CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-parts-for-sale-wanted-162/)
-   -   FS: Magnuson 2300 LT4 Z06 Kit (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-parts-for-sale-wanted/4271326-magnuson-2300-lt4-z06-kit.html)

Murika 05-07-2019 06:07 AM

Magnuson 2300 LT4 Z06 Kit

sold

TopSpeedNeed 05-07-2019 08:35 AM

interested, but curious as to why you took it off after all the work you did getting all the kinks worked out, unless you didn't get all the kinks worked out

Murika 05-07-2019 09:03 AM

Fair question. I luckily didn't have any kinks in the build process (or anything notable for the work done). - Other than a failed mishimoto thermostat....

I moved to FL just over a year ago form washington state. I always played and tracked my cars. Since I did the work on my car, I've mostly taken up fishing and boating as my main time sink. The car has took the back seat and sits parked in my garage. (I tend to drive my '65 on nice cooler days anyways, my Raptor is my daily driver and I travel for work pretty much every week)

I took apart the car to sell the parts and trade it in on a used '17 ZL1. The net trade difference was -$8,000. Selling the parts and the couple hundred a month cheaper payment on the car allows me to buy a 24" Pathfinder (picking it up this weekend!).

Cajun from Edgy vette has seen the car and seen it run with all mods on a dyno. Its an easy straight forward build that didn't have any downsides.

Any questions, feel free to PM me for the cell and we can talk (goes for anyone).

TopSpeedNeed 05-07-2019 09:22 AM

So, I don't plan on doing Meth or E85, is my stock fuel system going to be adequate ? I plan on getting it tuned, but the main reason would be for additional cooling and a couple more ponies rear wheel.

Murika 05-07-2019 09:25 AM

You would want to stick with the 80MM pulley. You may be able to get away with the extra boost (roughly 3-4 LBS more from the 70MM) but that would be pushing it. (I wouldn't do this)

You wouldn't have a problem avoiding both and sticking with the pulley it originally came with.

Murika 05-09-2019 06:55 AM

High bid sitting at $3,750 - bump

DrunkMonkey 05-09-2019 08:48 AM

Wish this was a few more months down the road I’d take the 2300 and the cpr you’re selling. Good luck will sell awesome setup

StingBeeZ06 05-09-2019 04:20 PM

No offense to the OP, but the way the Eaton rotors seal is by wearing away a few microns of the coating material (when new) as they rotate against each other. An Eaton rebuilder might be able to repair the coating.

Murika 05-09-2019 04:40 PM

Plenty of companies out there that make coatings that work with meth also. I lost zero pressure and zero horsepower. I have pictures showing the coating was like 2 weeks after install and dyno sheets showing the same horsepower as the day it was new, 6 months later.

I would never take it apart to coat it, but that is me and this is far from my first go around on modded blower cars. To each his own. Plenty of secret engineers out there.

rjacobs 05-09-2019 05:07 PM

damn, if my wife hadnt gotten hit with 6k in dental work today, I would be all over this... My mod budget for a while is gone.

spinkick 05-09-2019 08:11 PM

What is the coating on there, anyway? Are you sure the meth did that? That may be just normal wear. This is a great deal. I paid a lot more for the Lt1 kit

TopSpeedNeed 05-10-2019 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Murika (Post 1599357074)
You would want to stick with the 80MM pulley. You may be able to get away with the extra boost (roughly 3-4 LBS more from the 70MM) but that would be pushing it. (I wouldn't do this)

You wouldn't have a problem avoiding both and sticking with the pulley it originally came with.

So which pulley is on it as we speak? Do the pulleys have to be pressed on or off? How long does it take to swap superchargers ? Any new gaskets I would have to get ?

Murika 05-10-2019 12:02 PM

The pulley is only held on by bolts. So a swap can be done in a minute. There are no gaskets to swap and the original took me 8 hours, but I also did the expansion tank, catch can and expansion tank at the same time. Uninstall and reinstall of the stock blower took me 3 hours.

Very easy, with amazing instructions and pictures.

Cajun @ Edgyvette 05-10-2019 01:46 PM

Just a couple of points. I know this man and his character and integrity is second to none.

The supercharger was removed to trade car in.

The SC is in excellent, used condition and made great power. In fact in maxed out HP/TQ on the existing fuel system and has more in it with proper fueling. I believe it put down high 700s WHP and mid 800 WTQ and made HUGE TQ down low

PS- If someone doesnt jump on this pretty quick we may drive down and get this for Yve's Z

spinkick 05-10-2019 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette (Post 1599378619)
Just a couple of points. I know this man and his character and integrity is second to none.

The supercharger was removed to trade car in.

The SC is in excellent, used condition and made great power. In fact in maxed out HP/TQ on the existing fuel system and has more in it with proper fueling. I believe it put down high 700s WHP and mid 800 WTQ and made HUGE TQ down low

PS- If someone doesnt jump on this pretty quick we may drive down and get this for Yve's Z

You should man, I Just got home with mine on my Lt1 and the power is so much fun. I know you arent a stranger to a ton of power, but on the street with the super low end torque, its a blast.

Cajun @ Edgyvette 05-10-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by spinkick (Post 1599380788)
You should man, I Just got home with mine on my Lt1 and the power is so much fun. I know you arent a stranger to a ton of power, but on the street with the super low end torque, its a blast.

:willy: I thought it was sold last week when Yve' and I was over there. I am hoping she doesn't see this thread

Murika 05-15-2019 07:05 PM

Bump

Freaked Ls3 05-16-2019 03:38 AM

Just wanted to give a free bump to Nick, I purchased his headers and everything was described exactly how he said and packaging was awesome. Thanks again man.