CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Mirror shine or torque detail ?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4268662-mirror-shine-or-torque-detail.html)

southofHoustonVette 04-30-2019 05:01 AM

Mirror shine or torque detail ??

Have been reading a bit on this product and curious if anyone has had any dealing with it ??

FYRARMS 04-30-2019 12:00 PM

Much like the gazillion other Facebook-born one-hit-wonder spray detailer/sealant companies (F11 Topcoat, Produxa, Dual Polymer, etc., etc.), these are simply synthetic spray sealants. They are heavily marketed to the car enthusiast who does not normally do his/her own paint correction and protection, or those people who just aren't very educated about current detailing products. They bait people by using the same claims:

"Never wax your car again!"
"Cleans, shines, and protects in one step!"
"No heavy buffing!"
"Lasts a long time!"
"Can use on paint, plastic, and glass!"
"Just spray on and wipe off!"

Sounds great, right? Now, they charge you $40 per 16oz bottle when it is "on sale". :lol: Let me help you out and keep you from spending wayyyyyy too much money. These products are nothing more than polymer spray sealants, or what some people call "synthetic spray wax". To give you some perspective, Meguiar's sells a similar product called "Synthetic X-Press" spray from their professional line. It is product #D156. It is very popular with professional detailers. Literally, it does the exact same thing as the Facebook wonder sprays. You can use it as a waterless wash. You can use it to clean and protect plastic, vinyl, and glass. You can use it as a top coat for your wax or sealant application. Or, if used regularly, you can use it as the only means of protection on your paint and "never wax again". And, you just spray it on and wipe it off. The big difference, though? Cost. An entire gallon of Meg's D156 is under $40. I think I bought mine on sale at Autogeek for just over $30.

Do the Facebook wonder sauce sprays work? Well, sure. They "work". All spray sealants do. They just aren't anything special. If they were, pro detailers would be using them---which, they aren't.

Take your $40 for the 16oz and buy yourself a whole gallon of proven spray product:

Meguiar's D156 X-Press
P&S Bead Maker
Nanoskin Nano Shock
Duragloss Aqua Wax
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (not available in gallons, but just $16 for 25oz)

Obviously, you are welcome to spend your money how you like. Just always a good idea to do research before buying. I wasted a lot of money on detailing products that didn't perform well. Ultimately, I listened to the advice of professional detailers and simply use what they use, as it just makes sense.

yamabob 04-30-2019 12:48 PM

For shits and giggles throw in DG's Aquawax & FK 425

southofHoustonVette 04-30-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599317983)
Much like the gazillion other Facebook-born one-hit-wonder spray detailer/sealant companies (F11 Topcoat, Produxa, Dual Polymer, etc., etc.), these are simply synthetic spray sealants. They are heavily marketed to the car enthusiast who does not normally do his/her own paint correction and protection, or those people who just aren't very educated about current detailing products. They bait people by using the same claims:

"Never wax your car again!"
"Cleans, shines, and protects in one step!"
"No heavy buffing!"
"Lasts a long time!"
"Can use on paint, plastic, and glass!"
"Just spray on and wipe off!"

Sounds great, right? Now, they charge you $40 per 16oz bottle when it is "on sale". :lol: Let me help you out and keep you from spending wayyyyyy too much money. These products are nothing more than polymer spray sealants, or what some people call "synthetic spray wax". To give you some perspective, Meguiar's sells a similar product called "Synthetic X-Press" spray from their professional line. It is product #D156. It is very popular with professional detailers. Literally, it does the exact same thing as the Facebook wonder sprays. You can use it as a waterless wash. You can use it to clean and protect plastic, vinyl, and glass. You can use it as a top coat for your wax or sealant application. Or, if used regularly, you can use it as the only means of protection on your paint and "never wax again". And, you just spray it on and wipe it off. The big difference, though? Cost. An entire gallon of Meg's D156 is under $40. I think I bought mine on sale at Autogeek for just over $30.

Do the Facebook wonder sauce sprays work? Well, sure. They "work". All spray sealants do. They just aren't anything special. If they were, pro detailers would be using them---which, they aren't.

Take your $40 for the 16oz and buy yourself a whole gallon of proven spray product:

Meguiar's D156 X-Press
P&S Bead Maker
Nanoskin Nano Shock
Duragloss Aqua Wax
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (not available in gallons, but just $16 for 25oz)

Obviously, you are welcome to spend your money how you like. Just always a good idea to do research before buying. I wasted a lot of money on detailing products that didn't perform well. Ultimately, I listened to the advice of professional detailers and simply use what they use, as it just makes sense.

Thank you sir

FYRARMS 04-30-2019 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Hammond (Post 1599318383)
Thank you sir

Just trying to help my Corvette brethren. I learned from my mistakes. We have a few very experienced professional detailers here on the site. Their advice will both save you money and provide you with great products and techniques.