CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest-44/)
-   -   C2 Upholstery Shops in OKC, Tulsa, Wichita or Dallas Area (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/4273230-c2-upholstery-shops-in-okc-tulsa-wichita-or-dallas-area.html)

rayvaflav 05-12-2019 12:03 AM

C2 Upholstery Shops in OKC, Tulsa, Wichita or Dallas Area

My '66 Coupe seats. I have been so excited about replacing the upholstery and the foam. I have all of the parts and the tools. The frames have been restored. I attempted to do one of the seat covers today … and I am already fed up with it. I thought that I knew, I have the video, I have the tools but no, no way. Any recommendations to have this done the correct way, and when I say the correct way I mean not having it done by me. I am willing to drop off and pick up, I just want this stuff to be right.

Thanks in advance, Ray

Kansasz06 05-12-2019 12:09 AM

There is a place in Columbus Kansas Ozz custom Upholstery. His customers come from all over the US. I have used Him for years. He does a lot of high end custom cars. He is not cheap but he is good.

rayvaflav 05-12-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kansasz06 (Post 1599386625)
There is a place in Columbus Kansas Ozz custom Upholstery. His customers come from all over the US. I have used Him for years. He does a lot of high end custom cars. He is not cheap but he is good.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am also going to call the folks at Heartland Restoration in Purcell, OK. tomorrow.

Ray

cmonkey713 05-13-2019 08:01 PM

Upholstery Unlimited on 89th and Sunnylane in OKC does great work but may be backed up this time of year like most shops.

rayvaflav 05-18-2019 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1599396989)
Upholstery Unlimited on 89th and Sunnylane in OKC does great work but may be backed up this time of year like most shops.

Good call, my friend. I spoke with them yesterday and the person who answered the phone told me "Glad you called, we're having some trouble with your seat covers fitting properly, it might be a few more days." … "Oh, hold on. This is weird, we're doing a set of '66 Sting Ray seat covers right now !" They can do it, a bit expensive but if they do it right I am happy to pay. They are also, like you assumed, more than a month out from taking any new jobs in. That's okay by me too.

Ray

cmonkey713 05-21-2019 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by rayvaflav (Post 1599423096)
Good call, my friend. I spoke with them yesterday and the person who answered the phone told me "Glad you called, we're having some trouble with your seat covers fitting properly, it might be a few more days." … "Oh, hold on. This is weird, we're doing a set of '66 Sting Ray seat covers right now !" They can do it, a bit expensive but if they do it right I am happy to pay. They are also, like you assumed, more than a month out from taking any new jobs in. That's okay by me too.

Ray

Todd is a great guy, you will like what they do. They did a set of leather skins on my C-6 a couple of months ago.

rayvaflav 05-28-2019 10:34 AM

I found a local guy (in Norman, OK) who does work out of his own independent shop. He has done more of these than he can remember. Thanks for the recommendations.

Ray (maybe I will make it to the Corvette Round-Up in Hafer Park, in 2020 ...)

jrose7004 05-29-2019 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by rayvaflav (Post 1599478886)
I found a local guy (in Norman, OK) who does work out of his own independent shop. He has done more of these than he can remember. Thanks for the recommendations.

Ray (maybe I will make it to the Corvette Round-Up in Hafer Park, in 2020 ...)

We hope to see you there!