CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Best interior cleaner ?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4253763-best-interior-cleaner.html)

southofHoustonVette 03-20-2019 10:51 AM

Best interior cleaner ??

So new to the corvette ownership world 2008 vette. Wanting to take care of it and do things right so curious on what people are using to clean the inside. I have always heard good and bad on come cleaners and how some will stain and dry out the leather so wanted to see what people are using

vader86 03-20-2019 11:48 AM

303 Aerospace protectant for most things inside.

Griots Garage leather spray for most routine stuff. If the leather has some real hardness or seems to be failing, then Leatherique is the product. If that doesnt work then it cannot be saved.

If I need to really clean carpet I'll use the same stuff I use for home carpet. A wet vac like you'd rent to clean home carpeting, and you can buy those specific for cars at Autogeek, but I've never had to go that far to clean auto carpeting. Usually some resolve or other carpet cleaner and a dry vacuum gets it up.

southofHoustonVette 03-21-2019 08:18 AM

Thanks

AZGASSER 03-23-2019 08:30 PM

My C7Z leather is top coated so not much more than a damp towel for wiping it down. I do leather conditioner Zaino, but have used several all with good results. Not sure if conditioner is needed with top coated leathers. Also, there is not as much leather as you think in the Vettes. Lots of quality vinyl that looks like leather. I agree with the 303. I use it on all my foam seals. Was in the dry AZ climate for years and when the seals dry out everything leaks. I do mine monthly just to keep them pliable. If you keep up with wiping things down and not letting stains dry on the carpet etc, you will be OK with most products.

southofHoustonVette 03-24-2019 05:26 PM

Armorall is what I use to always use but it drys out all the interior from what I have seen. Any suggestions

FYRARMS 03-24-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond (Post 1599101516)
Any suggestions

You just received 2 suggestions for 303 Aerospace Protectant. I will give you a 3rd suggestion for the same.

In your original post, you were asking about a cleaner, though. So, are you looking for a cleaner or a protectant?

southofHoustonVette 03-24-2019 07:45 PM

I am saying I want to keep my car clean and nice. What do people use

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599101794)
You just received 2 suggestions for 303 Aerospace Protectant. I will give you a 3rd suggestion for the same.

In your original post, you were asking about a cleaner, though. So, are you looking for a cleaner or a protectant?

southofHoustonVette 03-24-2019 07:47 PM

I get it and th am you for the suggestions like I just bought my car and want to keep it clean and nice

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond (Post 1599102341)

SXGT 03-24-2019 10:08 PM

I have read that what keeps leather soft and supple dried out your dash, and what protects your dash will dry out your leather. Something to do with Ester in the cleaners.

I recently cleaned my dash with white vinegar and then a steam cleaner to "reset" the material. Everyone here loves 303 brand products. I've used Bena Vista leather cleaner and Tuff Stuff leather on my last car with good results over 4 years but not my vette, I bought something called optimum and its too early to tell, but the stuff does do a good job of rejuvenating the black in my dash and door panels. Some people like the gloss look and some do not. I personally like the 90s gloss look.

Dave1 03-25-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond (Post 1599102341)

A simple mix of water to Woolite works excellent....( 10-1 or 6-1 depending on how strong you need)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9feV-XIgj8rILa

psp6158 03-31-2019 04:30 PM

Aero 303

squabbin 04-01-2019 12:03 AM

I use a standard Mcguars leather cleaner then this to condition and protect.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Leather Balm – Clean, Condition & Protect Your Leather – G18905, 5.64 oz

SilverScorp 04-03-2019 10:18 PM

Aerospace 303. I use I in my cabin and it leaves a nice shine on the seats etc. Do not use it in suede/alcantra.

Tim2013 04-09-2019 09:46 PM

I use 303 on the interior and Griots for the outside. I am a big fan of Griots and will have to see what they have for the interior but 303 products are great. Tim

southofHoustonVette 04-10-2019 02:12 AM

I used the Lucas spray interior in my wife’s suv and applied it with a sponge That thing shines and looks amazing.

C5Longhorn 04-10-2019 08:03 AM

I use diluted ONR for interior cleaning and Mckee's 37 interior Protectant for plastic and vinyl.

LS WON 04-10-2019 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by AZGASSER (Post 1599097608)
My C7Z leather is top coated so not much more than a damp towel for wiping it down. I do leather conditioner Zaino, but have used several all with good results. Not sure if conditioner is needed with top coated leathers. Also, there is not as much leather as you think in the Vettes. Lots of quality vinyl that looks like leather. I agree with the 303. I use it on all my foam seals. Was in the dry AZ climate for years and when the seals dry out everything leaks. I do mine monthly just to keep them pliable. If you keep up with wiping things down and not letting stains dry on the carpet etc, you will be OK with most products.

Which Zaino Z-9 cleaner or Z-10 protectant or do you use both:lurk:?

FYRARMS 04-10-2019 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by C5Longhorn (Post 1599198977)
I use diluted ONR for interior cleaning

There isn't a car enthusiast's garage out there that should NOT have at least a small bottle of ONR on a shelf. :yesnod: It has to be one of the most versatile detailing products on the market. I love it, and also love the ONR w/wax.

C5Longhorn 04-11-2019 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599200166)
There isn't a car enthusiast's garage out there that should NOT have at least a small bottle of ONR on a shelf. :yesnod: It has to be one of the most versatile detailing products on the market. I love it, and also love the ONR w/wax.

I agree, it's not the slickest or glossiest, but is a great versatile product I will always have around.

FYRARMS 04-11-2019 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by C5Longhorn (Post 1599204992)
I agree, it's not the slickest or glossiest, but is a great versatile product I will always have around.

Definitely not the slickest or glossiest, so I did upgrade. The ONR w/wax adds carnauba and is much slicker. That is what I use for waterless washes on my Z06. When I want something with NO wax, I have some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless mixed up. Honestly, I think the Wolfgang Uber is a better product. You should definitely give it a try! It actually is more concentrated than the ONR, too. A 16oz bottle will make like 8 gallons of wash solution. LOL