CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Need advice, maxed out at 750rwhp, needs fuel even after LT4 system upgrade ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4274562-need-advice-maxed-out-at-750rwhp-needs-fuel-even-after-lt4-system-upgrade.html)

chaznad 05-15-2019 05:48 PM

Need advice, maxed out at 750rwhp, needs fuel even after LT4 system upgrade ?

Hey guys so I'm looking to see if it's even worth the hassle of a lowside DSX aux pump.
My Z51 has forged internals , dual meth , ecs1500 running 11lbs no plate ,TSP stage 2 cam, lt4 injectors /hpfp, msd IM, all bolt ones and E85 kit, however we had to remove from the tune because we were starving for fuel

The sad part is I have friends with stock lt1 fuel systems making 800+ but they are spraying a lot more meth then me , I guess I'm on a really really safe tune ???♂ as this shop prefers not using meth as a primary fuel source
So I was told to get a lowside kit from either weapon x or dsx , however what will this benefit besides adding e85 and gaining another 40-50 wheel ..
I'm trying to justify cost, especially after the recent build , the kit 1000, tune-500, labor 200 , all for 50 wheel ?? What do u guys think
I'm not ready for a bigger blower , what are my options , looking to see 850

Eat.Sleep.Race 05-15-2019 10:26 PM

You will def. need the low side.. My Z06 was running out of fuel at 700.. Go with DSX plug and play!!!

rjacobs 05-15-2019 11:32 PM

You are running out of fuel on the low side. You have all the high side fuel stuff covered(without going to port injection), but without a low side boost, you are starving the high side.

CamOnlyJabroni 05-15-2019 11:34 PM

Have you tried turning the voltage up to the factory low side? You can now do this with HP tuners. You can also use a JMS voltage booster to do the same thing.

chaznad 05-16-2019 12:52 AM

Ok but with the lowside and my current setup , will I gain anything besides the e85 Tune ? 50 wheel at this point isn't worth the $2k , after spending 16k on the build lol

I'll be honest I'm not familiar with how to use an hp tuner on my own

I feel like by spraying more meth my issue will be solved , they have a fail safe . Right now it's at a really safe zone , I don't care for it to be over aggressive but maybe just a little extra

ajrothm 05-16-2019 06:18 AM

You need a low side system,..Period.

You are already on the ragged edge or over it at 750 rw on the stock low side. Spend $1k and have some safety, peace of mind and gain your 50 rw on E85.

CamOnlyJabroni 05-16-2019 07:52 AM

The point you are at, I would do a low side. It’s the only bottleneck in your setup especially if you are seeing pressure drop. You already have a ton of money in the car.

My brother is running 9psi on his 6th gen 1SS Camaro with a 2.9 whipple and an LT4 fuel system with LPE high side on E70. STOCK LOW SIDE with a JMS voltage booster. No pressure drop. This with a factory cam that drives the high side pump less than an factory LT4 Cam. With a gauge showing e content it’s easy to manage. Be very careful with who tunes your car. Don’t trust anyone that doesn’t have proven results without spending a small fortune on a fuel system. You can run the car out of fuel easily just by running incorrect AFR’s that aren’t optimal for direct injection. I just got my flex fuel finished up yesterday so we are going to see how my stock setup works with good tuning and a voltage boost on the low side.

Jeremy Formato seems to be one of the few I have seen that can do more with less. You can tune the factory fuel controller with HP Tuners now. Factory C7Z low side voltage tables at least for my year 16’ were only 12.5 for almost the entire usable fuel flow rates.

Very dumb. The cars make stupid instant torque down low which can put a strain on the fuel system early. Making power with less boost will save you money. It’s all about goals though. If you want more power, it’s going to cost more money one way or another after a certain point.

Just make sure the tune is actually good and the low side has proper voltage. 17.5 volts is a hell of a lot more flow than 12.5. Plenty of ways to bump the high side up once the low side has good voltage.