CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Top Coat F11 hassle (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4270986-top-coat-f11-hassle.html)

eagleye 05-06-2019 11:16 AM

Top Coat F11 hassle

Last week I was interested in purchasing Top Coat F11 products fro my 2019 GS. I went on their web page and was required to give information including my email before I could find out how much the shipping was going to be. Well a $54.00 purchase was going to cost me $73 and change with the tax and shipping. I removed my selection from the cart and left the page figuring I could always come back if I decided to purchase it at a later time. Within a few hours, I was getting emails telling me I had not completed my purchase. I went back on the web page and double checked the cart and there was nothing in it. I continued getting emails so I went back on the page and requested my email be removed from their list. I did get an email apologizing and letting me know my email was removed. That was on May 1st. This morning (May 6th) I received an email from Top Coat letting me know what an amazing shine I can have if I use F11. In addition, I am getting videos popping up in the lower right hand corner of my screen when I open my web browser. I have cleared the cache multiple times and these people just don't give up! I don't care how good the product is, I do not need to be emailed to death!

Maxpowers 05-06-2019 12:13 PM

Unfortunately this is pretty common practice now. It's built into the third party platform they use for checkout. Its annoying. I no longer provide any personal info unless I'm clear on the final cost.

DTOM 05-06-2019 12:53 PM

Add them to your spam/blacklist.

If you're looking for durable, long lasting, easy to apply product - give Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss a look.

roy817 05-06-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by eagleye (Post 1599351664)
Last week I was interested in purchasing Top Coat F11 products fro my 2019 GS. I went on their web page and was required to give information including my email before I could find out how much the shipping was going to be. Well a $54.00 purchase was going to cost me $73 and change with the tax and shipping. I removed my selection from the cart and left the page figuring I could always come back if I decided to purchase it at a later time. Within a few hours, I was getting emails telling me I had not completed my purchase. I went back on the web page and double checked the cart and there was nothing in it. I continued getting emails so I went back on the page and requested my email be removed from their list. I did get an email apologizing and letting me know my email was removed. That was on May 1st. This morning (May 6th) I received an email from Top Coat letting me know what an amazing shine I can have if I use F11. In addition, I am getting videos popping up in the lower right hand corner of my screen when I open my web browser. I have cleared the cache multiple times and these people just don't give up! I don't care how good the product is, I do not need to be emailed to death!

Did you delete the cookies?

Avanti 05-06-2019 01:53 PM

Welcome to the 21st Century. Sorry. :yesnod:

eagleye 05-06-2019 02:28 PM

I did delete the cookies. I get the video on my work PC and my laptop at home.

FYRARMS 05-06-2019 09:01 PM

At least you didn't waste your $73 on a little bottle of overpriced synthetic spray sealant. :nono:

Autopia Car Care (which is Autogeek) has a 15% off sale right now. Before the discount, you can get an entire GALLON of proven and loved Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray sealant. P&S Bead Maker is another extremely popular spray sealant, and an entire GALLON is $32.99 before the discount. Heck, you could buy BOTH gallons for the price of the little F11 order! LOL

Grzldvt1 05-07-2019 04:21 AM

F11 is total junk, they use sensationalism to make you think it is awesome. Get Polish Angel High Gloss

yamabob 05-07-2019 08:13 AM

^^ Bingo! We have a winner!!

FYRARMS 05-07-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 (Post 1599356274)

I reeeeally want to try this, and have heard many good things about it, but I have such a hard time justifying the cost. $70 for less than 8oz is painful. I know it makes an awesome topper for ceramic coatings (and I could justify the cost), but do you think there is any benefit to using it on top of synthetic sealants? I appreciate your input!

bigcypress 05-07-2019 02:21 PM

another vote for ''adams h2o guard and gloss'' .. . peace.....ps . followed by kenotek detailer

yamabob 05-07-2019 04:48 PM

Fyr-yes. It's the TiO2 that gives it that pop.I have someone who like just sealant applied( Cherokee with Blackfire Wet Diamond). Topped it for them with the PA HG and she really pops. A little goes a long ways. Treat yourself. PM an address And I'll send ya a sample of another product that sadly is no longer available. Pure gloss enhancer. can go over or under a sealant or wax

FYRARMS 05-07-2019 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by yamabob (Post 1599360195)
Fyr-yes. It's the TiO2 that gives it that pop.I have someone who like just sealant applied( Cherokee with Blackfire Wet Diamond). Topped it for them with the PA HG and she really pops. A little goes a long ways. Treat yourself.

I appreciate the input! I may grab some as a gift to myself. LOL

PM an address And I'll send ya a sample of another product that sadly is no longer available. Pure gloss enhancer. can go over or under a sealant or wax
PM inbound! And thank you!

Grzldvt1 05-08-2019 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599358398)
I reeeeally want to try this, and have heard many good things about it, but I have such a hard time justifying the cost. $70 for less than 8oz is painful. I know it makes an awesome topper for ceramic coatings (and I could justify the cost), but do you think there is any benefit to using it on top of synthetic sealants? I appreciate your input!

It is pricey, but you use very little product, and it really provides an incredible shine and as you add more you get the benefits of a ceramic coating. If you have ever used Zaino's Clear Seal, You can do an entire car in about 6 squirts. Any more than that and you are overloading. So you get a lot of coats out of that bottle.
In my shop I would use it whenever we did a ceramic and for steady customers that came in for a wash, we used it. Over time several were complaining the car stayed clean and they did not have to come in as much:D