CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Just purchased GM extended warranty for a crazy good price at MacMulkin (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4259850-just-purchased-gm-extended-warranty-for-a-crazy-good-price-at-macmulkin.html)

Mr. Wonderful 04-05-2019 11:53 AM

Just purchased GM extended warranty for a crazy good price at MacMulkin

I have been shopping around for an extended warranty, and got a quote from a dealer that sells a lot of them on the forum.
I then called Todd Sutherland at MacMulkin Chevrolet and his prices sounded too good to be true.
I was looking for either a 6 or 7 year extension, and below are the quotes I received.
I went with the 84/56k with $100 ded as I don't drive my Vette a lot.
Just wanted to share my experience with fellow members. I believe these prices are if your car is still under factory warranty.
Please don't ask me for details, instead please contact Todd directly.

Chevrolet Protection Plan (Platinum)72 months 48,000 miles = $790 with $100 deductible $950 with $0 deductible 84/56000 $1190 $100 deductible $1490 $0 deductible Term is from date of Protection Plan purchase,Mileage is on top of current mileage.
Here is his contact info in case anyone wants to get a quote:

Todd Sutherland MacMulkin Chevrolet Nashua, NH 03060 978-660-8045 cell

Vetteman Jack 04-05-2019 01:06 PM

Those are some pretty good prices. Thanks for the info.

Dennis Fichtner 04-05-2019 01:51 PM

Those are great prices but my dealer will not let me lose money selling these warranties, there is a 2.75 or 3.00 percent charge for running a credit card which I don't charge the customer yet it comes off my profit line for each sale plus no sales tax charged. Another thing I sure don't see any posts from him helping out all the customers on the forum like I do. Well enough, it is hard enough making a living without this bull and I know the first thing will be in you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen!!! I refuse to sell plans for $25 over cost or even a $100 over, it just doesn't pencil out!! I don't mind competition but again I have been helping the forum members for well over 20 years so I think that is worth a little bit. If this was my dealership I could sell them for that little but my hands are tied so I hope everyone will still give me a chance!!

BK Vette 04-05-2019 02:05 PM

are there any exclusions for this warranty? what isn't covered? that seems like a really good price

Dennis Fichtner 04-05-2019 02:08 PM

Lets see if this Todd from McMulkin answers the question, bet he doesn't. If you want me to tell you email me at dfichtner@dennymenholt.com and I will be happy to.

mschuyler 04-05-2019 02:35 PM

Thanks for quoting some real prices, OP. It's good to know there are some alternatives around. Are you getting this at the end of your bumper to bumper, or at the end of your powertrain warranty?

GARYFINN 04-05-2019 02:43 PM

Always go with Dennis !!!

Goaty 04-05-2019 04:10 PM

I also purchased an extended from Todd and he was great to deal with even after I changed my mind and asked him re-do the order. Price was awesome as well.

This is my second great experience with Macmulkin, first was my C6 purchase which went incredibly well. Great place with great people!

ScottKolek 04-05-2019 04:44 PM

If one buys an extended warranty, will it still cover "tracking" the car, as the original warranty of course does?

KenHorse 04-05-2019 06:56 PM

I thought the extended warranty mileage ran concurrently with the factory B-to-B mileage?

Scoobydoobydoo 04-06-2019 12:04 PM

It does, so if you buy an 84 month extended warranty you're really only getting 48 months.

KenHorse 04-06-2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo (Post 1599178845)
It does, so if you buy an 84 month extended warranty you're really only getting 48 months.

As I understand the GMPP one (or whatever it's now called), yes

Mr. Wonderful 04-06-2019 01:34 PM

So your extended warranty does not overlap and have you paying for the same thing twice, most people buy their extended warranties close
to the end of the factory 3/36, so no real overlap. That's what I did.
It makes little sense to buy one when you already have the factory warranty in place.
Do yourself a favor and shop around for your best deal. Todd was very helpful with every step of the process.
In response to him answering questions posted here... he told me he's quite busy selling cars, and the best way to get your questions answered
is to give him a call. I don't see him on here putting down another dealer selling warranties, so his character speaks for itself.
In the end, it's your money, and your choice. All I know is I saved a small fortune buying from Todd.

Flame Red 04-06-2019 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful (Post 1599179239)
So your extended warranty does not overlap and have you paying for the same thing twice, most people buy their extended warranties close
to the end of the factory 3/36, so no real overlap.

:iagree: - I did not know this and only found out when my buddy bought his on the final week of the factory B2B warranty while I had years left on mine. We paid the same exact price for the same coverage and now he gets more time combined than I do. So don't buy it until the b2b is almost up!!!

KenHorse 04-06-2019 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flame Red (Post 1599179435)
So don't buy it until the b2b is almost up!!!

With the GM plan, I've found it is best to buy just before 24K miles. Best bang for the buck as they say

steve8 04-07-2019 09:38 AM

The $0 is the way to go.

kitesurfer 04-07-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1599173873)
Those are great prices but my dealer will not let me lose money selling these warranties, there is a 2.75 or 3.00 percent charge for running a credit card which I don't charge the customer yet it comes off my profit line for each sale plus no sales tax charged. Another thing I sure don't see any posts from him helping out all the customers on the forum like I do. Well enough, it is hard enough making a living without this bull and I know the first thing will be in you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen!!! I refuse to sell plans for $25 over cost or even a $100 over, it just doesn't pencil out!! I don't mind competition but again I have been helping the forum members for well over 20 years so I think that is worth a little bit. If this was my dealership I could sell them for that little but my hands are tied so I hope everyone will still give me a chance!!

I will for sure. My warranty expires in Aug and I already have 25k miles on my 16...

Bradysdad 04-07-2019 10:09 AM

Subscribed. I have used Dennis in the past for a couple of GMPP warranties and will give him another chance. Thanks for years of great service!

KenHorse 04-07-2019 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1599173873)
Those are great prices but my dealer will not let me lose money selling these warranties, there is a 2.75 or 3.00 percent charge for running a credit card which I don't charge the customer yet it comes off my profit line for each sale plus no sales tax charged.

Wow, if you're paying that much on your merchant account, you need to find a new processor!

Maxie2U 04-07-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1599175697)
I thought the extended warranty mileage ran concurrently with the factory B-to-B mileage?

it depends on when you buy it. As long as you buy it before the B2B expires it’s still relatively cheap plus you get the benefit of ~3 extra years of coverage. Never understood why people buy an extended warranty on day one when they purchased the car it flush three years of coverage down the drain.

Many owners say, “because it’s cheaper”. To pay for three years with no benefit is not cheaper, it pens out to be more expensive.