CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/drag-racing-90/)
-   -   East Coast Supercharging LS/LT challenge series race 1 is in the books. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/drag-racing/4273447-east-coast-supercharging-ls-lt-challenge-series-race-1-is-in-the-books.html)

C5 Pete 05-12-2019 07:04 PM

East Coast Supercharging LS/LT challenge series race 1 is in the books.

We had a great showing for the first event! I heard almost 50 tech cards sold.

Congrats to the class winners!
I don’t know all the names, but I’m sure Chris or Doug can chime in with who turned on the last win light in each class.

Many thanks to East Coast Supercharging for bringing this series to Atco Raceway. Thanks to Atco for giving us a great place to race.

Also, huge thanks to the class sponsors.
American Racing Headers 11.50 index
Mantic Clutch 10.00 index
Paxton Superchargers 8.50 index

and, of course, East Coast Supercharging brackets class.

Please remember these sponsors and consider using their products for your performance upgrades!

Next event is June 15!

Fuzzy Dice 05-13-2019 07:34 AM

I am happy you folks have revived this wonderful series...all the best!...

DRIVER456 05-13-2019 07:56 AM

What pete said👍 Anthony cupolo won 10.00 index Steve Pistilli won brackets and the guy in the white caddy won 11.50 index

Ron Higgins 05-13-2019 12:03 PM

Great to see a lot of old friends good luck with the reborn ECS series I was told by Doug and Chris that my old LT would be eligible to race Something to think about. How about it Rich and Jamie?

STEVEN13 05-13-2019 01:22 PM

Glad you had a good turn out.

Looking forward to attend towards the end of the season.

Steve

DRIVER456 05-13-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ron Higgins (Post 1599393971)
Great to see a lot of old friends good luck with the reborn ECS series I was told by Doug and Chris that my old LT would be eligible to race Something to think about. How about it Rich and Jamie?

Good seeing you Ronnie,i had a great time! I told ya you could race in it lol

Turbo Bob 05-13-2019 04:34 PM

Great seeing and racing with everyone this past Saturday at Atco. Like old times. Congrats to Anthony Cupolo winner of the 10.0 index race, Tommy Michaelkowski runner up in the 10.0 index race, Shay La Scala runner up in the 11.50 index race, and Steve Pistilli winner of the bracket race and Shay La Scala runner up in the bracket race.

Looking forward to the next race on June 15th.

L79racer 05-13-2019 06:33 PM

It was a great day of racing and was really nice to see everyone. Just like old times. Thanks to East Coast and all the sponsors. looking forward to the next race.

1stvette94 05-13-2019 07:43 PM

Really was a great day with great people I haven't seen in some time. Thanks to ECS for starting the series again 👍

YO-EL 05-14-2019 11:19 AM

May give it a go if Bob can show me how....haha!

RichS 05-14-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ron Higgins (Post 1599393971)

Waiting for my computer to get back from torqhead, Then break the motor in, then have it tuned by Doug. Also saw conflicting things whether our "old" LTx's were legal for the class. Thought Doug said yes, but someone else said no. Talked to someone that was there and said you were running.:confused2: Long drive for a maybe.... Once I know for sure I'd like to come down to run once the cars ready.

DOUG @ ECS 05-14-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by RichS (Post 1599401356)
Waiting for my computer to get back from torqhead, Then break the motor in, then have it tuned by Doug. Also saw conflicting things whether our "old" LTx's were legal for the class. Thought Doug said yes, but someone else said no. Talked to someone that was there and said you were running.:confused2: Long drive for a maybe.... Once I know for sure I'd like to come down to run once the cars ready.

As I said earlier, we never specified "late model LT engine", we just made the rules what they are so the fields do not get dominated by big tire cars etc, pushing out our street cars. Just trying to keep it the original ECS challenge vibe. Atco certainly doesn't, mind if you want to buy a tech card and I know we don't either. Let's race!!