Bead Maker. I used to do a similar 845+ Bead Maker stack on top of Finish Kare 1000P sealant, which is more durable than Power Lock. It worked great.

FYRARMS 05-23-2020 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Loki 6 (Post 1601556611)
Listen to the man with the gun!

*pew pew pew*

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b6edd2a00a.gif

BIGMAC 05-24-2020 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Loki 6 (Post 1601556591)
I use both products. Shinee is not a slick as Beadmaker, you don't need anything but your hand to tell that...Beadmaker wins that comparison.

Gloss...that one is tougher, they are pretty close, but I'd have to give that one to Shinee. I will say that BM looks more like a wax glow and Shinee looks more of a hybrid of wax glow and ceramic sizzle. I adore both products.

Durability is not a consideration with Beadmaker, and is even less a consideration with Shinee. Depending on your weather, I get a sold month out of BM, and maybe a week plus out of Shinee. YMMV- I'm in sunny, hot and humid SoFla.

Beadmaker smells better than Shinee if anyone cares.

Both are relatively easy to work with, but I've had a few smearing incidents with BM...I think it was SoFla weather related. Shinee always behaves well and never looks bad. In fact I'd say it has it's own "look".

Loki 6 and FYRARMS are my detailing heroes! I have Shinee Wax on order (I hope- I could not find how to order it other than direct from the company and the ordering process was very sketchy!). I will hold my own face off with my beloved Bead Maker! (Although I am also liking Chemical Guys V07 a lot.)

capevettes 05-24-2020 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BIGMAC (Post 1601557319)
Loki 6 and FYRARMS are my detailing heroes! I have Shinee Wax on order (I hope- I could not find how to order it other than direct from the company and the ordering process was very sketchy!). I will hold my own face off with my beloved Bead Maker! (Although I am also liking Chemical Guys V07 a lot.)

My Shinee Wax just arrived from Calgary Alberta, Canada. I ordered it through Carzilla. $19 for 500ml and $22.00 for shipping. I plan to try it today or tomorrow. Anxious to see how this compares to Polish Angel High Gloss for shine. I will report back.

BIGMAC 05-24-2020 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1601557386)
My Shinee Wax just arrived from Calgary Alberta, Canada. I ordered it through Carzilla. $19 for 500ml and $22.00 for shipping. I plan to try it today or tomorrow. Anxious to see how this compares to Polish Angel High Gloss for shine. I will report back.

I will be interested in the results. I have not tried PA due to the high cost. However, if the cost is justified vs. other products I will get some!