CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Transactions Feedback (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback-153/)
-   -   Zip Corvette Customer Service...? HAHAHAHA, nope (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/4273355-zip-corvette-customer-service-hahahaha-nope.html)

James Myers 05-12-2019 02:03 PM

Zip Corvette Customer Service...? HAHAHAHA, nope

So, I've bought a few things from Zip Corvette to help in my restoration project of my C3, and thought everything was good... Got a new differential, some small things, etc. The orders were shipping, notices good, they met their back-order deadlines. All was good, UNTIL I had an issue... I had purchased both front and rear y-pipes for a new exhaust from zip, and the hangers... But they don't fit. I sent 2 emails to their website, left 2 voicemails, and am now going on 11 days since Mr. J Abbot responded to my request for a phone call with an email saying he was too busy, and basically ignoring the details I had already provided. At that point, as I now could, I sent him the series of pictures below. As you can see, the front y-pipe is REALLY off. I connected it to the passenger side of the car, and it would not align with either the drivers side, nor the cat. The rear pipe was also off, but not as bad... Bottom line is that I had to spend more $ on re-bending these pipes than the cost of the front y-pipe. NO OPTIONS, as these folks at Zip would not respond.

I've asked Zip to contact me so we could discuss. I sent them the photos. Nothing.

So... I posted a product review to their website on this product... This was 9 days ago. If you go to Zip, you'll see that there are still no reviews posted against the Front or rear y-pipes for a 1980 C3. They're FILTERING THE REVIEWS, not allowing bad reviews, and COMPLETELY IGNORING ME... I have given them ample opportunity to contact me. This is very poor form.

So far, the quick 5 second email below is the ONLY response I have had to my inquiries.
I responded to Mr. Abbot on 5/2 with the attached photos... NOTHING... I know he is active here, so I'm trying again...

I did not want to take this into the phase of public shaming, but seems I have no choice at this point. Filtered reviews, no responses... Sigh.

Hey Justin... Please call me... You've got my number in your email box!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin Abbott: Wed, 05/01/19 5:32 pm

I can’t call right now, but what is it that does not fit?

Justin Abbott

Zip Products, Inc.
Vice President
8067 Fast Lane
Mechanicsville VA, 23111
1.800.962.9632 ext 256
Zip-corvette.com
~~~~~~~~~~~
-James Myers
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...11be7a67b9.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f748245ce1.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...cb40a157ec.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2b39c2d4cd.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d82b0d4970.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bb725b3818.jpg

Zip Corvettes 05-13-2019 02:01 PM

James,
James I explained to you I was on the dyno. I am not in my shop and emailing from my personal cell phone. I explained that in the email this morning. I responded to your email yesterday on Sunday which was Mother’s Day. I’m not calling you then again from my personal cell. Now this morning after several emails, one of which you threatened to have your credit card company reverse the charges on the exhaust and the differential you purchased. Again I explained I am out of the shop and I would call you in the morning. You sent me the pictures, I acknowledged that and it looks like they started from the back and installed forward. I again will call you in the morning when I am back. It is not a lack of customer service, I am working on another customer’s vehicle right now and I do not use my cell for phone calls.
Justin

James Myers 05-14-2019 12:48 AM

Looking forward to talking!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7634632717.jpg
Hi Justin,
I do apologize that I indeed did need to threaten to reverse the credit card charges in order to get your attention, and I do appreciate that you're now at least responding to my inquiries. Again, I am disappointed that I needed to use drastic measures to get your attention.

I would like to show the history... See the picture... It started with a call to your customer service on March 26th, with a voicemail.
I submitted a ticket on your online system and left you a voicemail about these issues on April 30th, requesting a phone call, with my name, order number, phone number, and the issue. You responded to me on May 1 with a request for pictures, which I responded to within hours.... I emailed the pictures below to you, again asking to talk and requesting a phone call, and had received no additional responses...

On May 11, I needed to resort to more drastic measures to get your attention, by posting to this forum, and your facebook page, as you said, threatening to reverse charges, again with another phone call and email.

Each time I have sent an inquiry from March 26 forward, I have left you my order number, name, phone number, and requested a call. As you can see from this call history picture, there has not been one single phone call from you!

I know email is a poor communication method, and hence my repeated requests for phone calls. This is now a total of 8 different requests that you call me, or that you give me a direct number to call you (3 by voicemail, and 5 by email). The most recent was at 11:42am your local time, today, on a MONDAY (7:42am my time), to which you responded that it was too late in the day to call me, and that you would call me in the morning... So, I immediately responded with "Not clear what you mean by "talk in the morning." It's 7:42am here in California, which is the start of my morning... I am hoping we can talk at a time when I am not sleeping... Can we set a specific time, so that we can communicate effectively? Thanks, James"

Again, you did not send any response to me, but rather posted here.

I can see from your note below that you are agitated with me and this situation. I can assure you, I, YOUR CUSTOMER, am also quite frustrated with this situation. I just wanted parts that fit, and a phone call...

As to your comments about building it from the wrong end... It is where we started... Forget about the Cat connection, and you can see that the front y-pipes do not align with the spacing between the headers. The first connection WAS in the passenger side of the engine at the header, and from that point it was goofed, as the driver's side header would not connect... Then the Cat was connected just to see if the rest could be fit from the passenger of the engine back, when it was again clear that the rear y-pipe would not reach the hangers if connected to the cat and then therefore the engine... So, the cat was disconnected, rear pipes installed as well as they might be, and there you have it and can see from the pictures.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you on the phone. It's now beena long time since my first and many repeated requests for a phone call... That's a LOT of time on the Dyno!!!

-James

Zip Corvettes 05-14-2019 09:27 AM

So, last night after I got off the dyno I looked at your pictures and your order from us. Your exhaust shop should not have started installing items from the rear first, you start from the front and loosely mount everything and adjust until you have the alignment correct, then you tight the clamps. Yes sometimes you have to put a little force on a pipe to get it in the right spot, but the 75-82's are pretty easy to do this with. You can see in your pic that the convertor inlet is not where it is supposed to be, but I do not see where you purchased this from us either. I am going to be back on the dyno this morning but will be available later this afternoon. Also please attach the shop labor bill where they charged you to "rebend" the pipes. You can attach it to your ticket, I went in and assigned it to me so I will see it when it comes over.
Justin

Zip Corvettes 05-14-2019 09:42 AM

James,
Also concerning the site review of the product. We do not keep bad reviews from the site, when you type them in they do go to our IT guy for preview. That is how they all work and then we determine if it is an actual error or a install error. We sell parts, we are not responsible for the installers they a customer chooses. If there is something really wrong with the part I have no issue with a bad review, however if I have a couple of complaints on a product and we look at it, and it really has a fit issue we will discontinue it so there would be no reviews on a product we do not sell. We sell a lot of exhaust, and 99% of the time, issues are install issue. We install them here as well in our shop and we never really seem to have an issue with any.

Zip Corvettes 05-14-2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by James Myers (Post 1599398425)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7634632717.jpg
Hi Justin,
I do apologize that I indeed did need to threaten to reverse the credit card charges in order to get your attention, and I do appreciate that you're now at least responding to my inquiries. Again, I am disappointed that I needed to use drastic measures to get your attention.

I would like to show the history... See the picture... It started with a call to your customer service on March 26th, with a voicemail.
I submitted a ticket on your online system and left you a voicemail about these issues on April 30th, requesting a phone call, with my name, order number, phone number, and the issue. You responded to me on May 1 with a request for pictures, which I responded to within hours.... I emailed the pictures below to you, again asking to talk and requesting a phone call, and had received no additional responses...

On May 11, I needed to resort to more drastic measures to get your attention, by posting to this forum, and your facebook page, as you said, threatening to reverse charges, again with another phone call and email.

Each time I have sent an inquiry from March 26 forward, I have left you my order number, name, phone number, and requested a call. As you can see from this call history picture, there has not been one single phone call from you!

I know email is a poor communication method, and hence my repeated requests for phone calls. This is now a total of 8 different requests that you call me, or that you give me a direct number to call you (3 by voicemail, and 5 by email). The most recent was at 11:42am your local time, today, on a MONDAY (7:42am my time), to which you responded that it was too late in the day to call me, and that you would call me in the morning... So, I immediately responded with "Not clear what you mean by "talk in the morning." It's 7:42am here in California, which is the start of my morning... I am hoping we can talk at a time when I am not sleeping... Can we set a specific time, so that we can communicate effectively? Thanks, James"

Again, you did not send any response to me, but rather posted here.

I can see from your note below that you are agitated with me and this situation. I can assure you, I, YOUR CUSTOMER, am also quite frustrated with this situation. I just wanted parts that fit, and a phone call...

As to your comments about building it from the wrong end... It is where we started... Forget about the Cat connection, and you can see that the front y-pipes do not align with the spacing between the headers. The first connection WAS in the passenger side of the engine at the header, and from that point it was goofed, as the driver's side header would not connect... Then the Cat was connected just to see if the rest could be fit from the passenger of the engine back, when it was again clear that the rear y-pipe would not reach the hangers if connected to the cat and then therefore the engine... So, the cat was disconnected, rear pipes installed as well as they might be, and there you have it and can see from the pictures.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you on the phone. It's now beena long time since my first and many repeated requests for a phone call... That's a LOT of time on the Dyno!!!

-James

James,
You have NOT been leaving me messages. The only reason I knew anything about this recently was because you send a message to our IT guy. The last communication before that was me asking you for pictures. Part of the problem is you are not and have not been reaching out to me. If you call and ask for me they would forward you to my extension, and if you listen to my voicemail it routes you to my email for fast service. I am NEVER just sitting at my desk and we are on the East coast, so if you have been calling when you get home from work, none of us are here. I just got back and I will give you a call. I responded here because you did and it hit my email alerts.

James Myers 05-16-2019 12:50 AM

Thank you for the call yesterday Justin. I appreciate that we're now discussing things.
I should have all the information you requested in your hands very soon. I also appreciate your time and consideration for this matter.

-James