CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   Huntington Chevy - Stay Away (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/4284582-huntington-chevy-stay-away.html)

Stroker_9 06-12-2019 02:59 PM

Huntington Chevy - Stay Away

Went there for an oil change at 7:30am. First time going to this service department. Sitting in the waiting area and I hear my Z start up and immediately the person starts revving the shit out of the car, then takes off fast to get to the back of the service department. 2-minutes later another Z that was there for service gets started and the person revs the shit out of that too. Nobody in the service department even looks up from their screens or say's anything, but the other people waiting in the service department next to me all looked around when they heard it and saw from my expression that I was not happy.

I guess that's acceptable at this service department to drive people's highly modified cars anyway they want. I will not be back.

Redc8z06 06-12-2019 03:14 PM

If that was my car they would have heard from me loud and clear that wasn't acceptable.

Stroker_9 06-12-2019 04:09 PM

ohhh they did. :D

FRED HAMBLE 06-13-2019 08:54 AM

Good to know. Took my GS to Roberts Chevy in Hicksville. No issues. Great service

gn85 06-13-2019 10:09 AM

Have you left reviews on Yelp or Google?

Stroker_9 06-13-2019 11:27 AM

Will have to give Roberts a go next oil change. I only bring my Z to the Chevy dealers for oil changes, but so far I'm 0-2 (Smithtown and now Huntington). Smithtown was great up until the Corvette mechanic left (went to Vette Dr's).

Have not left a review yet.

aw305 06-13-2019 08:24 PM

ask for ozzy at roberts

Bmwmike 06-16-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stroker_9 (Post 1599570723)
Went there for an oil change at 7:30am. First time going to this service department. Sitting in the waiting area and I hear my Z start up and immediately the person starts revving the shit out of the car, then takes off fast to get to the back of the service department. 2-minutes later another Z that was there for service gets started and the person revs the shit out of that too. Nobody in the service department even looks up from their screens or say's anything, but the other people waiting in the service department next to me all looked around when they heard it and saw from my expression that I was not happy.

I guess that's acceptable at this service department to drive people's highly modified cars anyway they want. I will not be back.

That is exactly what they want is for you not to comeback. Its a shame but they don't profit of working on our cars so if you never come back they succeeded. Even tings that are under warranty for my car I end up buying the parts and installing myself cause I know how the car will be treated.
\

oemtech 06-16-2019 06:18 PM

If that was my car.... I would had very latge piece that guys ass.

Stroker_9 06-17-2019 09:45 AM

Finally had an opportunity to write a google review. Hopefully that will deter some other Corvette owners from going there.

449er 06-18-2019 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bmwmike (Post 1599593979)
That is exactly what they want is for you not to comeback. Its a shame but they don't profit of working on our cars so if you never come back they succeeded. Even tings that are under warranty for my car I end up buying the parts and installing myself cause I know how the car will be treated.
\

What? "They" don't profit working on cars? I got news for you...that's where dealers make most of their money, not by selling new cars but in the service...geez

Bmwmike 06-21-2019 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 449er (Post 1599605735)
What? "They" don't profit working on cars? I got news for you...that's where dealers make most of their money, not by selling new cars but in the service...geez

Correct. Performing an oil change on the original posters Corvette cost the dealership money. By the time they paid the tech paid for the oil and filter it was a loser for the dealer. But dont take my advice I am only a service manager of a car dealer ship for over 8 years now. What would I know. And yes certain fluid services the dealer does profit on such has brake fluid and coolant flushes. And no the service is not where the majority of the money is made. The money is made when the customer sits in the fiancee office and buys warranties. at the end of every month we review the numbers. I know exactly where it comes from.

Rescue Rogers 06-22-2019 07:47 AM

warranty work nets them nothing, they usually treat you good so when the warranty is up they can really start screwing you. The mechancis get paid less for the warranty work as well so that guy probably wasnt happen. If it was my car I would start with the manager, find the owner, call the regional manager and generally make their life hell until I felt satisfied, AND I'm a vengeful, spiteful A hole, so it would take a while.....

Z0HS1CK 06-22-2019 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bmwmike (Post 1599625309)
Correct. Performing an oil change on the original posters Corvette cost the dealership money. By the time they paid the tech paid for the oil and filter it was a loser for the dealer. But dont take my advice I am only a service manager of a car dealer ship for over 8 years now. What would I know. And yes certain fluid services the dealer does profit on such has brake fluid and coolant flushes. And no the service is not where the majority of the money is made. The money is made when the customer sits in the fiancee office and buys warranties. at the end of every month we review the numbers. I know exactly where it comes from.

This is accurate. Before my dad passed away he worked for 3 dealerships. My cousin is also a tech at BMW.

Go to any dealership and ask what car the finance guy drives. There you go.

Bmwmike 06-26-2019 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 (Post 1599629499)
This is accurate. Before my dad passed away he worked for 3 dealerships. My cousin is also a tech at BMW.

Go to any dealership and ask what car the finance guy drives. There you go.

Its insane the money they make. The finance guys at my dealer are driving lambos and ferraris living in houses where just the tax is close to my yearly salary.