CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2019 Corvette Stingrays starting at $43,867 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4283739-2019-corvette-stingrays-starting-at-43-867-a.html)

MrClean21 06-10-2019 09:07 AM

2019 Corvette Stingrays starting at $43,867

Bomnin Corvette Offering New 2019 Corvette Stingrays Starting at $43,867.

This came from the CorvetteBlogger.com but I couldn't copy and paste the address on my phone. Says it has 268 available.

dvilin 06-10-2019 09:16 AM

Read the fine print to make sure it is not one of those that you have to qualify for the 3k loyalty, and every other discount out there including recent college graduate.

Akcajunz 06-10-2019 09:23 AM

I just looked at the Bomnin Chevy Website in Miami, FL. and they do in fact have a ton of 1LT's at that price range...they also have a few Z06's (1LZ) at the $69K price ($84K MSRP). If someone doesn't mind the 1LT or 1LZ, this is a great price for for brand new 2019's. If I were looking to upgrade to a Z06...Id definitely be looking into this...

Mike Campbell 06-10-2019 09:30 AM

They do have a ton of cars over there but I'd advise anyone to check them out everywhere you can. My experience was not so good but maybe yours will be better. Just saying.

rogergcam 06-10-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1599555401)
Read the fine print to make sure it is not one of those that you have to qualify for the 3k loyalty, and every other discount out there including recent college graduate.

I was just at their web site, and all I could find were 1LT trim levels. Here is a cut and past from their site with some of the "fine print":
"Price is valid when it originates from an internet advertisement. New Car Internet prices include all applicable factory incentives in lieu of special interest rate. Dealer service/document fee of $895.00, electronic fee of $398.75, Tax, tag/registration fee and any finance charges are not included on quoted price. Internet price subject to change without notice to correct errors or omissions or in the event of inventory fluctuations. MSRP is provided by the manufacturer for informational purposes only. Accessories and color may vary. Standard features are based upon trim level. Price does not include dealer installed options or equipment. All features are not available for all vehicles..."
:party::party::party:

Nick B 06-10-2019 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by rogergcam (Post 1599555533)
New Car Internet prices include all applicable factory incentives in lieu of special interest rate. Price does not include dealer installed options or equipment."

These two lines are what I would be concerned about. They applied every factory incentive available even if you don't qualify for it. Plus they probably added some "dealer installed" options too.

rogergcam 06-10-2019 09:59 AM

Yea, me TOO!

SilverGhost 06-10-2019 10:03 AM

just to be fair to the dealers that don't try to give you three haircuts, note the fine print Dealer fee of $895, and the "electronic fee" of $398.75. There are no magic dealers, all dance to the GM discount tune, and very few, if any, throw any skin into the game. But that don't mean they don't try to skin the buyer. For comparison, my "dealer fee" for my Z06/Z07 purchase May 31 was $75, with NO electronic fee.

JDSKY 06-10-2019 10:40 AM

For some reason these threads keep coming up as if C7 prices are on the steep decline when in fact the discount rates most dealers are offering have been unchanged all spring, only difference being the GM incentives which not all buyers qualify for. The OP needs to add at a minimum $1200 to that internet price as no dealer I have ever done business with past present or future charges more than $75 - $150 for documentation and/or any miscellaneous fees of any kind. It's the first question I ask when speaking to a dealer I have not previously done business with and nobody should pay these kind's of fee's that get tacked on and that only appear right before you sign on the dotted line. Most that charge them, as this dealer does, hides them in the fine print knowing the majority of buyers walking in the door won't bother to read it. They then also will just swallow them when all that is left to finish the deal is put a signature on the bottom of a sales contract.

jh225 06-10-2019 10:47 AM

. Dealer service/document fee of $895.00, electronic fee of $398.75,
::

Just add $1200 for our doc fees and any other crap we can think of to gouge the customer.

2 words come to mind.............Fuck That.

Corgidog1 06-10-2019 11:26 AM

What a sleeze ball ad. The doc fee of 895 is the highest I have ever seen and an electronic fee- what is that. Plus unknown add ons. I wouldn’t go near that dealer with a10 ft pole.

tcinla 06-10-2019 11:33 AM

What's an 'Electronic fee' and is it per electron or are protons not included at no fee?

direct007 06-10-2019 11:45 AM

Here is the fine print... Bottom line, you aren't walking out of Bomnin paying anywhere near $43,867:

*Disclaimer on prices: Prices include all available factory rebates and incentives in lieu of special factory rate. Prices are valid when deal originate from internet advertisement,with approved credit or cash,must present ad. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information included on this site is accurate, neither Chevrolet nor the dealer can guarantee that the inventory shown will be available at the dealership. All inventory listed is subject to prior sale. Manufacturer incentives and Bomnin Chevrolet Savings and Allowances may expire at any time. Prices are valid on day of publication only. Offers cannot be combined. Internet prices already include all applicable manufacturer rebates and incentives (in lieu of the GM special finance rate) which are subject to manufacturer incentive or rebate qualification criteria and requirements, and which may be contingent upon manufacturer finance company approval. Price is valid when it originates from an internet advertisement. New Car Internet prices include all applicable factory incentives in lieu of special interest rate. Dealer service/document fee of $895.00, electronic fee of $398.75, Tax, tag/registration fee and any finance charges are not included on quoted price. Internet price subject to change without notice to correct errors or omissions or in the event of inventory fluctuations. MSRP is provided by the manufacturer for informational purposes only. Accessories and color may vary. Standard features are based upon trim level. Price does not include dealer installed options or equipment. All features are not available for all vehicles. Please contact the store by email or phone for more details and availability of factory incentives. Neither dealer nor its affiliates will be responsible for typographical or other errors, including data transmission, display, or software errors that may appear on the site. EPA estimates only. Bomnin Chevrolet will NOT sell or lease New Vehicles in the states of Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon. New Vehicles are for sale or lease to the Ultimate Consumer Only. No Sales or Leases to Auto Dealers, Dealer Agents, Management, Salespersons, or other employees of Dealers, Leasing Companies, Brokers, Exporters, Etc. Bomnin Chevrolet will NOT sell or lease a New Vehicle to any person whose name, address, or business appears on the General Motors Suspected Exporter Manifest. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers. Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.MPG estimates on this website are EPA estimates; your actual mileage may vary. For used vehicles, MPG estimates are EPA estimates for the vehicle when it was new. The EPA periodically modifies its MPG calculation methodology; all MPG estimates are based on the methodology in effect when the vehicles were new (please see the “Fuel Economy” portion of the EPA’s website for details, including a MPG recalculation tool).The features and options listed are for the new 2019 Chevrolet Corvette and may not apply to this specific vehicle.Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.

