CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   How to deal with the public (after C8 reveal) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4285294-how-to-deal-with-the-public-after-c8-reveal.html)

Zora_Vette 06-14-2019 03:18 PM

How to deal with the public (after C8 reveal)

It has occurred to me that the masses and even a lot of Corvette owners do not know that the C8 exists or what it is. So, on July 18th when it is in headlines everywhere, said masses with flock to social media with their uninformed and uneducated opinions about how the "Corvette is ruined", "The Corvette is supposed to be a FE car", "Why did they go mid engine after all this time it looks like a budget Ferrari now" etc etc. How do we [politely] explain to these people that they are wrong and then explain to them the answers to their questions and stuff like that. Yes, even though we are not paid by GM to do it, most of us feel the need to stick up for the Corvette. And this is a very crucial due to what the C8 is. If public opinion goes negative for the C8... there may not be a C9, or any more after that of course. Can somebody maybe post a nice and detailed response in this thread that the rest of us can copy and paste to reply to people on and after July 18th?

Zymurgy 06-14-2019 03:24 PM

Well, my response will be largely influenced by what we actually know after the reveal rather than what we think we know now.

harley2 06-14-2019 03:27 PM

We won't have to explain anything! The car will do the talking! it's going to be great!!

ShagVette 06-14-2019 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette (Post 1599583456)
It has occurred to me that the masses and even a lot of Corvette owners do not know that the C8 exists or what it is. So, on July 18th when it is in headlines everywhere, said masses with flock to social media with their uninformed and uneducated opinions about how the "Corvette is ruined", "The Corvette is supposed to be a FE car", "Why did they go mid engine after all this time it looks like a budget Ferrari now" etc etc. How do we [politely] explain to these people that they are wrong and then explain to them the answers to their questions and stuff like that. Yes, even though we are not paid by GM to do it, most of us feel the need to stick up for the Corvette. And this is a very crucial due to what the C8 is. If public opinion goes negative for the C8... there may not be a C9, or any more after that of course. Can somebody maybe post a nice and detailed response in this thread that the rest of us can copy and paste to reply to people on and after July 18th?

:rolleyes:

rcooper 06-14-2019 03:50 PM

I doubt that the general pubic will have much influence as to what GM does or doesn't do regarding the future of the Corvette.
I will 2nd what Zymurgy said. Can't do much until there is more information available.

TXshaggy 06-14-2019 03:57 PM

I generally go to great lengths to avoid the “general public”.

Neither am I a member of GMs marketing team.

Shrug shoulders and have them google fu I guess.

MitchAlsup 06-14-2019 05:20 PM

The easiest way to deal with idiots is to turn you back and walk away.
Most of the time they cannot be educated, and don't really want to be.

firstvettesoon 06-14-2019 06:30 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5d1403b801.gif

captain vette 06-14-2019 06:37 PM

People with a little automobile knowledge should know that the C8 is around the corner or they live on another planet

Red67John 06-14-2019 06:48 PM

Gee, we can’t even form a concensus on the new ME car right here in the forum, so I wouldn’t worry about defending the car too much to the rest of the world. Like any new car, the C8 will have to defend itself.

tigertim20 06-14-2019 07:10 PM

Maybe you need someone to explain to you that just because you agree with GM's decision go to ME, doesn't mean other people's opinions are 'wrong'. Not everybody is gonna like it, accept it and move on. if someone hates it / think's its shit, having you blab on your opinion isnt going to make them change their mind and go drop a ton of cash on a new C8 the next day.

NoOne 06-14-2019 07:11 PM

Wait for the crying....the car will be revealed...will the price?

ChiefBoats 06-14-2019 07:16 PM

Mostly Corvette folks will be interested, you won't see any Stang and Mopes folks jumping on board.....:D

Zora_Vette 06-14-2019 07:16 PM

I was expecting several likes on this post, the fact that I recieved a negative response, plus posts with far less thought into them got more likes than me is disappointing.

Foosh 06-14-2019 07:24 PM

I'm not sure what you were expecting to hear. The car will speak for itself, one way or another. There's not much any marketing campaign or internet banter can do about that.

orclubduck 06-14-2019 07:35 PM

Zora_Vette

Maybe the forum would be better suited to have "dis"likes than likes...might be better serving for all. While we are at it...maybe show a poster how many people have "ignored" them...in the hopes that reality might sink in.

I think at this point anybody that creates a new thread on the c8 Forum is going to deal with "new thread burnout syndrome"...

Nothing personal...I think I have liked some of your posts in your short time on the forum...I am new as well...

Jeff

Psalmon123 06-14-2019 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TXshaggy (Post 1599583654)
I generally go to great lengths to avoid the “general public”.

Neither am I a member of GMs marketing team.

Shrug shoulders and have them google fu I guess.

Followed by a one finger salute!

Skid Row Joe 06-14-2019 07:48 PM

What do you care about carrying water for GM?

GM has already estranged tens of thousands of possible C7 owners, because the manual transmission will be done away with. We won't be buying one based on that alone.

. You weep for General Motors and curse the ME. You have no idea how the FE has weakened Corvette.

Reminds me of fruits that rage on carrying water for the Dallas Cowboys, it's owner and his fat kid Stephen. As if they're on the Cowboys' payroll. :crazy:

Let it go already.:nono:

Yarbie 06-14-2019 08:05 PM

Nobody will think it's a Ferrari trust me. You won't need to worry about anything. It's a $60k Corvette plain and simple.

Corgidog1 06-15-2019 01:15 PM

Take them out to a nice restaurant, tell them about Zora duntov, and read them some quotes about how he felt that the Corvette should be a mid engine car. Don’t forget to pick up the check.