CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   How do you remove the SD card for PDR? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4285308-how-do-you-remove-the-sd-card-for-pdr.html)

dave_2012_tt 06-14-2019 04:07 PM

How do you remove the SD card for PDR?

Hey everyone,

I have PDR in my corvette and at purchase time the sales guy placed the SD card in the slot in the glove box. I have two recordings on there - I watched part of one of them in the car. I would like to remove the SD but I do not see how. I tried pushing in on the card but that does not work. I do not see a button to release it either.

The manual reads something about you have to close the file before you can eject the SD card but I does not how to save the file or eject the SD - at least I do not see it.

thanks

Dave

mountainears 06-14-2019 04:18 PM

you should just push in on the card and it will spring back out.... What they mean by closing the file is stopping the recording through the infotainment screen. So you go back to where you started the recording and choose the option to stop recording, that is the best way to close the recording or it could become unreadable if you just pop the card out while it is recording or shut off the car without stopping it. But once you have that done, it's a push in on the card and it spring load ejects.

dave_2012_tt 06-14-2019 04:27 PM

thanks...I tried what you suggest and it makes sense. However, let me try again...now that I know for sure this is the way perhaps it will work now. I did stop the video by shutting the corvette off..forgot all about it.

Thanks for the reply - will try again in about 10 min. I am guessing the car can be turned off for the spring to work.

redman76 06-14-2019 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by dave_2012_tt (Post 1599583820)
I am guessing the car can be turned off for the spring to work.

No, you can pop it out anytime, but as previously stated, if you remove while recording it could corrupt the video file. Push and release . . .

dave_2012_tt 06-14-2019 05:08 PM

Got it....thanks everyone. When I tried this before and push on the SD card I was expecting more spring action meaning the SD card would be almost half way out. I actually had to push and then pull it out...it release very smoothly - thanks again.

KenHorse 06-14-2019 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dave_2012_tt (Post 1599584016)
Got it....thanks everyone. When I tried this before and push on the SD card I was expecting more spring action meaning the SD card would be almost half way out. I actually had to push and then pull it out...it release very smoothly - thanks again.

Thanks for reminding me to replace mine as I pulled it out yesterday to transfer video to my computer :thumbs: