CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Ferrari and Lambo owners--are you buying C8 since it's mid engine? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4276275-ferrari-and-lambo-owners-are-you-buying-c8-since-its-mid-engine.html)

Anand 05-20-2019 04:21 PM

Ferrari and Lambo owners--are you buying C8 since it's mid engine?

Its been a while since I posted here after owning 69 vette. I own gated Lamborghini gallardo, just wondering if anyone in here is replacing their other supercar for the C8. Why or why not?

dexterkatt 05-20-2019 04:35 PM

Unless your Gallardo is a twin turbo, it is NOT a super car by any stretch of the imagination. I owned one for two years and traded it in to buy a C7.

Sin City 05-20-2019 04:35 PM

If you are looking here already you are interested. The real question is people not really aware of it yet.

There's not enough information from Chevy IMO to make a real call yet.

Anand 05-20-2019 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dexterkatt (Post 1599435419)
Unless your Gallardo is a twin turbo, it is NOT a super car by any stretch of the imagination. I owned one for two years and traded it in to buy a C7.

First time I heard that, twin turbo makes it super car?

bgspot 05-20-2019 05:04 PM

^No it doesn't, people just like to pass off opinions as facts around here. I've always wanted a gated gallardo as it was the first exotic car i fell in love with.

sunsalem 05-20-2019 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by dexterkatt (Post 1599435419)
Unless your Gallardo is a twin turbo, it is NOT a super car by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course not. :lol:

JerriVette 05-20-2019 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anand (Post 1599435327)
Its been a while since I posted here after owning 69 vette. I own gated Lamborghini gallardo, just wondering if anyone in here is replacing their other supercar for the C8. Why or why not?

Probably best to ask over at ferrarichat..

i would imagine those who buy the expensive italian exotics will add the c8 in addition to their beloved exotics which i can appreciate.

NY09C6 05-20-2019 08:09 PM

Why the F would someone do that?

Speednet 05-20-2019 08:10 PM

Maybe a question better posted to a Lambo or Ferrari forum.

ojm 05-20-2019 08:54 PM

Ok, what does a gated car mean anyhow? show us the dam C8 already and let us decide what the fug to buy, sheesh GM is stubborn as my farm mule.

RJ-92 05-20-2019 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ojm (Post 1599436919)
Ok, what does a gated car mean anyhow? show us the dam C8 already and let us decide what the fug to buy, sheesh GM is stubborn as my farm mule.

I would assume it to mean a proper manual trans w a gated shifter.

moon2605 05-20-2019 09:12 PM

My guess is the C8 would be an add. Not a replace. I think the Gallardo is certainly a super car. Getting a little dated but I still think a Gallardo Spyder is a sexy beast. Just my 2 cents.

blb078 05-20-2019 09:19 PM

I may or may not buy a C8, can't really comment on a car I haven't seen yet. Will I trade my Huracan or TTS for it, nope not a chance. Could trade my C7 though or keep it at my FL home to cruise around in. And if I get one it wont be right away just because I don't play the dealer markup game. I can wait it out until the hype dies down then get one.

1Sikstik 05-20-2019 09:27 PM

I am waiting to see it before I decide to pull the trigger on a huracan

NY09C6 05-20-2019 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1Sikstik (Post 1599437095)
I am waiting to see it before I decide to pull the trigger on a huracan

Buy the Hurricane you will be disappointed.

<- Life Long Corvette fan

FinsterforstFan 05-20-2019 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by blb078 (Post 1599437055)
I may or may not buy a C8, can't really comment on a car I haven't seen yet. Will I trade my Huracan or TTS for it, nope not a chance. Could trade my C7 though or keep it at my FL home to cruise around in. And if I get one it wont be right away just because I don't play the dealer markup game. I can wait it out until the hype dies down then get one.

This, hard to say until I see the final car, but no way I trade the 720S or Performante for it.

Anand 05-20-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ojm (Post 1599436919)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f9e0314074.jpg
Gated shifter

C8 would be perfect add on as a daily and gallardo or other supercars as a weekend toy. DCT and gated, best of both worlds..

I just wished c8 had a 8-9k redline screaming V8, but it looks like it'll be pushrod.

WoozyWagtail 05-20-2019 10:47 PM

I'm cross shopping the C8 and an Lp570. At one point I was at a dealership getting the paperwork sorted for a Gallardo, but then the new york unveil happened and I decided that I'm just going to wait until the official unveil before I do anything. I currently own a C6 and have had it since 2013.

At least in my situation I'm not comparing these cars on paper. The c8 will be a technically better car than any Gallardo.

The difference for me is that the Gallardo and Murcielago are cars that I have always wanted, and even though these days the value proposition isnt great, they arent the newest things, they arent the fastest things, I'd still rather have one of those than nearly anything else on the market. This isnt for everyone, but for me a Lamborghini or Ferrari is more of an emotional purchase. If the C8 winds up being ugly I'll get a refund on my deposit and buy a gallardo, fully understanding that it is going to be a "worse" car than the c8. Its just a car I like.

In the Gallardo subforum on one of the big lamborghini forums (not naming which) there is a thread exactly like this, and a lot of the posters are saying exactly what I'm saying. They didnt buy a Lamborghini because its the best car, the best value, or anything else. They bought it because its special to them in one way or another. I'm not sure if Huracan/Aventador owners fit the same mold as Gallardo/Murcielago owners, so I cant comment on that. The two generations are very different.

Anand 05-20-2019 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by moon2605 (Post 1599437016)
My guess is the C8 would be an add. Not a replace. I think the Gallardo is certainly a super car. Getting a little dated but I still think a Gallardo Spyder is a sexy beast. Just my 2 cents.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3321802bbe.jpg

13 years old, I still think it's one of prettiest cars ever made. Should be a classic in the future especially with gated shifter that Lambo discounted

Sound it makes it's unreal! F1 scream

WoozyWagtail 05-20-2019 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Anand (Post 1599437574)

13 years old, I still think it's one of prettiest cars ever made. Should be a classic in the future especially with gated shifter that Lambo discounted

Yep. I've noticed a lot of non-lamborghini forums seem to have some animosity towards Lamborghini. A lot of people just assume anyone who wants a Lamborghini wants it for attention-seeking purposes. Its kind of a shame. My current daily is a supercharged, cammed, C6 and I can say without a doubt that the lp560 I got a chance to drive is to date the best vehicle I have ever driven. They're just plain fun in a way that (in my opinion) most other cars arent.