CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Sanszo (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/4273776-sanszo.html)

Trebor 05-13-2019 04:18 PM

Sanszo

I have a triple black convertible. My first black car. Have not had it long. I have always used a California Duster at cruise nights and shows with my previous Vettes . The duster is not supposed to cause scratches, but who knows. I was looking for a good detailer spray and came across Sanszo. It has polymers in it to help seal the paint. It is actually a waterless wash for cars. I bought a bottle and tried it and the results were great. You spray it to the surface, then use one microfiber towel to rub it in. Then you use a second microfiber towel to buff it out. I like it better than Meguiars and Mothers detailing sprays. Anyone else using this?

FYRARMS 05-13-2019 05:15 PM

Never heard of Sanszo, but dragging a California Duster across the surface of your car is a good way to cause damage. You might not think you are, but, you are. I didn't believe anyone until I pulled my previous car into a dark garage and used a small LED light to see the paint surface. Sure enough, there were micro-swirls. If I need to remove dust from my car, I use a detail spray or waterless wash and some high-quality microfiber towels.

Trebor 05-13-2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by FYRARMS (Post 1599395951)
Never heard of Sanszo, but dragging a California Duster across the surface of your car is a good way to cause damage. You might not think you are, but, you are. I didn't believe anyone until I pulled my previous car into a dark garage and used a small LED light to see the paint surface. Sure enough, there were micro-swirls. If I need to remove dust from my car, I use a detail spray or water less wash and some high-quality microfiber towels.

When California dusters first got popular , I don't know, 20 years ago, they said it contained parifin (sp) wax and the dirtier it got, the better it got. Seemed counter intuitive. So I agree about the dusters.

Here is a link for the Sanszo product. It is made in Canada (Quebec I think) and is making in roads in the U.S. Like I say, it was easy to apply (smelled awesome) and hand buffed out nicely.

http://sanszo.com/products/?lang=en

FYRARMS 05-13-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Trebor (Post 1599396702)
When California dusters first got popular , I don't know, 20 years ago, they said it contained parifin (sp) wax and the dirtier it got, the better it got. Seemed counter intuitive. So I agree about the dusters.

Exactly. I remember a discussion on the Meguiar's forum a while back. One of the Meguiar's guys said they use the dusters all the time at car shows and they don't scratch anything. But, then they said they use detail spray right after they dust to remove the parrafin wax streaks. Then someone asked them "So, why not just use detail spray to begin with?" That left the Meguiar's guy a little quiet. LOL

Trebor 05-30-2019 08:52 PM

Review of Sanszo

Reviewing my own post. After playing around with this expense ($16.97/bottle) for a couple of weeks on my deep shined black paint I found:

1 This stuff streaks even after following the instructions to spray it on and wait 30 seconds. Then wipe it in with microfiber towel 1. Then use a second microfiber towel to remove any excess. The next day I always found streaks in the sunlight or using a florescent light.

2. I was finding clouding in my black paint. It seemed to be fogging up my paint thus losing the nice deep shine I had.

3. This stuff is supposed to be a warerless wash. I would never squirt this stuff on a dirty car and then rub it and the dirt into my paint. I was looking for a decent detail spray that I could use it in between waxing.

Anyway, this was a waste of money IMO.

charley95 05-30-2019 10:13 PM

Can't go wrong with Kenotec Showroom Shine. I've used a lot of detail sprays through the years and it's my favorite for a general DS. By far the easiest to wipe off.

justplainjim 05-31-2019 05:55 PM

I've been using Chadwick's Triple Play for a couple of years. Great product..

CamarosRus 05-31-2019 06:11 PM

Why cant RennyDoyle BEADMAKER be used here as a detailer.......????

One Gallon in $30 Range

FYRARMS 05-31-2019 10:47 PM

You can use it as a detailer, but it is better as a topper. Bead Maker isn't as lubey as dedicated detail sprays or waterless washes, in my opinion. I only use it on clean paint.

For just $20, you can get a gallon of 3D's "Final Touch" which contains a small amount of carnauba mixed in to it. I have found it to be nice and slick, and it flashes quickly. It behaves exactly like Adam's Detail Spray, and it even smells like the Adam's used to smell.

I have a bunch of detail spray. Like, wayyyyy too much. All different brands. When it all runs out, I will probably just keep using my Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash concentrate and make gallons of slick detail spray out of it. It works so nicely Between the Wolfgang and the Kenotek Showroom Shine, I won't need anything else.