CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/drag-racing-90/)
-   -   Weekend from Hell...... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/drag-racing/4267674-weekend-from-hell.html)

Fuzzy Dice 04-27-2019 12:37 PM

Weekend from Hell......

I guess if you race long enough this stuff happens...I hope y'all find some humor in this because all I could do is laugh...

Big Mike and i took off for the Bigfoot 40 event on Thursday morning...after 7 hours of towing I realized I was not as well as I thought...before leaving I felt like I was close to being over a 3 week nasty cold...about 80 miles from the track I had to stop and get sick...no bueno...I pushed anyway and we made it to Darlington...we unloaded the cars and Mike went to test n tune...I did not feel well enough...on his first pass he threw his water pump belt and his motor got to 250*...yipers!...he put a spare belt on and made two more passes...then we headed to the hotel to get a good nights rest...I was hoping that would be all I needed...wrong again, buffalo breath!...

Friday morning and off we went to the track for a $10K race...Mike threw the belt again on his first time shot and put his on the trailer hoping he did not hurt the motor...I made my time shot and went 6.716 with a 41 tree...not bad since I had not left off the foot since last October and felt lousy...anyway, first round comes up and who do I catch?...Nasty Nick Hastings, a boy faced killer....lol...I put 6.72 on my car and he dials 6.02...I leave green with a 29 tree and he buries me with his 6 tree...not to worry since I spun and chunked out of the hole and ran 3.5 numbers high...sigh...not meant to be I guess...I knew the only thing to do was get out of Dodge, so on the trailer I went...

We left the track and got a late check out from the hotel....then we towed as far as I could make it which was Brunswick, Ga.....after a nights rest we finished the tow home this morning...now for the goofy stuff that happened....

I get up Friday morning to dress for the track...oops!...I left my long pants home...off to Walmart at 7:30AM to buy some pants...we also got Mike another spare belt for his car just in case at Autozone...now I decide it is time to go home so I go to the tower for a pro rated return since I paid for the whole weekend...she gives me the money and I get back to my car and realize she forgot to give me the hundreds...back in I go and she pays me...but wait, there's more...

We load up my car and get ready to leave...in my other pocket I find the hundreds that she actually did give me...did I tell y'all i was in a fog?...back to the tower to apologize and give her the money back feeling like a dunce...so off we go to the hotel to check out...we get a cart and go up to the room...my key will not work and Mike's is in his car so back downstairs we go to the front desk...it turns out that Mike had his key redone the night before so that made mine no good....why, you ask?...because he went to the lobby for something and when he came back his key would not work...why, you ask?...because he tried to get into room 215 but we were staying in room 315...sigh...finally we get checked out and hit the road...

The icing on this cake came this morning...after getting a room I got up this morning and realized I had left my shaving kit at the other hotel...bye bye Dobb kit...the best part may be that we had Krystal burgers (think White castle) last night for dinner and I sent them packing at 10 AM on the trip home today...
Holy Guacamole' what a weekend!!...I am off for a nap....

p.s. Mike just called before I posted this...he went to unhook his trailer and the electric tongue jack froze and will not work...he used a floor jack and got it done but what in the world else can happen?...sheesh....

Jerseyvinny 04-28-2019 09:12 PM

Maybe you just got a whole year of bad luck over with in one shot. It has to get better. Sometimes we need to experience a bad one (insert experience here) so when a good one comes along we can really appreciate it.

Turbo Bob 04-30-2019 07:28 AM

Tough weekend for you guys. But as they say “Shit Happens.” Hang In there Dan. Better days are coming. Good Luck the rest of the season and safe travels.

Fuzzy Dice 04-30-2019 07:57 AM

Thanks guys...as they say. "this too shall pass"....he he...

farmington 05-01-2019 06:15 PM

Hey, if you can keep your sense of humor through all of this, you’re golden for the rest of the year.

mackeyred96 05-06-2019 10:50 PM

Dan, I'm just glade to see your still racing?

Fuzzy Dice 05-06-2019 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by mackeyred96 (Post 1599355662)
Dan, I'm just glade to see your still racing?

Yup...still hanging in there John, thanks...seems like forever since we tried to figure out the roll out at carolina for that national corvette challenge....lol...I went from a mid 13's vette to a 10.30 g-body...I may be quicker now but I am still having just as much fun as back then...I never saw myself towing and driving a car like this but life is funny that way...hope all is well with you, my friend...