CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3s-for-sale-wanted-56/)
-   -   FS: LT1's FOR SALE that I ran across today... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3s-for-sale-wanted/4273511-lt1s-for-sale-that-i-ran-across-today.html)

firstgenaddict 05-12-2019 09:44 PM

LT1's FOR SALE that I ran across today...
 
71 Coupe original engine and paperwork probably needs restoration 25k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2245472.html

71 Coupe shows a BERGER Chevrolet performance sticker under the hood... don't see holes for expansion tank appears like high RPM redline 25k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2239778.html

71 Coupe Mulsanne over blue interior 34k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/1956864.html

71 Coupe Sunflower Yellow Black 45k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2172480.html



71 Roadster Brandshatch over Black - original paint unrestored appears unmolested - engine compartment looks VERY original -- auction
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2267184.html

72 Coupe Bryar Blue Blk Leather 41.5k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2153739.html

72 AC Coupe Bryar over blk leather - AUCTION!
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2259254.html

fake 05-13-2019 07:34 AM

Nice group of cars if you have deep pockets and you love to look at them but never can drive them like a new Corvette. The largest problem with these older models is frame rust! Looked at a LT1 in 1982 in mass NO1 car except when you crawled under neath frame was rotted beyond repair. . Asking price 7 thousand dollars.

firstgenaddict 05-13-2019 12:00 PM


Originally Posted by fake (Post 1599392464)
Nice group of cars if you have deep pockets and you love to look at them but never can drive them like a new Corvette. The largest problem with these older models is frame rust! Looked at a LT1 in 1982 in mass NO1 car except when you crawled under neath frame was rotted beyond repair. . Asking price 7 thousand dollars.

LT1's are the best buy on the market if you are looking for a solid lifter engine with a four speed... try to find anything else under 50k with a 6500 redline. .

zrc3john 05-13-2019 04:41 PM


Originally Posted by firstgenaddict (Post 1599393954)
LT1's are the best buy on the market if you are looking for a solid lifter engine with a four speed... try to find anything else under 50k with a 6500 redline. .

Just build up a standard 350 and you can rev it to 6500 for a hell of a lot less..
Or just get a crate motor pushing 450-475 horse and it will run circles around an LT-1.

firstgenaddict 05-13-2019 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by zrc3john (Post 1599395742)
Just build up a standard 350 and you can rev it to 6500 for a hell of a lot less..
Or just get a crate motor pushing 450-475 horse and it will run circles around an LT-1.


I will play with a C5-C6 Z06 if I want to run circles around anything...
I am talking about a limited production high performance vintage corvette, the production of which accounted for less than 5000 units over the course of 3 years.

Midyrman 05-13-2019 10:02 PM

Vintage
 
Iím running with the vintage crowd.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...028275ab2.jpeg

firstgenaddict 05-14-2019 12:59 AM

GOD I just absolutely love Daytona Yellow, it looks sooo nice!
A Daytona Yellow coupe broke my cherry at 18 and I still have eyes for the color...

Zedder 05-14-2019 10:42 PM

Beautiful car Midyrman!

Dirty Dalton 05-17-2019 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by Midyrman (Post 1599397807)
Iím running with the vintage crowd.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...028275ab2.jpeg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...702902cbb1.jpg

Me too!

vettebuyer6369 05-18-2019 08:22 PM

3 or 4 LT-1s lined up next to each other for Mecum tomorrow.

Midyrman 05-18-2019 09:37 PM

Lt-1
 

Originally Posted by Zedder (Post 1599404045)
Beautiful car Midyrman!

Thank you.

Midyrman 05-18-2019 09:42 PM

Parade
 

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369 (Post 1599425795)
3 or 4 LT-1s lined up next to each other for Mecum tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see the sold prices to see if the LT-1s are getting stronger.

bearcatfan9 05-18-2019 11:16 PM

The green ‘70 bid at $57k but didn’t meet the reserve. Interesting to see where the yellow goes on Sunday...

vettebuyer6369 05-19-2019 01:03 AM

70-71-72 on Sunday:


https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-38...1-convertible/


https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-37...1-convertible/


https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-38...tte-lt1-coupe/


firstgenaddict 05-19-2019 01:40 AM

There was a Brandshatch Green Original paint 71 LT1 roadster with 40k miles - did it bid to $57k?

I thought it might do 60k ...
So IMHO $57k isn't bad, the car desperately needs a clean up and the paint needs some TLC...
I would love to look it over, IT MUST BE AN EARLY CAR... it has 70 grilles and 70 side vents.
Midyr and I were discussing these earlier...
We had a 75k price on the Yellow 70...

and based on that I figured the 71 was a 60k car. - so 57k is in the neighborhood, wonder what the reserve was?

What about the coupe?
What's the number on the White Red 72 coupe with 75k miles?
The radiator cap and rad brackets look awfully rusty, that makes me wonder about the rest of the car.

dennis 05-19-2019 11:17 AM

If I didn't just purchase a 70 LT-1 vert, I'd be all over the yellow 70. (until it sky rockets past my wallet). Think that will do the big number of the 3 mentioned. The green 71 looks great too
Be interesting to see the order of those 3. .

bearcatfan9 05-19-2019 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by dennis (Post 1599428182)
If I didn't just purchase a 70 LT-1 vert, I'd be all over the yellow 70. (until it sky rockets past my wallet). Think that will do the big number of the 3 mentioned. The green 71 looks great too
Be interesting to see the order of those 3. .

When did you buy your Ď70 LT-1 vert? Iíve been looking. Hard to find a documented one.

Midyrman 05-19-2019 12:21 PM


Originally Posted by firstgenaddict (Post 1599426928)
There was a Brandshatch Green Original paint 71 LT1 roadster with 40k miles - did it bid to $57k?

I thought it might do 60k ...
So IMHO $57k isn't bad, the car desperately needs a clean up and the paint needs some TLC...
I would love to look it over, IT MUST BE AN EARLY CAR... it has 70 grilles and 70 side vents.
Midyr and I were discussing these earlier...
We had a 75k price on the Yellow 70...

and based on that I figured the 71 was a 60k car. - so 57k is in the neighborhood, wonder what the reserve was?

What about the coupe?
What's the number on the White Red 72 coupe with 75k miles?
The radiator cap and rad brackets look awfully rusty, that makes me wonder about the rest of the car.

For some reason the Ď71 Brandshatch didnít Auction. While the other cars listed before and after are showing a SOLD price or Bid Goes On, there is no info shown on the Ď71.

Zedder 05-19-2019 12:24 PM

I love that yellow ‘70! I believe the white/red 72 was judged at a regional I attended in 96 or 97. I remember being shocked at how original it was for the mileage.

dennis 05-19-2019 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by bearcatfan9 (Post 1599428198)
When did you buy your Ď70 LT-1 vert? Iíve been looking. Hard to find a documented one.

Arranging the shipping right now. Great car, lots of docs. BTW you should be all over the yellow 70 or green 71 on Mecum, if you're really looking for a couple of terrific LT-1's
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...49aa37d343.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3b1612743e.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands