CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Anyone tried bead maker? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4253315-anyone-tried-bead-maker.html)

Thomas Carey 11-01-2020 11:57 AM

Not good for a glass coats.

Originally Posted by MMD (Post 1599618485)
I'm not interested in quick detailers. 5 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration. I prefer products that last rather than are quick to apply. Keep your Bead Maker.

I have a 2019 Z06 it has a glass coat on it from the dealer! I keep the car covered normally but sometimes it gets left out when it rains and the glass coat Repels water and dries off real quick, it looks just as shiny as it was off the show room! It started getting a little dusty and a Little Road film On it! So I had a detailer come out and detail the car for me! I’ll explain that it had a glass coat on it and use products accordingly because I don’t wanna mess up the glass coat! Well after he was done the car look fine but in about three or four days it started showing water spots , dirt collecting and started getting dull looking! I asked him what he used he said he put Bead Maker on it😱! Well I have a question HOW THE HELL DO YOU get this crap off my car????!
Yes it beads water all right but it takes away the self cleaning that the glass coat did leaving the car easier to maintain!

Loki 6 11-01-2020 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas Carey (Post 1602434846)
I have a 2019 Z06 it has a glass coat on it from the dealer! I keep the car covered normally but sometimes it gets left out when it rains and the glass coat Repels water and dries off real quick, it looks just as shiny as it was off the show room! It started getting a little dusty and a Little Road film On it! So I had a detailer come out and detail the car for me! I’ll explain that it had a glass cut on it and use products accordingly because I don’t wanna mess up the glass coat! Well after he was done the car look fine but in about three or four days it started sure water spots dirt collecting and started getting dull looking! I asked him what he used he said he put Bead Maker on it😱 Well I have a question HOW THE HELL DO YOU get this crap off my car????!
Yes it beads water all right but it takes away the self cleaning that the glass coat did leaving the car easier to maintain!

Yep, this is that “step backwards” that people talk about when they talk about putting Beadmaker over a pro installed ceramic coating...the water behavior changes drastically.

Luckily Beadmaker is not known for its longevity. I’ll get maybe a solid 2 weeks to month out of it depending on weather conditions here in SoFla.

I’d take an APC solution to the car, something like CarPro Multi-X or Optimum Power Clean at 5:1 and let it sit for a few mins and blast it all off with a pressure washer. Careful to avoid letting it dry on the panels due to heat or especially direct sunlight

Next I’d load up the foam cannon with Purple Power Vehicle and Boat wash. 6 oz and the rest with water. Foam the car, let it sit for a few mins- don’t let it dry then blast it all off. Then do a contact wash with the same soap in a 5 gallon bucket. Put a cup of the soap in 4-5 gallons of water and perform a contact wash (using proper techniques of course)

I suspect that if that doesn’t remove all or most of it, whatever is left will not last long at all, maybe a week or so. It would have been weakened by the high pH content of the APC and the Purple Power.

let us know how it goes and good luck

JDSKY 11-01-2020 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas Carey (Post 1602434846)
I have a 2019 Z06 it has a glass coat on it from the dealer! I keep the car covered normally but sometimes it gets left out when it rains and the glass coat Repels water and dries off real quick, it looks just as shiny as it was off the show room! It started getting a little dusty and a Little Road film On it! So I had a detailer come out and detail the car for me! I’ll explain that it had a glass coat on it and use products accordingly because I don’t wanna mess up the glass coat! Well after he was done the car look fine but in about three or four days it started showing water spots , dirt collecting and started getting dull looking! I asked him what he used he said he put Bead Maker on it😱! Well I have a question HOW THE HELL DO YOU get this crap off my car????!

First, the detailer you paid should be able to assist if in fact it was caused by the quick detailer. Are you sure that is the ONLY product he applied to the car? If that does not help go back to the dealer and ask who he had apply the glass coat sealant. You can have them inspect to see if they have any ideas what happened. Finally, if the product you are referring to is glass coat by simoniz you can reach out to them and let them know what happened but it really won't help much if you do not know exactly what products were used on the car by your detailer. I would have a hard time believing all the detailer used was bead maker. He had to to at least wash the car first and perhaps that removed or reacted with the sealant already on the car.

Bottom line, many possible variables and the bead maker so far is the only one you were told was applied.

