CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   ACS Composite purchase and discount code? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4260524-acs-composite-purchase-and-discount-code.html)

ZR-1DUDE 04-07-2019 01:10 PM

ACS Composite purchase and discount code?

I have my ZR1 on order.

I am planning on ordering their XL mudflap front and rear and brake scoops in Hydro carbon fiber.

I am also thinking their red jacking pucks. I have some pads from my C5 now but I like the idea of having them on their all the time.

Comments?

Any others I should consider?

Do we have any discount codes?

Have a TPW date of 5/6 so I have some time.

Thanks,
D.

GenX 06-11-2019 01:48 PM

I'd use caution ordering these from ACS... I ordered mine on April 11th and still have yet to receive them... I've called them a few times and they continue to be on back order. They try to get me to take the flash versions but that's not what I ordered nor wanted. They sure had zero problems accepting the payment. Yet, here I am 3 months later with nothing to show for the money spent.

ZR-1DUDE 06-11-2019 02:27 PM

I am still waiting on mine also... they tell me I should have them soon.

D.

deshapiro 06-11-2019 03:50 PM

Mine came 4 days after ordering

ZR-1DUDE 06-11-2019 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by deshapiro (Post 1599564615)
Mine came 4 days after ordering

Did you get the hyrdocarbon?

D.

fmavett 06-11-2019 08:08 PM

Wow, last time they told me lead time 4 weeks for hydrocarbon back in March when I placed my orders, lucky I canceled 2 weeks later and went different route.

deshapiro 06-11-2019 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE (Post 1599564719)
Did you get the hyrdocarbon?

D.

Yes.

ZR-1DUDE 06-11-2019 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by deshapiro (Post 1599567351)
Yes.

Cool deal.

Cant wait to get mine.

D.

IZR1 06-12-2019 01:25 PM

Ordered XL mudflap and other items on May 6th and still nothing . Yes tried to switch me to carbon black also.
I have contacted them a couple times still waiting .

orclubduck 06-12-2019 05:16 PM

For what it's worth...I ordered the Hydro Carbon Fiber Start Up Kit on May 16th...received the email offer to swap to Carbon Flash Metallic on May 17. No contact since then and no shipping confirmation from ACS as the email stated...so I guess we are all waiting...except for for deshapiro who obviously cut in front of us in line...how rude!!!

Jeff

IZR1 06-12-2019 05:18 PM

But they let me know they will be at Bloomington Gold . I told them I hoped to have it before then.

orclubduck 06-12-2019 05:43 PM

I feel you IZR1...There is a show June 30th here is Portland "Taste of Motorsports Gourmet Festival" where my Ceramic Matrix Gray ZTK ZedR1 will be in my Detail Shops Booth next to a GT2RS and a GT3RS. It would be nice to have everything buttoned up...but I'm not sweating over it. Car looks great after the Paint Correction, STEK full body wrap and a Modesta Nano-coating.

Jeff

ZR-1DUDE 06-12-2019 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by IZR1 (Post 1599571574)
But they let me know they will be at Bloomington Gold . I told them I hoped to have it before then.

I hope they ship us our product instead of selling it at Bloomington.

D.

deshapiro 06-12-2019 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by orclubduck (Post 1599571559)
For what it's worth...I ordered the Hydro Carbon Fiber Start Up Kit on May 16th...received the email offer to swap to Carbon Flash Metallic on May 17. No contact since then and no shipping confirmation from ACS as the email stated...so I guess we are all waiting...except for for deshapiro who obviously cut in front of us in line...how rude!!!

Jeff

I don't even have my car yet. This is the TPW. I expect to pick it up from Les Stanford in a couple of weeks.

David

orclubduck 06-12-2019 07:55 PM

Congrats!!

Hope you can be at the dealership when they unload your ZR1 from the truck at Les Stanford (if you are in the area)...I have the shipping cover that protected my ZR1 as it was riding the rails across the US. One perk of being there for the PDI.

Make sure they check all of your Carbon Fiber, one of my rockers and the Big @$$ Wing were damaged in my ZTK kit...that is if you went with a ZTK.

Can't wait to see some pictures of your ZR1.

Jeff

Oh yeah...and make sure you sign up for your Spring Mountain ZR1 owners school...it was a great experience for me...got to thrash around the track in GM's ZR1 instead of mine, with some other high IQ enthusiasts (they had to be since they also bought one!!). My only complaint is they had to ask me to leave after day 2...I would have preferred a week minimum.

deshapiro 06-12-2019 08:04 PM

I live in the Chicago area. Flying in and driving it home. Opted for a convertible, so ZTK made no sense.

David

ACS Composite 06-13-2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by GenX (Post 1599563853)
I'd use caution ordering these from ACS... I ordered mine on April 11th and still have yet to receive them... I've called them a few times and they continue to be on back order. They try to get me to take the flash versions but that's not what I ordered nor wanted. They sure had zero problems accepting the payment. Yet, here I am 3 months later with nothing to show for the money spent.

Hi Gen, by any means, whenever placing an order of a product that is back order, we are an open book. We share what we know at that moment.

Hydro Carbon is not something we do in house, we do source it out to an OEM Coater, this implies shipping product, production runs and returns.. all this to say there are several variable. We do offer the CFZ version, and some have gone to local dippers, I understand that. We want our parts on your car as much as you do, so I understand the frustration.

At any instant you wish to cancel the order, a full refund is issued.

ACS Composite 06-13-2019 12:27 PM

I would never do that, orders are processed in the order they come in. I would never sell a product to a customer or a show knowing there is a back order in the system.

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE (Post 1599571773)
I hope they ship us our product instead of selling it at Bloomington.

D.

ACS Composite 06-13-2019 12:32 PM

Just to be fair, Shapiro ordered the flaps only, and not a startup kit. Hence why the flaps were shipped. First complete ship-able order in the queued list.

The startup kit includes the brake scoop cover which has been back order. We have offered customers with the startup kit to switch to a flap only kit in HCB to get it shipped earlier...

FYI, just received a confirmation, the brake scoop covers are on their way and we will begin filling Start Up Kits in HCB orders this Monday. Yes, Finally!

Originally Posted by orclubduck (Post 1599571559)

Jeff

orclubduck 06-13-2019 12:49 PM

Thanks for the info...looking forward to receiving my order.

It was a poor attempt at humor...no worries.

I am pleased that you offer the HCB parts...sounds like they are very popular with the ZR1 crowd...hope you sell quite a few more batches before you retool to your C8 product...I am sure you have already been provided the blueprints from GM!!

Jeff