CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   4 Fatal flaws of the Mustang (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/4281841-4-fatal-flaws-of-the-mustang.html)

Mcrider 06-05-2019 04:51 AM

4 Fatal flaws of the Mustang

I found this very interesting.

Raid1 06-06-2019 01:26 AM

And, the morons on the Camaro Team delivered TWO generations that you can't even SEE out of, making them death traps.
Both garbage cars.
Ford is an evil company for exploiting loyal Mustang buyers with that solid rear axle for FIFTY years.

Can't wait for the 7th Gen Camaro.

TrackAire 06-06-2019 02:49 PM

The biggest flaw is the idiot that made that video and the total mis-information that is stated. Solid axle cars can't handle?....yeah right. No limited slips?....wrong again. Wheel hop.....really? Traction control issues? The only issue is the asshat behind the wheel of all those Mustangs crashing or losing control.

What a waste of bandwidth.

TLS_Addict 06-06-2019 05:11 PM

The "Can't see of day Camero!" crap. Lol blown out of proportion. Learn to fucking drive. Use your mirrors, ur your head. For fucks sake....

Raid1 06-06-2019 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict (Post 1599536472)
The "Can't see of day Camero!" crap. Lol blown out of proportion. Learn to fucking drive. Use your mirrors, ur your head. For fucks sake....

Impressive vocabulary you have there. You're incapable of even spelling Camaro correctly, let alone formulating a proper sentence.
Just learning English since climbing over the wall?
Tell us about your car collection, and your racing history, that allows you to judge someone who's been daily driving new stick shift Corvettes, and doing track days with both 9-second cars and bikes, since before you were born.

FAUEE 06-06-2019 06:26 PM

The flaw with the mustang is its low price. That means anyone can afford them, and then they wreck them because they have more car than they can handle. These inexperienced drivers (not necessarily due to young age) have a tendency to be overly confident and also overcorrect, leading to what you see in all the videos. You can literally watch them do this in most of these videos.

68ACADIAN 06-06-2019 08:44 PM

I chalk it up to lack of experience. Horsepower is different in today's cars. It's not like it was all those days ago. It's getting to the rear wheels easier nowadays.

TLS_Addict 06-07-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Raid1 (Post 1599536532)
Impressive vocabulary you have there. You're incapable of even spelling Camaro correctly, let alone formulating a proper sentence.
Just learning English since climbing over the wall?
Tell us about your car collection, and your racing history, that allows you to judge someone who's been daily driving new stick shift Corvettes, and doing track days with both 9-second cars and bikes, since before you were born.

Spelling Camaro incorrectly was done purposely. Apparently you have missed my build thread regarding my own Camaro.

Nice racist remarks, friend. Born and raised in the north east, family is from English/Irish/German blood lines. I have a fair complexion, blonde hair and blue eyes and I can't dance, so you know I'm telling the truth.

Currently I have no car collection, only two vehicles in my name. Had lots over the years though that I would gladly discuss. Some fast, some not.

As far as racing goes I have only been able to spend a little time on a road course (Watkins Glen) and it wasn't my car so I was very easy with it. For drag racing I have run quite a few cars. Moderately built 81 Camaro, nothing fancy, just some suspension work, mild small block, converter, 3.90 gears...etc So pretty much the norm. Bone stock 2000 Z28 that did just exhaust, gears, tranny tune that ran well but a converter would have helped dramatically. Both of my C6's I bought new were in the staging lanes at about 1k miles each, so just broken in 6 speed cars. The best I could get on the runflats (stock pressure) was a whopping 12.7@115. the car would roll off the start should you take your foot off the brake. The 2013 was NRBM and at 3k miles I put a blower on it. After full exhaust and a smaller pulley it made good power but with Florida heat I battled heat soak constantly. I have also had 4 other Vettes and an LS1 GTO that was a great car. Oh, and an 84 Z28 that was kinda neat when I was young, a slow ass 98 GT Mustang I bought cheap, fixed, and made a little money on, a cool little Mercury Capri 5.0 RS with the 4 speed SROD tranny. Also had a 69 Camaro I bought when I was 19 that I sold just before I left for Florida. I had trucks, SUV's and other cars but nothing worth mentioning.

So 5 stick shift Corvettes (2 of them bought new), 1 stick shift Camaro (check out my build thread), 1 stick shift Mustang/Capri, and 1 stick shift GTO.

As far as bikes, only raced a few down the track. My 2012 Victory Hammer was in the staging lanes at 600 miles. I had the oil changed so I could go see how it would do. At a slow track with no burnout, no tire drop, and me piloting it I still was able to pull off some high 12 second time slips. Not terrible and about .3 slower there than other northeastern tracks. As far as other bikes. Man, where to start! I grew up on dirt with an MX80, as I got older my taste changed to be able to ride roads so I had an XT 350 and 600. Both red and white, fun bikes but soft suspension if you tried to push them hard off-road. The 600 was heavy but was better for the highway that the 350. When I got to street bikes I found an old KZ1100 with low miles just sitting in a barn. Perfect candidate to rebuild! Did the carbs, exhaust, had it painted, new bars, found a tank, side covers and a plastic rear fender off another that had a bad motor and had them Painted a pretty copper color with white pin striping. It was a nice bike and fun ....but crazy trying to take fast corners. lol I did the same thing with an 86 Ninja 1000. It only had 9k miles, I had to save it. All it needed was carbs cleaned and a new tank. It was bone stock and a cool bike to ride. And for what it was it was quick but not the best handler. It it was ok. Those old 16" Diablos stuck well but I did experience kickback a few times. The front brakes were single pistons but worked well. The 96 GPZ 1100 was fun. I had a Corbin seat on it with he backrest for my girlfriend. I think it had 3,800 miles on it when I got it. We put a lot of miles on together had the bags for day trips. I swapped to a 180 rear tire, ran Pirellis on it a few times and liked them. They were the dual compound so I got decent miles out of them. I rode that bike to college a lot. Only mods were a Micron 4-1 header with oval race can and a jet kit. It was pretty quick but still usable for down low putting around. Didn't need to shift a ton. I had 1" risers on it, taller windshield, grip heaters and an alarm just in case. I also had a 1997 Suzuki TL1000S. What a bike! So much fun. I had M3s on it as well as tried the Conti Attacks. Awesome tires with quicker turn in. Front tire was more V shaped. I did the -1/+2 setup, full Yosh exhaust (expensive and hard to fine complete exhaust) and a programmer. Little taller windshield and that was it. It would pull the front wheel at will. Then one day I stumbled on a really cool bike. A 2005 ZX-12R. It came with a few mods but they were cosmetic only. I gutted the air box, +2 rear sprocket, full exhaust, power programmer and a little taller windshield. It was a hoot. Great road burner.

You're right, I don't have much experience with cars or bikes. Both subjects are completely foreign to me. Typing on my phone, apologies in advance for mistakes. :)

The_Dude 06-07-2019 10:54 AM

This is great.

SLO VETTE 06-08-2019 12:32 PM

The only fatal design flaw is the round thing that sits on top of the Mustang drivers' body. It's generally a little smaller than a basketball. Also contains two eyes, and a brain, among other things.

Sunset-C6 06-17-2019 05:02 PM

The only fatal flaw is the person in the driver seat......operator error.

sublime1996525 06-21-2019 11:06 AM

:lurk:

SK '08 06-28-2019 12:51 PM

The video is a great reminder that I don't have a Mustang anymore. :D Good thing I never crashed it, in like 28k miles over 6 yrs. But the handling was too dramatic.
So a few yrs ago, traded my '11 GT in for my '08 Corvette. Best handling car I have ever owned !! :thumbs: