CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Throttle Controller Popularity Poll (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4269848-throttle-controller-popularity-poll.html)

Guyzer7 05-03-2019 12:33 AM

Throttle Controller Popularity Poll

What is the most popular throttle controller/enhancement device, that you have bought or plan to buy?

A. Vitesse ($179.00)
B. Pedal Commander ($299.99)
C. CoW Booster (199.00)

FortMorganAl 05-03-2019 08:51 AM

You missed an option - None of the above.

Since all these things do is change the position of the gas pedal being reported to the ECM computer, you can duplicate their effect by actually moving the pedal to the position they would report. In other words, move your foot faster or slower, farther or less, and you accomplish everything these things do.

Cockroach 05-03-2019 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by fortmorganal (Post 1599335699)
you missed an option - none of the above.

Since all these things do is change the position of the gas pedal being reported to the ecm computer, you can duplicate their effect by actually moving the pedal to the position they would report. In other words, move your foot faster or slower, farther or less, and you accomplish everything these things do.

this ^

ssg10587 05-03-2019 08:55 AM

None, ended up getting a tune. Was worth it and wakes the throttle and engine up a bit.

BadAV 05-03-2019 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl (Post 1599335699)

Since all these things do is change the position of the gas pedal being reported to the ECM computer, you can duplicate their effect by actually moving the pedal to the position they would report. In other words, move your foot faster or slower, farther or less, and you accomplish everything these things do.

And here we go again with those who think they can press the pedal down further and duplicate a throttle controller. Guess they are entitled to their typically uninformed opinion. I was one who thought the same way, until I decided to try the Vitesse. I figured I could sell it without a lot of loss if I didn't like it. It's still on my car and is one of the best mods I did to increase my driving enjoyment. That and the tweaks I made to the tune with HP Tuners made the car much more responsive.

airmed2 05-03-2019 10:56 AM

How many hours behind the wheel do you have with a functioning throttle controller to establish this fact?

cmonkey713 05-03-2019 11:09 AM

So how does this thing work? Is it a plug and play if it is where does it plug in?

smd001 05-03-2019 12:26 PM

I have a tune and kept the Vitesse too. I keep it at 5 which softens the throttle response makes it more comfortable for me daily driving in traffic. Use 9 when at the track or playing.

Function Racer 05-03-2019 12:37 PM

Don't buy the Vitnesse. The knob broke on mine and their customer service is crap. Absolutely disappointing. Will not respond to emails, and say they won't ship a replacement until they have a "spare" on hand.

I'd go with the COW if anything. I have my car tuned now so not needed, but when it was stock, there was certainly an enjoyable difference in TR until the unit broke...

Again, don't but the Vitnesse.

Guyzer7 05-03-2019 01:24 PM

So far Vitesse is way ahead of the other two.

wayback 05-03-2019 01:42 PM

I don't have a dog in this hunt, had Lg Motorsports due my tune.

But I do remember reading post about problems caused by the V. controller.
Might want to due a search.

LilNutSac 05-03-2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by BadAV (Post 1599335917)
And here we go again with those who think they can press the pedal down further and duplicate a throttle controller. Guess they are entitled to their typically uninformed opinion. I was one who thought the same way, until I decided to try the Vitesse. I figured I could sell it without a lot of loss if I didn't like it. It's still on my car and is one of the best mods I did to increase my driving enjoyment. That and the tweaks I made to the tune with HP Tuners made the car much more responsive.

And here we go again with those who were fooled by the pamphlet talk from these companies. Probably the same ones that spent $7K on paint protection and have 22 corvette shirts but never drive theirs. My car already has a throttle controller.. me!

An actual tune is the real answer here.

MAN! I'm in the wrong business. People shelling out the Benjamins on this nonsense. Probably $6 worth of components and $5K on R&D to develop it. Making a KILLING

Oic0 05-03-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by LilNutSac (Post 1599337962)
And here we go again with those who were fooled by the pamphlet talk from these companies. Probably the same ones that spent $7K on paint protection and have 22 corvette shirts but never drive theirs. My car already has a throttle controller.. me!

MAN! I'm in the wrong business. People shelling out the Benjamins on this nonsense. Probably $6 worth of components and $5K on R&D to develop it. Making a KILLING

I will say that a more linear throttle WOULD be nice... but I agree, unless you lack all coordination... your foot learns.

Spaceme1117 05-03-2019 03:39 PM

Absolutely true. The throttle controllers just re-map the throttle curve and you can accomplish the same thing by training your foot. I had a BMW 335i that had a comfort and sport mode. Sport mode just made the throttle applied increase by about 30% for the same pedal position. Some people like the re-mapped throttle curves and the option to change back and forth so there is some value in the controllers.

BadAV 05-03-2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by LilNutSac (Post 1599337962)

Evidently another clueless one who thinks they know better. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my informed opinion. I completely understand what they do, and you cannot do the same thing with your foot. You positively cannot move your foot as fast as electronics move.

Patsgarage 05-03-2019 04:53 PM

All anyone that questions the effectiveness of these devices (or a tune) has to do is look at a graph of the stock pedal position vs throttle position. While you can still get WOT by pushing the pedal down further, nothing you can do with the stock setup will make the relationship linear.

Patsgarage 05-03-2019 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Function Racer (Post 1599337295)
Don't buy the Vitnesse. The knob broke on mine and their customer service is crap. Absolutely disappointing. Will not respond to emails, and say they won't ship a replacement until they have a "spare" on hand.

I'd go with the COW if anything. I have my car tuned now so not needed, but when it was stock, there was certainly an enjoyable difference in TR until the unit broke...

Now I had the exact opposite experience. I had an issue with the first unit I received, I called them up and had a new one in hand two days later.
Every company will have its supporters and detractors, just look at how polarizing Chuck Cow is on here.

Zero_6 05-03-2019 05:06 PM

VTC eliminates throttle lag and increase pedal position. The response is instant if set to max. Finding a place to put the wire and black box is the real question.

vetteJPJ 05-03-2019 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Function Racer (Post 1599337295)

:iagree:

farmington 05-03-2019 08:42 PM

My previous play car was a modded 99 Z28. It had a cable operated TB. Before I got my Corvette I read all about the throttle lag and the controllers. To be honest with you I have no problem with the throttle response on my car. I bought a used Vitesse and it’s sitting on the shelf in my garage. Trying to decide if I even want to install it.