CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   The scoop Is fake! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4283621-the-scoop-is-fake.html)

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 08:53 PM

The scoop Is fake!

Screenshot from the latest video in the other thread. I was beginning to think the scoop was fake lately. It just doesn't seem right for it to have a scoop for a naturally aspirated LT2., plus the lines just do not seem right. There should be plenty of cooling from the front vents. Perhaps the TT C8s will have a scoop. But it doesn't look like the N/A base model Stingray will. Maybe we can get some new renders now with that whole panel just closed right up with no scoop.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...885146caed.jpg

TTRotary 06-09-2019 09:08 PM

There has to be a way to get air intake back there. Running oil and coolant to the front of the car adds unnecessary weight. And when the boosted versions come out, they will need intercooling as well - again not practical to have in the front of the car. Just look at any other mid engine car and you will see how much intake capability you need. The Ford GT gives a good idea of how much is needed once you get into the very powerful engines, and even the base C8, with 500HP, qualifies as a "powerful engine", meaning it needs lots of cooling.

That said, I agree that the scoop we have seen so far is probably not what the actual car will look like, and even the location may be different.

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1599553676)
There has to be a way to get air intake back there. Running oil and coolant to the front of the car adds unnecessary weight. And when the boosted versions come out, they will need intercooling as well - again not practical to have in the front of the car. Just look at any other mid engine car and you will see how much intake capability you need. The Ford GT gives a good idea of how much is needed once you get into the very powerful engines, and even the base C8, with 500HP, qualifies as a "powerful engine", meaning it needs lots of cooling.

Perhaps there will be a duct running through the doors that receives air front the front intakes and then exhausts it through the rear vents. The rear vents are at that level so it is possible. There could also be an intake under the car. We'll find out next month

Kodiak Bear 06-09-2019 09:18 PM

I LOVE IT.

Three cheers to the GM camo people!!!!:cheers:

Be neat if the base version had no scoops at that location and then the later high performance version did.

Round and round we go.:woohoo:

bbbvettes.com 06-09-2019 09:18 PM

A few things... is that possibly a fine mesh screen?

Second, is there a possibility the duct goes up and to the right, and you just did not realize it went up that way

Is that a heat exchanger perhaps?

I don't believe the scoop is "fake"... it has function.

chazcron 06-09-2019 09:27 PM

You scoop truthers are hilarious. This is our best look into it and one can actually can see the inevitable screen, which does look pretty far forward relative to the rear wheel. The blade is seen going back in and possibly running back toward the rear of the door. Even in your screen cap, ZV, there is no way to reconcile the body line of the door butting up against the front of the rear wheel area and then disappearing under the top of the rear wheel well. Having modeled the dang thing, I can tell you that in the absence of a scoop, the design would look awkward and wrong. I won't waste my time remodeling the whole door area to prove anything to you truthers. I understand there is no convincing you of any particular thing, so I'll leave it up to the reveal. If you want to see what the car looks like without a scoop there, find yourself a true believer with Photoshop skills and convince him to adapt any of my renders. I won't waste my time with that either.

Either way, it is a cool video that actual put a camera into the scoop area, proved the flat spot above the taillight hockey sticks are both reflectors and not back up lights. I only wish they had held the camera looking into the headlight bucket.

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by chazcron (Post 1599553786)
You scoop truthers are hilarious. This is our best look into it and one can actually can see the inevitable screen, which does look pretty far forward relative to the rear wheel. The blade is seen going back in and possibly running back toward the rear of the door. Even in your screen cap, ZV, there is no way to reconcile the body line of the door butting up against the front of the rear wheel area and then disappearing under the top of the rear wheel well. Having modeled the dang thing, I can tell you that in the absence of a scoop, the design would look awkward and wrong. I won't waste my time remodeling the whole door area to prove anything to you truthers. I understand there is no convincing you of any particular thing, so I'll leave it up to the reveal. If you want to see what the car looks like without a scoop there, find yourself a true believer with Photoshop skills and convince him to adapt any of my renders. I won't waste my time with that either.

Either way, it is a cool video that actual put a camera into the scoop area, proved the flat spot above the taillight hockey sticks are both reflectors and not back up lights. I only wish they had held the camera looking into the headlight bucket.

The whole panel right there is fake

Tennis & Golf Nut 06-09-2019 09:38 PM

I've said this many time in several posts "Fake News."

We may see a Scoop but way smaller.

That thing is bigger than Oprah.

Big Lebowski 06-09-2019 09:44 PM

You guys and your tin hats...the scoop is real. Get over it.

pietro c7 06-09-2019 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut (Post 1599553851)
I've said this many time in several posts "Fake News."

We may see a Scoop but way smaller.

That thing is bigger than Oprah.

I agree,I’m expecting a very subtle scoop on this base model....it reassures me big time....

As for future high performance models ...expect dumbo ears for scoops and tack ons galore..

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski (Post 1599553884)
You guys and your tin hats...the scoop is real. Get over it.

Ok flat earther

Keith@VetteFinders 06-09-2019 09:52 PM

Radiator or heat exchanger:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...cd4cd3cd78.jpg

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Keith@VetteFinders (Post 1599553927)

Fake screen

norge1956 06-09-2019 09:55 PM

I guess to didnt wait for the close up?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b74c744ed0.jpg

kratedisease 06-09-2019 09:57 PM

Bird strike !!!

ojm 06-09-2019 10:00 PM

Can't see a fake with the size in camo?? fake would be Mustang tacky.

WoozyWagtail 06-09-2019 11:29 PM

How can anyone possibly look at this and think its fake? Seriously, can someone educate me? What is fake? Its a gigantic hole in the car. Its very clearly a big hole the same size as the scoop opening leading to a radiator, intercooler, filter, or who knows what that is.

I dont understand the "fake screen" comments. You guys are aware the engine is in the back, right? I'm just not sure what you think should be there that isnt. Anyone who doesnt understand why an engine needs air may want to look up some kind of "engines 101" course.

Zora_Vette 06-09-2019 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by WoozyWagtail (Post 1599554313)
How can anyone possibly look at this and think its fake? Seriously, can someone educate me? What is fake? Its a gigantic hole in the car. Its very clearly a big hole the same size as the scoop opening leading to a radiator, intercooler, filter, or who knows what that is.

I dont understand the "fake screen" comments. You guys are aware the engine is in the back, right? I'm just not sure what you think should be there that isnt. Anyone who doesnt understand why an engine needs air may want to look up some kind of "engines 101" course.

Oh duh I thought it was in the front :crazy2:
Can someone please inform this guy?

WICKEDFRC 06-09-2019 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com (Post 1599553744)
A few things... is that possibly a fine mesh screen?

Second, is there a possibility the duct goes up and to the right, and you just did not realize it went up that way

Is that a heat exchanger perhaps?

I don't believe the scoop is "fake"... it has function.

Agreed. To what extent is soon to be seen.

4thC4at60 06-09-2019 11:45 PM

Lotta heat in mid-engines..... scoops are real on my 30-year-old 328 GTB Ferrari one scoop furnishes direct-filtered-air into box for FI....
3.2L V8 oil cooler runs all around the car - 10L of oil.... dual fans for radiators and air louvers to ensure cool air comes into radiators ....

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bc929d7f28.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1f631ad270.jpg