CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Help Forum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum-31/)
-   -   WHY are FOUR "clicks" needed to open EVERY Thread? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum/4263370-why-are-four-clicks-needed-to-open-every-thread.html)

Cruzmeisters 04-15-2019 12:07 AM

WHY are FOUR "clicks" needed to open EVERY Thread?

When it became a necessary procedure to open a thread earlier this year: QUICK REPLY 1/4
PAGINATION 2/4
FORUM JUMP 3/4
FORUM HEADER 4/4
It was a "PITA" (Pain In The Azz) but it needed to be done ONCE; after the first time, all further threads "clicked" open with no problem.
NOW...for EACH and EVERY thread one chooses to view, the SAME FOUR CLICKS ARE REQUIRED! WHY??????
cruzmeisters AKA pc NERD

J T 04-15-2019 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cruzmeisters (Post 1599228369)
When it became a necessary procedure to open a thread earlier this year: QUICK REPLY 1/4
PAGINATION 2/4
FORUM JUMP 3/4
FORUM HEADER 4/4
It was a "PITA" (Pain In The Azz) but it needed to be done ONCE; after the first time, all further threads "clicked" open with no problem.
NOW...for EACH and EVERY thread one chooses to view, the SAME FOUR CLICKS ARE REQUIRED! WHY??????
cruzmeisters AKA pc NERD

"Threads" shown on the index page are simply a hyperlink and as such require one click. If that doesn't work for you, it's a browser issue or perhaps a device issue.

However, I'm guessing the above is not the concern due to "QUICK REPLY 1/4
PAGINATION 2/4
FORUM JUMP 3/4
FORUM HEADER 4/4" you typed, which I'm not following what your issue is and what you're trying to describe or even do.

Cruzmeisters 04-15-2019 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by J T (Post 1599228515)
"Threads" shown on the index page are simply a hyperlink and as such require one click. If that doesn't work for you, it's a browser issue or perhaps a device issue.

However, I'm guessing the above is not the concern due to "QUICK REPLY 1/4
PAGINATION 2/4
FORUM JUMP 3/4
FORUM HEADER 4/4" you typed, which I'm not following what your issue is and what you're trying to describe or even do.

In order to VIEW your reply, I clicked MY thread & the screen appeared that required me to click the FOUR "boxes" to enter/read the reply. ANY thread posted requires this
when this began earlier this year, just one "set" of clicks was required; then ANY thread after that I wanted to view opened without the "4 click requirement". After almost 29 h=years here - and being 20 years OLDER - it's a BIT frustrating!

J T 04-15-2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cruzmeisters (Post 1599229071)
In order to VIEW your reply, I clicked MY thread & the screen appeared that required me to click the FOUR "boxes" to enter/read the reply. ANY thread posted requires this
when this began earlier this year, just one "set" of clicks was required; then ANY thread after that I wanted to view opened without the "4 click requirement". After almost 29 h=years here - and being 20 years OLDER - it's a BIT frustrating!

What you described is not a CorvetteForum issue. Using any of the big 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE), no such actions are required.

Please post a screen capture showing these "boxes" that need clicked. Also, please state the browser you're using and what 3rd party add-ons are installed with the browser.

Or, you might try a different browser. Whatever you have going on is not the normal.

Cruzmeisters 04-16-2019 12:12 AM

When I clicked this thread to open, I got the usual pop-up. Instead of clicking "Next" after opening, I saw a very small line that said "exit guide". I clicked & this thread opened! Oh well - one click is better than FOUR! Going into the FORUMS, I chose a thread, clicked it & the SAME thing happened! Moving on, I clicked ROUTE 66 thread...and it OPENED without ANY pop-up! And it continued with every other thread I clicked...Problem SOLVED! Thanks, J T - for your efforts! Tired....G'nite, CRUZ

J T 04-16-2019 03:12 AM

OK. What you're talking about is the What's New Pop-up that is used as a quick guide to use the forums for those who log in.

The only time you would see that is when you log in with no browser cookies and no history.

Because you stated you keep seeing the pop-up, you must be clearing your browser's cookies when the browser is closed (option within the browser), you're manually clearing the cookies, you have a 3rd party program that deletes the cookies or you have a corrupt cookie in the browser. In the latter case, nearly every website uses their own, multiple, cookies that is sent and saved to the browser. At times one or more can become corrupt. The only solution to that is to delete the cookie and revisit the website so that it's restored.