CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   DSX aux (low side) fuel pump (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4274608-dsx-aux-low-side-fuel-pump.html)

1QUICK Z 05-15-2019 08:02 PM

DSX aux (low side) fuel pump

Hey guys, has anyone installed this DSX low side aux fuel pump on your C7Z? It looks like install is pretty easy and you don't have to drop the tank.

jrwood 05-15-2019 09:51 PM

It’s not bad at all. We used the MTI one and Jayson has everything you need in the kit and instructions that are perfect.

1QUICK Z 05-15-2019 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jrwood
It’s not bad at all. We used the MTI one and Jayson has everything you need in the kit and instructions that are perfect.

Is that the same design? I really like Dave at DSX and I like supporting him. Seems like a great solution if I'm needing a little more pressure to run full E85. I run E50 now and actually went into "reduced engine power" mode earlier today (P228C - code). I cleared the code and it didn't come back tonight but it was much cooler this morning. I know that can make a difference

Eat.Sleep.Race 05-15-2019 10:00 PM

I run it, and love it so far. Never lose fuel pressure with full bolt on/ported blower etc.. It did taek about 3 hours to install by pro.

1QUICK Z 05-15-2019 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race
I run it, and love it so far. Never lose fuel pressure with full bolt on/ported blower etc.. It did taek about 3 hours to install by pro.

That's great to hear. Did you have to adjust the tune for it or is it pretty plug and play. Is it loud? I know Dave mentioned going with the specific pump because it was fairly quiet. My buddy installed a big twin pump on his Camaro and it always screams. I def don't want that. I just need a little extra pressure. I don't plan on going crazy. Just want to run full E85 and possibly a smaller pulley?

Eat.Sleep.Race 05-15-2019 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z (Post 1599409521)
That's great to hear. Did you have to adjust the tune for it or is it pretty plug and play. Is it loud? I know Dave mentioned going with the specific pump because it was fairly quiet. My buddy installed a big twin pump on his Camaro and it always screams. I def don't want that. I just need a little extra pressure. I don't plan on going crazy. Just want to run full E85 and possibly a smaller pulley?

You dont hear it at all, it does spike a little when you get on it, and let off, seems like nitrous hitting but I also did meth so them both together makes the pull/hit act a little crazy. You cant go full e85 without a cam though, i maxed the system at 65-70% ethanol..

So don't be fooled!

DSX Tuning 05-15-2019 10:19 PM

Installation time varies greatly by how good a mechanic you are and how fast you need to work. Some do these in under an hour. The DSX kit is the only kit that is 100% self contained in the driver rear wheel well. You don’t have to run any wiring from the engine bay. We also manufacture our own fittings so everything is 100% purpose made. :)

Eat.Sleep.Race 05-15-2019 10:20 PM

And yes . RETUNE will be required for it. Or you will just dump fuel to the motor, if getting on it, 4-5MPG since its pulling double the fuel to the motor.

1QUICK Z 05-15-2019 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by DSX Tuning
Installation time varies greatly by how good a mechanic you are and how fast you need to work. Some do these in under an hour. The DSX kit is the only kit that is 100% self contained in the driver rear wheel well. You don’t have to run any wiring from the engine bay. We also manufacture our own fittings so everything is 100% purpose made. :)

Thanks Dave! You've always been great to work with and you make a quality product. If I do this, yours would be the direction I'm going. I actually called you earlier today to ask you about the fuel rail sensor since I hit the 'limp home' mode on my way to work. I assume this would solve my pressure issue? Is it true that this pump won't allow me to run full E85?

555ctsv 05-16-2019 05:01 AM

I've installed a system from a different vendor on my 2nd C7, and then the dsx kit on my current c7z. The dsx kit was way easier to install. The wiring for it takes no time at all, just clip it in and done! I added an activation light in my a-pillar and that took more time than actually installing the pump. I think you'll be very happy with it

CamOnlyJabroni 05-16-2019 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z (Post 1599409484)
Is that the same design? I really like Dave at DSX and I like supporting him. Seems like a great solution if I'm needing a little more pressure to run full E85. I run E50 now and actually went into "reduced engine power" mode earlier today (P228C - code). I cleared the code and it didn't come back tonight but it was much cooler this morning. I know that can make a difference

What’s done to the car?

DSX Tuning 05-16-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z (Post 1599409665)
Thanks Dave! You've always been great to work with and you make a quality product. If I do this, yours would be the direction I'm going. I actually called you earlier today to ask you about the fuel rail sensor since I hit the 'limp home' mode on my way to work. I assume this would solve my pressure issue? Is it true that this pump won't allow me to run full E85?

I don't know that this will automatically fix what you saw honestly. As far as running full E85, the DI fuel systems are fairly complicated with many variables that dictate what you can actually get away with. I don't have a black and white answer for you.

1QUICK Z 05-16-2019 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
What’s done to the car?

DSX flex fuel kit running E40-E45, CAI, ported TB, Borla x-pipe, 2.3 upper pulley, 2017+ lid

CamOnlyJabroni 05-16-2019 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z (Post 1599411502)
DSX flex fuel kit running E40-E45, CAI, ported TB, Borla x-pipe, 2.3 upper pulley, 2017+ lid

I would bump the voltage up on the low side first and see how far you get. This can be done in the tune and also a voltage booster can safely add even more flow. Then if it’s the high side giving out do a LPE high pressure pump. Just depends on goals. Everyone’s are different. I’m currently just seeing how far the stock system can go.

Doing the DSX low side would definitely take car of the low pressure side. You just may be able to get by with more voltage. Just all depends what’s going on in the tune and high/low sides.

I just try to be more on the less is more to a point with cars and money that you won’t ever get back. Not recommending short cuts just potential money savings depending on goals and keeping the system stock if it’s doable.

gr8del 05-16-2019 01:37 PM

I installed the DSX low side fuel kit last month. While I do have a mechanical background, it's been 10 years since I've really turned wrenches and this was an easy install. I took my time since I wanted to make sure I did not have any leaks. I did it in my garage on jack stands.

Get the rear end as high as possible in relation to the front to minimize any fuel spills when tapping the tank (and put a pan under the tank when you tap for any spill
The "T" fitting location for the tank fuel line wasn't super clear in the instructions i got (below are pictures where it is)
MAKE SURE the "T" fitting hose from the DSX aux pump is completely tightened before connecting it back to the car's fuel lines (it would be a PITA to pull back out after you connect it in that tight space)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e680846819.jpg
Location where you have to disconnect the tank's fuel line for the DSX T fitting
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bc13b8f121.jpg
This is the fuel plug to disconnect.

1QUICK Z 05-16-2019 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by gr8del
I installed the DSX low side fuel kit last month. While I do have a mechanical background, it's been 10 years since I've really turned wrenches and this was an easy install. I took my time since I wanted to make sure I did not have any leaks. I did it in my garage on jack stands.

Get the rear end as high as possible in relation to the front to minimize any fuel spills when tapping the tank (and put a pan under the tank when you tap for any spill
The "T" fitting location for the tank fuel line wasn't super clear in the instructions i got (below are pictures where it is)
MAKE SURE the "T" fitting hose from the DSX aux pump is completely tightened before connecting it back to the car's fuel lines (it would be a PITA to pull back out after you connect it in that tight space)
Location where you have to disconnect the tank's fuel line for the DSX T fitting

Great info. Thanks!

DTOM 05-16-2019 09:40 PM

At what power level would you recommended upgrading the low side?

ACS55 05-19-2019 07:54 AM

I have the DSX low side kit and have never heard it at all. It only comes on under high load conditions... so at those times your exhaust valves have opened and your exhaust is much louder than the pump. It also has a soft start feature that prevents/minimizes fuel pressure spiking issues.

Mangum 09-24-2019 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by gr8del (Post 1599412904)

So the T just connects into the factory fuel line? There is no adding extra hole to the tank or anything??

ss2z06 09-24-2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mangum (Post 1600207576)
So the T just connects into the factory fuel line? There is no adding extra hole to the tank or anything??

You do have to still drill a hole in the tank.