CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Dumb FI Newbie Question (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4257415-dumb-fi-newbie-question.html)

Chevyrelic 03-29-2019 08:22 PM

Dumb FI Newbie Question

I’ll apologize in advance for asking this question, but I did not find an answer using the search function. Okay, about how long does it take to install an ECS or AA base kit supercharger on a 2005...IF the crank is already pinned? I know from reading the numerous posts about the installs, everyone says pinning the crank is the hardest part. In short, since my HB is now pinned...I should be capable of doing the install myself (I have installed front clips, installed engines, trannys, etc.,)...but have never started dreaming about a supercharger until I got the Corvette. Thanks for the insight folks...👍

russ472 03-29-2019 09:44 PM

i installed my ECS kit in a weekend (including pinning the crank). People say pinning the crank is the hard part, but i didn't think it was that bad.

installing the hard parts seemed to be a breeze. the time consuming parts were the shrouds for the intercooler, trimming underside of the bumper cover, wiring the boost a pump.

make sure you buy or borrow a pulley alignment checker and double check the alignment before putting things together

irok 03-30-2019 08:44 AM

Mine was in the shop for 4 days for the install that included dual A-Pillar gauges,boost a pump,dyno and street tuning. I had previously pinned the crank myself.

jchappies 03-30-2019 08:45 AM

I think if your doing it by yourself it will be a long saturday project, if you have help i would say less than 8hrs. Your going to spend more time figuring out the little stuff. Are you tuning it yourself?

Chevyrelic 03-30-2019 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jchappies (Post 1599136019)
I think if your doing it by yourself it will be a long saturday project, if you have help i would say less than 8hrs. Your going to spend more time figuring out the little stuff. Are you tuning it yourself?

No, I’ll have to find someone to do the tuning part. After reading through several posts regarding tuners in Florida...it seems to be a hit or miss, but at least there seems to be some good options (within a few hours drive). I’m just starting my research on this and will probably do tons of reading on the subject before making the final decision. I would like to say the supercharger options posts remind me of the Glock vs everyone else posts I used to read...I.e., some love ECS, others would only deal with A&A, and some will only install pd blowers. It’s all good though as I love to research things...👍. And at the hp I’m looking for, I can get there with any of them (~ 500-525 rwhp). Again, thanks to all who’ve contributed to previous SC posts...I have/will enjoy reading them.

meadowz06 03-30-2019 12:01 PM

Shop, 10-12 hours. At home, couple of days.

jchappies 03-30-2019 01:28 PM

A&A charges about 1700 to install their unit, at 100 per shop hour that's 17 hours. The shop that did mine was 1800 but that included other parts needed like anti-freeze and different plugs etc...
Since your already pinned you can knock off a couple of hours, having help might save you even more time depending how much help you get.