CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Alky Control Issue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/4273018-alky-control-issue.html)

donnyt 05-11-2019 12:55 PM

Alky Control Issue

For the last month or so I've noticed what my meth light hasn't been turning green after ~3500ish rpm like it usually does as the boost picks up. I've been careful on this and I'll let out right away when I don't feel/see the meth kick in.
I hit the test button last night after driving it while it was idling and the meth light lit up red, but never green and the engine didn't stumble at idle. However this morning on a cold start as soon as I started the car I tested it and it flipped to green within a second and the engine stumbled.

I then went out driving it shortly after and the meth kicked in once when I rolled into 2nd gear, but on the way back home it was the same issue where the light would only light up red and no meth. Once I got home I hit the test button again at idle and same symptoms of the light not going green and no stumbling.

I just replaced the pump with a new one back in August so I'm curious if it's just another pump going out?

Patriot Six 05-11-2019 01:12 PM

I have the same exact issues. Once I pull the remote controller, PAC and everything else out from under the dash it will work. Seems to be a problem with the remote controller wire or CAT 5 connector. Not good not knowing when meth is going to work or not. I keep the test button accessible at all times for that reason.

BIGMAC 05-12-2019 07:36 AM

Give Julio Don a call at Alky Control and he will help you out. He really took the time to help me.

Unreal 05-12-2019 08:53 AM

I've never had it turn green with test button, so the fact that it was turning green with the test button is strange IMO.

I would pop the intake pipe off and watch it spray to verify. Also check the nozzle for clogging and clean it.

73DBG 05-12-2019 11:48 AM

single or duel nozzle? If it’s duel on the test it will only go red. Now the engine not stumbling is a problem never had that happen on a test.

From the install manual 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1d75808e6.jpeg

donnyt 05-12-2019 12:15 PM

It's a single nozzle. I just pulled the line off the intake tube to test it and it sprayed a ton when I hit the test button the first 2-3 times and then after that it wouldn't spray anymore.

I then turned the car off...waited a min and then turned it back on and tested again and it did the same thing working fine the first 2-3 tests and then nothing.

It seems like there's something going on with the system where after it's armed/sprays 1-2 times it shuts off until the next complete restart of the car

73DBG 05-12-2019 12:18 PM

I’m actually local in Tampa at the moment gonna stop by their shop and pick up a second pump. I like the idea of always having a fresh pump on hand. I have noticed on my the green light for full spray is coming on later which tells me it’s time to change the pump out. I have most the controls under the dead pedal but I keep the control box out and I threw Velcro on so it sits where I can reach the test button.

73DBG 05-12-2019 12:22 PM

That’s interesting....calling the man himself prob the best idea, I’m gonna pick his brain when I go there try and get as much information on some of the early signs and what to check. You spraying 100%?

donnyt 05-12-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 73DBG (Post 1599388389)
That’s interesting....calling the man himself prob the best idea, I’m gonna pick his brain when I go there try and get as much information on some of the early signs and what to check. You spraying 100%?

Yup 100% meth

Patriot Six 05-12-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by donnyt (Post 1599388352)
It's a single nozzle. I just pulled the line off the intake tube to test it and it sprayed a ton when I hit the test button the first 2-3 times and then after that it wouldn't spray anymore.

I then turned the car off...waited a min and then turned it back on and tested again and it did the same thing working fine the first 2-3 tests and then nothing.

It seems like there's something going on with the system where after it's armed/sprays 1-2 times it shuts off until the next complete restart of the car

I had this same issue while tuning on the dyno two weeks ago. I’m awaiting an email response from Julio to see if it could be the remote controller or other wires or connections under the dash. I’ll keep you posted.

donnyt 05-12-2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Six (Post 1599388506)
I had this same issue while tuning on the dyno two weeks ago. I’m awaiting an email response from Julio to see if it could be the remote controller or other wires or connections under the dash. I’ll keep you posted.

Sounds good! Thank you!

MRSUPRA 05-13-2019 04:49 PM

I'm having a similar problem. My Green light stopped coming on. I talked to Julio and he advised me to change the pump since I didn't know how long it was on the car. I replaced the pump and the green light started coming on again, but later in the revs. Now it doesn't want to come on at all anymore. I do get the engine stumble when I hold the test button down for a few seconds, so I know it's somewhat working.. Let us know what you find.. I've been meaning to call Julio too.

73DBG 05-13-2019 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA (Post 1599395803)
I'm having a similar problem. My Green light stopped coming on. I talked to Julio and he advised me to change the pump since I didn't know how long it was on the car. I replaced the pump and the green light started coming on again, but later in the revs. Now it doesn't want to come on at all anymore. I do get the engine stumble when I hold the test button down for a few seconds, so I know it's somewhat working.. Let us know what you find.. I've been meaning to call Julio too.

Hopefully I’ll get to stop by his place tomorrow if not it’ll be Wednesday and I’m gonna pick his brain and get as much info as possible while I’m there....until he kicks me out lol I’ll damn sure pass on everything I get, I’ve pretty much got a lot of the same questions you guys have anyway.

donnyt 05-14-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 73DBG (Post 1599396001)
Hopefully I’ll get to stop by his place tomorrow if not it’ll be Wednesday and I’m gonna pick his brain and get as much info as possible while I’m there....until he kicks me out lol I’ll damn sure pass on everything I get, I’ve pretty much got a lot of the same questions you guys have anyway.

Appreciate it!!

73DBG 05-14-2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by donnyt (Post 1599403176)
Appreciate it!!

Didn’t make it today unfortunately hopefully tomorrow if work permits

73DBG 05-15-2019 02:16 PM

Made it by Alkycontrol today! It was cool to see the shop and I’m glad Julio let me stop by, it’s really not a store front or anything so much appreciated letting me pick up a new pump sir!

They were pretty busy to say the least but he did show me the quick change out of just the bottom section, said I could do that in 10-15 min easy so that might be my course of action for this weekend....got a date in Mexico 🇲🇽 with this dude apparently...
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...241faf3813.png
he also gave me some pointers on purging the lines after the swap, testing it afterwards and the do’s and don’ts I didn’t get as much as I wanted but we both ended up having limited time unfortunately

Patriot Six 05-15-2019 02:19 PM

What bottom section are you talking about? Just the bottom half of the pump?

MRSUPRA 05-15-2019 03:52 PM

73DBG, did you ask Julio what else could be causing the green light to not come on besides the pump?

73DBG 05-15-2019 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Six (Post 1599406982)
What bottom section are you talking about? Just the bottom half of the pump?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...62c635896.jpeg
Straight from Julio actual....three screws and the two nozzles and two electrical quick connects come off swap the new section button it up/purge the air from the lines and your gtg. The motor itself will “last forever” that section is what goes bad and gets rebuilt.

73DBG 05-15-2019 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA (Post 1599407562)
73DBG, did you ask Julio what else could be causing the green light to not come on besides the pump?

Yes...kinda....it was brief and maybe I didn’t clarify myself properly but.........he said the green light won’t always come on during test even on the single nozzle apparently, he told me how to temporarily turn my duel into a single if I wanted to test that as well, I didn’t have near the time I wanted being we both had to make it brief. So I’d probably just call him in your situation since I didn’t get long to dive deeper into all this. Sorry man