Thomas Carey 11-01-2020 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JDSKY (Post 1602434969)
First, the detailer you paid should be able to assist if in fact it was caused by the quick detailer. Are you sure that is the ONLY product he applied to the car? If that does not help go back to the dealer and ask who he had apply the glass coat sealant. You can have them inspect to see if they have any ideas what happened. Finally, if the product you are referring to is glass coat by simoniz you can reach out to them and let them know what happened but it really won't help much if you do not know exactly what products were used on the car by your detailer. I would have a hard time believing all the detailer used was bead maker. He had to to at least wash the car first and perhaps that removed or reacted with the sealant already on the car.

Bottom line, many possible variables and the bead maker so far is the only one you were told was applied.

Bead maker was applied, water just beads and sits , doesn’t run off like it did before. Causing water spots collecting dirt dust daily!
Also Putting on all those harsh chemicals to remove this product won’t that damage to Simoniz glass coat? And talking to the Simoniz people what can they do about it under warranty? I mean I have a lifetime warranty but then again read the fine print!

JDSKY 11-01-2020 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas Carey (Post 1602435145)
Bead maker was applied, water just beads and sits , doesn’t run off like it did before. Causing water spots collecting dirt dust daily!
Also Putting on all those harsh chemicals to remove this product won’t that damage to Simoniz glass coat? And talking to the Simoniz people what can they do about it under warranty? I mean I have a lifetime warranty but then again read the fine print!

I think @Loki 6 has some very good suggestions. Bead Maker is very temporary and needs to be reapplied in order to maintain its properties. I use it for shine, not really for it's ability to bead water. It does that but I also do not have a permanent coating applied to my clear coat, just wax.

FYRARMS 11-01-2020 02:31 PM

Honestly, this is really no big deal. Bead Maker is not a very durable product. Literally, just wash the car a few times in a coin spray wash booth. The Bead Maker will pretty much be gone, leaving your Glass Coat behind. Problem solved.

Loki 6 11-01-2020 03:13 PM

I just realized after a reading the last bunch of posts that when the OP mentioned glasscoat, he is taking about a specific product from Simoniz and not a “glass coating” aka made from silica/SiO2... meaning there is not a ceramic coating on the car . I thought it was a ceramic coating and he was unsure of the brand...my bad.

So, all the suggestions I have will still work to get Beadmaker off, but since I have no idea what the Simoniz product is made of, I have no clue if the APC treatment will damage it. I suspect the strip wash with Purple Power won’t however.

Sorry for being ill informed or misunderstanding your original post

yamabob 11-01-2020 04:36 PM

Maybe it’s me but until someone else mentioned it- nowhere did Thomas say Simoniz. There are several companies with GlassCoat out there. And Beadmaker would diminish the hydrophobic effect of a freshly applied coating. Now back to my regularly scheduled drink!!!

Err never mind I’m seeing GlossCoat. It’s this damn sun I tell ya

Loki 6 11-01-2020 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by yamabob (Post 1602436225)
Maybe it’s me but until someone else mentioned it- nowhere did Thomas say Simoniz. There are several companies with GlassCoat out there. And Beadmaker would diminish the hydrophobic effect of a freshly applied coating. Now back to my regularly scheduled drink!!!

correct, he didn’t mention Simoniz in his original post but everyone appeared to know immediately and exactly what he was saying, so I felt like odd man out.

it wouldn’t be the first time I was the only one in the dark, and I promise it won’t the the last.

:hide:

enjoy the pulque !!!!

yamabob 11-01-2020 05:16 PM

Sotol

Thomas Carey 11-02-2020 10:09 AM

Simoniz class coat professionally installed by dealer!

Originally Posted by Loki 6 (Post 1602436248)
correct, he didn’t mention Simoniz in his original post but everyone appeared to know immediately and exactly what he was saying, so I felt like odd man out.

it wouldn’t be the first time I was the only one in the dark, and I promise it won’t the the last.

:hide:

enjoy the pulque !!!!

This is a Simoniz glass coat applied by the dealer,
This product is guaranteed for life of the car it is a type of ceramic sealer not a spray on wipe off product from Simoniz! Thank you everybody for your suggestions, I will contact the Simoniz people and I will try to wash this product off without damaging the glass coat or ceramic coat whatever you wanna call it ....... Thanks again! But I don’t want to Void the warranty on the product!