CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   From a dead stop! WTH (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/4281472-from-a-dead-stop-wth.html)

southofHoustonVette 06-04-2019 01:52 AM

From a dead stop! WTH

Well from a dead stop if I nail the go pedal it won’t spin or anything sort of dead on the bottom end until it gets around 2k+. It’s a 2010 corvette A6. I will also put it in manual and use the paddles and it doesn’t spin in second or anything when getting on it ??? Is it just so dumbed down from the factory and will do better once exhaust and intake is done and a dyno tune??

jonjoy 06-04-2019 10:48 AM

did you take it out of "traction control"? and once you do, do you know what to do when you get them spinning? or better yet when you take your foot of and the tires hook? careful what you wish for Mario, it will do much better after a good "tune"

subfloor@centurytrans 06-04-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by southofHoustonVette (Post 1599519853)
Well from a dead stop if I nail the go pedal it won’t spin or anything sort of dead on the bottom end until it gets around 2k+. It’s a 2010 corvette A6. I will also put it in manual and use the paddles and it doesn’t spin in second or anything when getting on it ??? Is it just so dumbed down from the factory and will do better once exhaust and intake is done and a dyno tune??

It's working as designed believe it or not.

When you floor it the PCM expects to see a rush of incoming air and with it, engine knock. In something of a "preemptive strike" to protect the motor from getting hurt it pulls a ton of timing out which is why it feels like such a slug. The car will actually launch noticeably harder if you don't completely floor it.

The good news however is that it can be tuned out by a competent tuner.

njedwardz 06-04-2019 02:11 PM

Also depends on your tire and temperature, as my PS4S tires won't spin in 2nd (or 1st if I roll in) with 550 whp. If you let your car idle for a long time and get your intake heat soaked, that'll also heavily rob power until the inrush of air can cool the intake down.

southofHoustonVette 06-04-2019 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by jonjoy (Post 1599521307)
did you take it out of "traction control"? and once you do, do you know what to do when you get them spinning? or better yet when you take your foot of and the tires hook? careful what you wish for Mario, it will do much better after a good "tune"

Yeah I did. The car runs good just saying a lot of people say they break the tires loose at since and since rpm If I am not turning and giving it gas it doesn’t break them loose. Not a bad thing I agree. Just feels like a slug. After it’s up and going like I said around 2k it runs like you think a vette should.

jbripps 06-04-2019 11:11 PM

l have an '06 Auto (that was tuned when it had aftermarket exhaust/headers with PO, now it is stock with NPP) that will break loose EASILY at launch, and if still on it, will chirp and break loose a bit shifting into second, and a nice chirp going into third....get a tune. While I don't do that often, it is fun (when conditions permit of course). That is without activating, or deactivating anything. Traction assist will display when it spins......Jon

rc51racer 06-05-2019 09:04 AM

never had that problem with 6 Speed...must be with autos only
:cool:

southofHoustonVette 06-10-2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by jbripps (Post 1599525477)
l have an '06 Auto (that was tuned when it had aftermarket exhaust/headers with PO, now it is stock with NPP) that will break loose EASILY at launch, and if still on it, will chirp and break loose a bit shifting into second, and a nice chirp going into third....get a tune. While I don't do that often, it is fun (when conditions permit of course). That is without activating, or deactivating anything. Traction assist will display when it spins......Jon

Yeah I don’t have any action like that. I need a tune dang it Drove it today in the mode for paddle shift and rolling at 40mph and nailing it barley would spin not enough to get the traction control on even on a wet road.

Curt D 06-11-2019 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jbripps (Post 1599525477)

Wonder if they completely shut off your TQ management...which is not a good thing.

919cw313 06-11-2019 12:04 PM

Supercharge it.

meadowz06 06-11-2019 08:53 PM

Do a forum search on torque management. Very complex. And your C6 has torque management.

southofHoustonVette 06-12-2019 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Curt D (Post 1599562262)
Wonder if they completely shut off your TQ management...which is not a good thing.

Who would have done that? And is there a fix for it ?

Curt D 06-12-2019 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by southofHoustonVette (Post 1599569820)
Who would have done that? And is there a fix for it ?

I was replying to jbripps.
But...a tuner can alter the tq management. It's not good to shut it off.

southofHoustonVette 06-12-2019 01:01 PM

Understand sorry. Yeah my car just fee very slow and sort of a turd on the low or bottom end and unless you put it in the paddle shift mode and get the rpms to around 2.5 or 3k it feels like my wife’s Ford Flex

jim2527 06-12-2019 01:26 PM

What gear ratio in the back? 2.56? Then just give it up....

southofHoustonVette 06-12-2019 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jim2527 (Post 1599570143)
What gear ratio in the back? 2.56? Then just give it up....

Give what up. And whatever stock is

Aerovette 06-12-2019 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans (Post 1599521940)
It's working as designed believe it or not.

When you floor it the PCM expects to see a rush of incoming air and with it, engine knock. In something of a "preemptive strike" to protect the motor from getting hurt it pulls a ton of timing out which is why it feels like such a slug. The car will actually launch noticeably harder if you don't completely floor it.

The good news however is that it can be tuned out by a competent tuner.

Was this true of the C5 as well? I recall my C5 seeming fairly gutless when stomping it from a dead stop. Oddly, every now and then, it launched like its ass was on fire.

jim2527 06-12-2019 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by southofHoustonVette (Post 1599570191)
Give what up. And whatever stock is

Stock rear ratio is 2.56. Optional ratio was 2.73 depending on Z51 package or not. A6 has a very low first gear but that 2.56 is high. There's not you can go about the gears hence my 'give it up' comment.

2.56rear X 4.03first = 10 which is decent. Any chance that in 'D' its shifting to 2nd gear real quick?

damascus1986 06-12-2019 06:10 PM

get a tune should help alot

southofHoustonVette 06-13-2019 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by damascus1986 (Post 1599571912)
get a tune should help alot

That’s what I was figuring. Looking at exhaust and stuff now and a good intake. Get all that done and tune it. See where it’s at. Don’t get me wrong the car runs good. Just figure it should break loose the tires a little