CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Mustang to Corvette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4283389-mustang-to-corvette.html)

Grand_Wish 06-09-2019 09:51 AM

Mustang to Corvette

I really do not know where to start with this conversation as it has been in the works for about 3mos and finally came to fruition last night when I purchased my very first EVER Corvette. Many are saying welcome to the dark side due to the fact I come from the Mustang family in which I have owned several stangs including a Shelby gt350 I still miss BTW.....I consider it a turning page in my life

This story became a reality when one day out of curiosity I stopped by a dealership to test drive a GS that had been there a while and was on sale and the sales guy said would I like to drive it....... and of course I said what the hell....and what happened next I have no words to describe it except it was like a magic spell was cast on me. Never in a 100yrs would I believe I a (FORD guy) think of owning a Corvette because I already had it in my mine before driving this magnificent machine that I would be uncomfortable and out of place so I wasn't worried I would get pulled into liking or even considering a Corvette. But due to my indecisiveness, the car ended up getting sold before I could make up my mind.

So last night I stopped at the dealership again and asked by chance is there any more manual corvettes being delivered as time was winding down and lo and behold a SHADOW GRAY 2LT manual was on the way. I am a firm believer things happen for a reason. In the end, I really got the one I wanted. :)

Life is too short so I will say to others enjoy your life as it was meant to be..... I look forward to reading and sharing stories with the Corvette community.

I will post pics once it has been delivered which I was told this Friday if all goes well which BTW is my birthday. That will be one hell of a present I must say!

RBarnes 06-09-2019 10:17 AM

That's an awesome story. Congratulations and welcome to the world of Corvette!!

And welcome to the Corvette Forum. Make sure you post some pics of your new ride as soon as you can.

Most importantly, get out there and drive it like you stole it. Enjoy and Happy Birthday!!

:cheers:

Zjoe6 06-09-2019 10:19 AM

The Grand Sport has a very planted feel to it that can really be addicting. Looks like you got bitten. Congrat's.

Kevin A Jones 06-09-2019 10:25 AM

Great story. My last new Corvette purchase (since my current '17 GS vert) was a new 1975 when I was 17. I've had dozens of C2-C3s over the years, however, like you, when I test drove the C7 I had to have one. An Amazing sportscar.

Internets_Ninja 06-09-2019 10:26 AM

Congrats. You are going to wonder why you didn't come over to Corvette life sooner. Great color choice too!

Oh and the obligatory:

:worthlessnopics:

Grand_Wish 06-09-2019 10:39 AM

Thanks to all! I can not believe this is real...Yes, I will post a soon as I have her in my hands. So many things I have to prepare for such as tint for one (NC summer). Hardly slept last night going through the motions!

555ctsv 06-09-2019 10:40 AM

Welcome and congrats on the C7! Bet this week os gonna feel like a long one waiting for Friday to get here :)

gliot1 06-09-2019 11:47 AM

I too went from a Mustang to a Corvette years ago. While tge Mustang was a fun performance car, it didnt hold a candle to the Corvette. I have Mustang buddies who THINK a Mustang is as good or even better, yet refuse to climb in and try the Vette...I think they are afraid of eating crow. While every trade rag or test result show how more advanced a Corvette is they refuse to believe it. The Mustang's competition is really the Camaro or Challenger. There are physical attributes that will never allow it to perform as well as a Corvette. I think it is more penis envy than anything....lol.

lakemg 06-09-2019 12:57 PM

It's not welcome to the dark side, it's good bye to the dark side. Congratulations on your GS. The C7 is one hell of a ride!

traderfjp 06-09-2019 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_Wish (Post 1599550417)

Life is too short so I will say to others enjoy your life as it was meant to be..... I look forward to reading and sharing stories with the Corvette community.

I will post pics once it has been delivered which I was told this Friday if all goes well which BTW is my birthday. That will be one hell of a present I must say!

Remember this quote when you don't want to take t he car out in the rain.

joemessman 06-09-2019 01:06 PM

I have always said that if you don't ever want to buy a Corvette don't take one for a test drive. You got a good one! :thumbs:

dvilin 06-09-2019 01:18 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Corgidog1 06-09-2019 01:29 PM

The vette is compared to super cars while the mustang is compared to challengers and camaros.

congrats and happy motoring.

dave_2012_tt 06-09-2019 02:34 PM

Welcome to the corvette experience. I recently watched a video on the recent mustand...I think the name was 350r...it was a compare video with the camero zl1?

Anyway...the mustang looked pretty good....some of it was news to me. Over 600hp, that got ride of the solid axle in back, now independent, and it offers mag ride. They also improved the looks a lot...at least in my opinion. I would still purchase a corvette over it but it one had the means I could see for owning both.

welcome

Rebel Yell 06-09-2019 02:45 PM

Congratulations my Tar Heel brother. Looking forward to pictures when you get the beauty home.

Mcrider 06-09-2019 02:51 PM

There isn't a better road trip car than a Corvette. Being a Mustang guy you already know cars don't melt in the rain, something some here have never figured out.

Drive it and enjoy..

Kvou812 06-09-2019 02:59 PM

My problem with the Mustang...as well as the Camaro and Challenger is that they are everywhere and not a big enough difference between the base V6 / ecoboost versions and the top of the line models To the average person they don't know if its a base ecoboost or GT-500, its just another Mustang to them.

JK 23112 06-09-2019 03:12 PM

Mustang to Corvette

Welcome aboard!!

I've had four Mustangs in my life - all GT coupes with a manual transmission. They are wonderful cars, but the Corvette is clearly in a different class. They are also more exclusive than "a dime a dozen" Mustangs & Camaros.

Drive it and be prepared to smile endlessly. If you ever open your garage door just to look at it, remember that it is perfectly normal behavior. No need to worry.

TXSteveF 06-09-2019 03:15 PM

I was at my Ford dealer where I buy my trucks and they had a GT350 in the showroom and I asked if they’d do anything on the price and he said yes, they’d probably add $10-$12K. I said WTH that’s what I paid for my “loaded” GS. No way for the same price because the Corvette is a much better car. Congrats and welcome. You’re gonna love it.

jdk541 06-09-2019 03:18 PM

Welcome and Congratulations on the upgrade. :cheers: