CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Mild2Wild first impressions (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4277631-mild2wild-first-impressions.html)

pnsnkr 05-24-2019 12:03 AM

Mild2Wild first impressions

I am not really mechanically deft and I found the instructions to be quite straight-forward that I was able to get it installed in first-try; though it took me over 1/2hr to get it done.

The homelink programming of the remote was quite easy and works like a charm.

Now that I have it installed and tested it out, the biggest advantage I see is the one-click ability to switch from fully open to closed setting via the homelink.

If all you are looking for is the sound, then don't get this. The regular 'track' setting of engine management will suffice. There is really no discernible difference in audio output between a 'track' setting and Mild2Wild open setting. A few folks may chime in about how the valves are closed <1700rpm if you don't get the mild2wild but this is vastly irrelevant. Don't bother.

jbrickert 05-24-2019 05:13 AM

I put one on, easy install. However, I can't tell any difference. I run my exhaust in "Track" mode all the time. Also "Range Extender" installed.

twowinns 05-24-2019 07:02 AM

I have one, but don’t use it too much. Mainly on the highway to reduce the muffler drone, and when I leave or return to my neighborhood after 10 pm. Otherwise, I keep the exhaust on Track mode. Compared to that setting, the Mild makes a big reduction in sound.

Mine has recently stopped working, but I don’t know why. Maybe the remote battery died, but Homelink also stopped working. I recently replaced the car’s battery, so that could have de-programmed the Homelink button. I guess I’ll have to do some testing this weekend to determine the cause.

LuisZ51 05-24-2019 07:30 AM

IMO the M2W is most beneficial when you have some kind of aftermarket exhaust. It can get annoying at times or for certain people in areas where you may live.

Walt White Coupe 05-24-2019 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by LuisZ51 (Post 1599457776)
IMO the M2W is most beneficial when you have some kind of aftermarket exhaust. It can get annoying at times or for certain people in areas where you may live.

Not sure what you are saying but the M2W is designed to work with the optional GM NPP exhaust not aftermarket exhausts.

dvilin 05-24-2019 08:49 AM

Had one back in my 2008 Vette nice but always had it in the wild position. So with my last 2 Vettes just pulled the fuse as no need for quiet.

pnsnkr 05-24-2019 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe (Post 1599458072)
Not sure what you are saying but the M2W is designed to work with the optional GM NPP exhaust not aftermarket exhausts.

NPP options are available on aftermarket exhaust systems

Vetteman Jack 05-24-2019 10:03 AM

Thanks for your review of the product. No plans to buy a M2W, but good to hear the various opinions on how well the product works.

92_383LT4 05-25-2019 12:24 AM

Thanks for the review and all the additional feedbacks fro the other members.

I was was thinking about this, but like you, I just set the sound management to track mode.

Saved me some time and $$

👍🏻

Kevin A Jones 05-25-2019 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1599458148)
Had one back in my 2008 Vette nice but always had it in the wild position. So with my last 2 Vettes just pulled the fuse as no need for quiet.

Same here, just pull the fuse, not like they are blasting loud.