blackvettegray 06-10-2019 11:50 AM

Avoid this dealership at all costs. They will quote you one price via email which includes all incentives including ones you do not get. Once you get to the dealership, price will be higher.

$895 dealer fee is added to all leases and purchases.
$395 Doc fee is for them doing the paper work. Nothing else.
Plus taxes, tag fee, and registration fee.

Unfortunately in FL the dealer fee goes up the further south you go. That is why MacMulin Chevrolet sells so many cars to FL residents.

Just did a deal with MacMulin Chevrolet and even with $1600 in shipping costs it was cheaper than any dealership in FL and less aggrivation.

Null Pointer 06-10-2019 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JDSKY (Post 1599555905)
For some reason these threads keep coming up as if C7 prices are on the steep decline when in fact the discount rates most dealers are offering have been unchanged all spring, only difference being the GM incentives which not all buyers qualify for. The OP needs to add at a minimum $1200 to that internet price as no dealer I have ever done business with past present or future charges more than $75 - $150 for documentation and/or any miscellaneous fees of any kind. It's the first question I ask when speaking to a dealer I have not previously done business with and nobody should pay these kind's of fee's that get tacked on and that only appear right before you sign on the dotted line. Most that charge them, as this dealer does, hides them in the fine print knowing the majority of buyers walking in the door won't bother to read it. They then also will just swallow them when all that is left to finish the deal is put a signature on the bottom of a sales contract.

All the Honda, Toyota, and most other dealers around Jacksonville, FL charge the same kind of fees. I had never heard of doc fees that high until I came to Florida. Florida has a system where they keep your title in electronic format. Aside from the DMV fees for creating the new vehicle title electronically, the dealer fee to do it is over and above the DMV fees. Again, all the dealers are climbing onto that "electronic fee" bandwagon. Just ridiculous. It must be a Florida thing.

flynbulldog 06-10-2019 12:28 PM

I guess this type of tactic works on some people but even if you add in the stupidly high fees and the incentives that most buyers wont qualify for it may still be a decent price - but at that point who cares? You feel like you've been lied to and put through a gauntlet of deception and underhanded dealings. At that point I dont care about the low price I just want to punch the asshat in nose and GtFO of there. I'd rather pay full price from a guy I trust and who is honest and upfront with me from the beginning than go through all that underhanded BS. I HATE dealers that operate like these guys.

I talked with Mike Furman several times over a year before I bought my Vette. He was always completely upfront and honest with me from the very first phone call, and when I went to pay with the finance guy there were absolutely no surprises, everything he told me was exactly what we paid. Buying from Mike was a great experience all the way through - and we got a good discount as well.

Rebel Yell 06-10-2019 01:11 PM

I was just at their web site, and all I could find were 1LT trim levels. Here is a cut and past from their site with some of the "fine print":
"Price is valid when it originates from an internet advertisement. New Car Internet prices include all applicable factory incentives in lieu of special interest rate. Dealer service/document fee of $895.00, electronic fee of $398.75, Tax, tag/registration fee and any finance charges are not included on quoted price. Internet price subject to change without notice to correct errors or omissions or in the event of inventory fluctuations. MSRP is provided by the manufacturer for informational purposes only. Accessories and color may vary. Standard features are based upon trim level. Price does not include dealer installed options or equipment. All features are not available for all vehicles..."

That's where they recoup some of their loses. I mean, a $395.00 electronic filing fee. Dayum that's high without even mentioning the 895 bucks for Doc. fees.

cuspid 06-10-2019 01:19 PM

All Florida dealers add dealer fees, the worst in the country for them. State law they have to handle tag work all charge $400 plus delivery fees. Salesman doesn't get paid on these fees just the owner

The Carrot Cake Kid 06-10-2019 01:35 PM

Dealt with Bomnin of Manassas last year. Came to an agreement on a price and then they added a $1000 fee and tried to get me to pay tax before any applied discounts. Guy I dealt with pretty much told me take it or leave it and I walked away from them.

tta1415 06-10-2019 02:32 PM

The internet advertised price at Les Stanford was $76,080.00, for my new 2019 Z06 Sebring Orange1LZ A8.
MSRP was $84,710: I paid $75,703.00 and a $220 doc fee.
Of course, I got my $3000 GM loyalty discount, and I had to pay Michigan sales tax.
Overall, the price was what they advertised, there were absolutely no games and I didn't have to haggle back and forth;
I wrote a check, the car is paid in full and I'm happy.