CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-for-sale-wanted-58/)
-   -   WTB: Want To Buy 1967 L79 A/C Coupe (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-for-sale-wanted/4257299-want-to-buy-1967-l79-a-c-coupe.html)

CADbrian 03-29-2019 03:01 PM

Want To Buy 1967 L79 A/C Coupe

Want To Buy 1967 L79 A/C Coupe:

L79 small block (please no big blocks). Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

Highly optioned. The more options, the more interested I am. By "highly optioned" I mean highly optioned as when the car was built (as it left the factory); not "highly optioned" in the sense that a lot of options were added to the car after its birthday. Air conditioning, power steering, and power brakes are the minimum options. Other additional options are desired of course.

Highly original. Can be restored (preferred), a show car, driver, or unrestored/survivor but must be finished (can't be a project car). The more "modifications" and/or non original parts - the less interested I am. Trim tag changes and/or VIN tag changes are absolute deal breakers, as well as color changes to the paint and/or interior. Regardless of the category of car you have (restored, show car, driver, or unrestored/survivor) the car, above all else, must be correct.

HP or KH engine stamp suffix codes are preferred over all others:
HP: 327L79 350 1x4BC, Hi-Lift Cam, A/C, P/S & 4-Speed
KH: 327L79 350 1x4BC, Hi-Lift Cam, K19 (A.I.R.), A/C, P/S & 4-Speed

Numbers matching (original, born with) drive train to include engine, transmission, and rear end, and would prefer that the other components (like the carb, radiator, etc.,) also be the original/born with components (or that you at least have them available). CE or replacement blocks are absolute deal breakers.

Exhaust: this is where I get particular... If the car was born with under car exhaust then that's what I want. If the car was born with side pipes then that's what I want. If the car was born with under car exhaust and was later changed to side pipes I am much less interested in that car. If the car was born with side pipes exhaust and was later changed to under car exhaust I am much less interested in that car. For instance, if you have an AO Smith body car it should not have side pipes. Did I mention that I am searching for a car that is highly original?

Solid and rust free frame and birdcage is an absolute requirement.

Documentation. Not only am I interested in buying a car, but I am interested in buying its documentation and I understand the price difference between 2 identical cars - one car with documentation and one car without documentation. To me the car and its provenance are inseparable. Examples of desired documentation are car shipper report, tank sticker (even if it's still on the tank), window sticker, original purchase documents, previous titles, protecto plate, original owners manual(s), pamphlets, maintenance records, etc.

Does not have to be NCRS Top Flight or Bloomington Gold, but it can be.

I like silver pearl and any of the blues (i.e. marina blue, elkhart blue, lynndale blue) more than any other colors, but will consider most colors.

I am not a flipper. I am simply looking for a classic C2 Corvette to enjoy with my family, friends, car shows, and car clubs. I am willing to pay a fair price. How much? Depends on the authenticity, originality, and condition of the car.

As you know, I can't run down to the local Chevy dealership and special order the car I want so I have to select from an ever shrinking pool. And subsequently, I have to consider the whole car - including options, condition, color - even if the color is not my favorite. The chances are very low that I'll find my perfect match wish list car, so I am simply looking for a good car that best matches my wish list. Chances are, your car won't match my wish list perfectly. It's okay. If you have a car that matches a lot of my wish list items then I invite you to a dialogue. Let's talk, find out how close we are, and then we can go from there. :thumbs:

Thanks.

PS: before a purchase is finalized, the documentation as well as the car's authenticity, originality, and condition will be verified during an inspection (I'll pay for it) by one or more widely recognized and qualified experts.

CADbrian 04-06-2019 10:57 PM

weekend bump

Tonio 04-12-2019 05:52 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...de120de8f.jpeg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f33d5a38b.jpeg

This is my Goodwood green ‘67 L79 air coupe. Original car. Matching numbers and trim tag, full rear exiting exhaust, very very nice tan leather interior, very nice paint, never restored, very solid chassis, very nice brightwork, manual steering, manual brakes, factory AC (works). Not a trailer queen, just a beautiful “survivor” car with a repaint (probably 10 years old or so). Have original tank sticker. It’s not your favorite color, I get it, but if you have serious interest, text or call me at (917) 952-1680. I can take more photos this weekend. It runs, drives and stops beautifully. $79,500.

CADbrian 04-14-2019 02:28 PM

Just sent you a PM. Thanks.
Brian

CADbrian 04-19-2019 01:42 PM

weekend bump

67's 04-19-2019 09:49 PM

Did you see Mike F car that is listed here twice in the last 2 days?

Easy Rhino 04-20-2019 09:09 AM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...w-sticker.html

This thread is right next to yours about Mike Furman selling one of the best known and best sorted out most original '67 L79 AC cars known. It is so well known and remarked on that there's no way it can be falsified. It's not cheap, but it's killer. I have no connection to Mike but I've known of the car forever. Funny thing is, it probably gets a (slight) value bump for being his well-known car, as he may have sold more Corvettes than anybody.

I would love to buy it but I can't afford the divorce it would require.

Mike Furman@Criswell 04-20-2019 08:29 PM

I just posted my 67 AC Car. Loaded with options, paperwork and completed.

Originally Posted by CADbrian (Post 1599132449)
Want To Buy 1967 L79 A/C Coupe:

L79 small block (please no big blocks). Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

Highly optioned. The more options, the more interested I am.

Highly original preferred. Can be restored, a show car, or survivor but must be finished (not a project car). The more "modifications" and/or non original parts - the less interested I am.

Numbers matching (original, born with) drive train to include engine, transmission, and rear end, and would prefer that the other components (like the carb, radiator, etc.,) also be the original/born with components (or that you at least have them available).

Exhaust: this is where I get particular... If the car was born with under car exhaust then that's what I want. If the car was born with side pipes then that's what I want. If the car was born with under car exhaust and was later changed to side pipes I am much less interested in that car. If the car was born with side pipes exhaust and was later changed to under car exhaust I am much less interested in that car. Did I mention that I am searching for a car that is highly original?

Solid frame and birdcage.

Documentation is nice like previous titles, license plates, protecto plates, original owners manual(s), pamphlets, records, etc.

Does not have to be top flight or Bloomington gold.

My color preferences: Best: silver pearl and any blue (marina, elkhart, lynndale). Will Consider: red, white, black. Least Interested: green, yellow, maroon.

I am not a flipper. I am simply looking for a classic C2 Corvette to enjoy with my family, friends, car shows, and car clubs. Willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks.

mine sold

deejaydu 04-21-2019 12:22 AM

From his previous post he is only looking for a 350 hp factory A/C car. He has been looking for a very long time and has been offered a number of 300 hp cars and it has been a no go. We all know 350 hp factory A/C cars are much harder to come by and much more sought after. Just stating a fact.

CADbrian 04-21-2019 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by deejaydu (Post 1599264439)
From his previous post he is only looking for a 350 hp factory A/C car. He has been looking for a very long time and has been offered a number of 300 hp cars and it has been a no go. We all know 350 hp factory A/C cars are much harder to come by and much more sought after. Just stating a fact.

Perfectly stated deejaydu. Thanks. :cheers:

CADbrian 04-24-2019 02:44 PM

Probably should have done this in the original post (for those not in the know): L79 = 327 cubic inch 350 HP motor. The standard motor was the 327 cubic inch 300 HP motor. I am looking for a coupe equipped with the L79 option 327 cubic inch / 350 HP motor.

Thanks.

Brian

CADbrian 04-27-2019 09:20 PM

ttt

CADbrian 05-02-2019 11:55 AM

Will consider all candidates, even those with awards like Bloomington Gold, Bloomington Benchmark, Duntov, Bowtie, NCRS Top Flight, Survivor, NCRS Second Flight, etc.

Thanks.

2003pilot 05-02-2019 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by CADbrian (Post 1599330694)
Will consider all candidates, even those with awards like Bloomington Gold, Bloomington Benchmark, Duntov, Bowtie, NCRS Top Flight, Survivor, NCRS Second Flight, etc.

Thanks.

This car is north of me in VA. Don't know anything about car or dealer.

https://www.facorvette.com/details/u...vette/48090826

CADbrian 05-03-2019 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2003pilot (Post 1599333284)
This car is north of me in VA. Don't know anything about car or dealer.

https://www.facorvette.com/details/u...vette/48090826

2003pilot, thanks for going out of your way to tell me about this car. I appreciate it a lot because I hadn't yet seen this one. :)

:cheers:

2003pilot 05-03-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by CADbrian (Post 1599337475)
2003pilot, thanks for going out of your way to tell me about this car. I appreciate it a lot because I hadn't yet seen this one. :)

:cheers:

No problem but it is a CE block but still thought I would share link regardless.

CADbrian 05-03-2019 04:03 PM

And I appreciate you sharing the link. Thanks.

CADbrian 05-10-2019 06:06 PM

weekend bump

Tonio 05-10-2019 07:11 PM

I emailed you a ton of photos of my ‘67 L79 factory air coupe. Did you receive them?

CADbrian 05-10-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tonio (Post 1599380557)
I emailed you a ton of photos of my ‘67 L79 factory air coupe. Did you receive them?

I sure did. Very nice car, and it will make someone proud but just not what I'm searching for. Thanks. :)