CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Do you think GM reads the stupid comments here? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4273898-do-you-think-gm-reads-the-stupid-comments-here.html)

Easy Rhino 05-13-2019 09:26 PM

Do you think GM reads the stupid comments here?

For entertainment value? I know that I do.

Said differently, is the level of thoughtful rational discourse on the C8 forum great than or less than PR&C or Off-Topic?

Does anyone besides me shake their heads at what may even partially represent a real cross-section of enthusiasts, or is there a low IQ requirement to be overly engaged in the C8 forum?

Just wondering.

YMMV.

Yarbie 05-13-2019 09:28 PM

If they're smart, hell no.

Michael A 05-13-2019 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yarbie (Post 1599397585)
If they're smart, hell no.

:lol:

Sin City 05-13-2019 09:41 PM

More like they plant stupid comments

WoozyWagtail 05-13-2019 09:41 PM

This is a new account for me. Wanted to get away from my old forum name. Been on this forum since 2013 and never have I wondered so much about the demographics until I started frequenting the C8 subforum. Some of the comments here make me think this subforum is nothing but a bunch of teenagers. Go read the porsche thread. Feels like sitting inside a high school cafeteria.

range96 05-13-2019 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by WoozyWagtail (Post 1599397693)
This is a new account for me. Wanted to get away from my old forum name. Been on this forum since 2013 and never have I wondered so much about the demographics until I started frequenting the C8 subforum. Some of the comments here make me think this subforum is nothing but a bunch of teenagers. Go read the porsche thread. Feels like sitting inside a high school cafeteria.

Now, the challenge is to associate your new screen name with your old one. :)

To OP, this is better entertainment than the evening news. I'm sure there are people within GM who monitor web sites. Probably, just skimming through as there are so much nonsense to wade through (of course not on Corvette Forum). :)

Jnape 05-13-2019 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by range96 (Post 1599397766)
Now, the challenge is to associate your new screen name with your old one. :)

To OP, this is better entertainment than the evening news. I'm sure there are people within GM who monitor web sites. Probably, just skimming through as there are so much nonsense to wade through (of course not on Corvette Forum). :)

MikeC7Z or runsforcops :cheers:

Tennis & Golf Nut 05-13-2019 10:11 PM

If they have Half a brain, yes. :yesnod:

jefnvk 05-13-2019 11:08 PM

Working in the auto industry, on systems the customers notice and will make comments on, I (nor anyone I know) never actively bother to read comments on my systems.

I don't suspect GM is much different, but who knows. That said, when I do inadvertently come across my products, I can't help but chuckle how wrong people generally are.

sunsalem 05-14-2019 12:15 AM

OK, I've read this thread.
Consequently, tonight I'll be opening my veins.

Jinx 05-14-2019 12:46 AM

It was the same before C6 and C7.

The audience is more general than forums for in-production cars.
Anticipation -- and anxiety -- is high, and information is scarce.

People are emotional beings. Can't expect them to be otherwise.

Grzldvt1 05-14-2019 01:08 AM

I know they used to. I took my C5 off roading near Death Valley... Going way to fast for the conditions on old tires, ended up down in a ravine. There were several Corvette executives in our corral at Laguna Seca for the Historics. A Corvette went sliding backwards into the wall and crashed. I made a comment that it looked like my crash. One of the Forum members made a comment to the Execs that I crashed my car in Death Valley and they knew about it. Only place I eer posted anything about it was on this Forum.

BIG Dave 05-14-2019 07:36 AM

“Do you think GM reads the stupid comments here?”

Hopefully they’re not wasting their time and they have better things to do. Too few members post here, and some that do post nonsense. Let’s assume there will be 30,000 C8’s produced in the first model year. How many CF members will actively post something meaningful and useful regarding the C8? There are currently ~1,500 threads in the C8 section. If we assume each of those threads was created by a unique CF member, that’s just 5% (in reality, some CF members have created multiple threads resulting in the actual percentage to be less than 5%). Far too small a percentage to be taken seriously. The reality is, the CF represents a very small percentage of Corvette buyers.

ZEN357 05-14-2019 07:41 AM

Even if they do, I highly doubt they care!

thirtythird 05-14-2019 07:51 AM

Here is my stupid comment:

-make sure the known/common problems that the C7 has do not appear in the C8.

(Lol, but completely new problems I can live with I guess)

lesZ51 05-14-2019 08:37 AM

I think they read the comments and then laugh at us!

:nopity

capevettes 05-14-2019 08:48 AM

GM is absolutely attentive to what is posted here. That is why some threads have been removed when information is imparted that they don't want disclosed. I view this section of the Forum as entertainment. You learn who is worth listening to and who should be tuned out.

kozmic 05-14-2019 08:56 AM

I would suspect there are many GM employees (up and down the org chart) that also own Corvettes, and it would surprise me if a lot of them didn’t also have accounts on CF. :cheers:

MagRedConv 05-14-2019 09:14 AM

If GM execs were reading this stuff and taking it to heart we should expect the C8 to closely resemble the car Homer Simpson developed for his brother Herb.

Or

ChiefBoats 05-14-2019 09:34 AM

I'm sure some do read the comments on this forum, but most likely taken with a grain of salt, as most topics here are.........:D