CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Transactions Feedback (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback-153/)
-   -   **Damaged** OEM Black Centennial Edition Headlights (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/4286642-damaged-oem-black-centennial-edition-headlights.html)

Durim_Zo6 06-18-2019 04:55 PM

**Damaged** OEM Black Centennial Edition Headlights

Set of headlights that were damaged in transit.

My loss is your gain.

**DISCLAIMER** These headlights are being sold AS IS. I am uncertain as to the extent of the damages i.e internals. I can provide additional pictures upon request.

$200 FIRM plus shipping.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e642583068.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4e89ef09c9.jpg

data883 06-18-2019 05:49 PM

pm sent.thanks

Durim_Zo6 06-18-2019 06:24 PM

Sold

FastAsLightZ06 06-27-2019 06:42 PM

DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. I received the headlights this afternoon with much more damage than I was told. The condition of the headlights were misrepresented. I specifically asked if the housing had any damage to which his response was “ As far as I can tell its just the lens”. THE HOUSING HAS A 14” LONG CRACK!!! Ok so maybe he doesnt see well and missed the crack. He then shipped me two broken pieces of the housing individually wrapped up. Theres no way he didnt know. His solution to the situation was he would put me into contact with the other two guys that wanted the headlights off of the forum so I could sell it to them. LOL He wanted me to screw someone else over. I told him im not selling this junk to someone else. The passenger light is unusable. Anyways I thought I would share my experience before this guy screws someone else over on the forum.

JaSSon19 06-27-2019 07:08 PM

What kind of P.O.S. Sells junk to a member of the Corvette brethren and won’t make it right. A low life wanna be vette man that is probably on food stamps what a loser, sorry to hear about crap like this.

Ahrmike 06-27-2019 09:49 PM

That sucks. I bought a expensive set of black headlights that had one of the mounting tabs broken from another member myself. Could've been broken in transit but likely was just unmentioned and conviniently "forgotten"

Durim_Zo6 06-28-2019 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by FastAsLightZ06 (Post 1599657162)
DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. I received the headlights this afternoon with much more damage than I was told. The condition of the headlights were misrepresented. I specifically asked if the housing had any damage to which his response was “ As far as I can tell its just the lens”. THE HOUSING HAS A 14” LONG CRACK!!! Ok so maybe he doesnt see well and missed the crack. He then shipped me two broken pieces of the housing individually wrapped up. Theres no way he didnt know. His solution to the situation was he would put me into contact with the other two guys that wanted the headlights off of the forum so I could sell it to them. LOL He wanted me to screw someone else over. I told him im not selling this junk to someone else. The passenger light is unusable. Anyways I thought I would share my experience before this guy screws someone else over on the forum.

Joe,

It is regrettable that the situation has escalated to this point. I would have hoped that you remained professional instead of creating this post to defame me. I thought I was very transparent from the beginning that the headlights are DAMAGED, sold AS IS and more importantly, that I was uncertain as to the extent of the damages, hence the disclaimer.

I’m not certain if your intentions were to make a quick buck by “flipping” the headlights for a profit and now you’re upset because you realized that is no longer possible. Your first question to me after purchasing the headlights was where you can purchase new lens, so it is apparent to me that you were not prepared for any of this.

You forgot to mention in your rant that you still have 1, what seems to be a perfectly functional driver’s side headlight in great condition, which you could sell for more than what I sold to you for. So, when I mentioned putting you in contact with the others who were interested my intentions were not to “screw anyone over”. I think everyone else understood what they would be purchasing.

Ultimately, I do apologize about the entire situation. As I mentioned to you, I truly did not notice the crack. I even sent you a 35 second video going over the headlights prior to the purchase.

Throughout my year on this forum I have reported several scammers to the admins and have had nothing but a positive experience with everyone I have done a transaction with. Hopefully others reading this post will understand that I had no malicious intentions.

Again, I apologize about the entire situation and I wish you the best.

Sincerest regards,

Durim

HouseS2k 06-28-2019 09:22 AM

I’ll take em if you don’t want them. I have a plastic welder and can easily repair them.

FastAsLightZ06 06-28-2019 10:52 AM

If you didn't want me to take it to the forum then you should've answered my phone call. But as you said “I was too busy at the gym and didnt want to interrupt my session” and then proceeded to text me for the next 20 minutes. The bottom line is I was told the headlights were in a certain condition when I purchased them. I was under no illusion that the headlights were damaged and “as is” hence my questions about the condition of the housing. I wanted to know exactly what I was purchasing in “damaged as is “ condition. Your video conveniently didnt show the bottom side of the light where the damage is. You said the housing wasn’t damaged. Then you individually wrapped up broken pieces of the housing and shipped them to me. YOU KNEW IT WAS BROKEN AND LIED ABOUT IT. Thats my problem. I dont know why thats so hard for you to understand. Not that its relevant, but my intentions were to replace the lenses and install them on my car. I asked your recommendation on lens replacement because you might know of a better quality piece or better deal than I do. Thats the great thing about the forum. This all would've been avoided if you were honest about the condition of the headlights. Plain and simple.

FastAsLightZ06 06-28-2019 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by HouseS2k (Post 1599660150)
I’ll take em if you don’t want them. I have a plastic welder and can easily repair them.

Sent you a Pm

a seven x 06-28-2019 02:47 PM

Damn I almost bought these too you beat me to them by about a minute sucks to hear man

HorsePower Junkie 06-28-2019 03:53 PM

Durim,

You sold the headlights to him representing there is no other damage, however, you admitted you did not see the 14 inch long crack on the back. The honorable, and certainly appropriate thing to do is to refund his money, and make arrangement to receive your headlights back to you.

Durim_Zo6 06-28-2019 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie (Post 1599662655)
Durim,

You sold the headlights to him representing there is no other damage, however, you admitted you did not see the 14 inch long crack on the back. The honorable, and certainly appropriate thing to do is to refund his money, and make arrangement to receive your headlights back to you.

I said, and I quote, “I’m not certain as to the extent of the damage” whether it was there or not the headlights were sold AS IS.

HorsePower Junkie 06-28-2019 10:17 PM

Durim,

By not describing them accurately when he asked is deceptive, and stating "as is, where is" does not get you off the hook of your inaccurate deceptive description, and your untruthful description where you ommitted the facts of the accurate condition of the items you sold here on The Corvette Forum.

You are absolutely obligated to provide a truthful accurate description of all items you post for sale.

You were deceptive, and you know it.

As such, you are obligated to give the buyer his money back, or if he will accept some other settlement you are obligated to do the right thing.

Durim_Zo6 06-28-2019 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie (Post 1599664563)
Durim,

By not describing them accurately when he asked is deceptive, and stating "as is, where is" does not get you off the hook of your inaccurate deceptive description, and your untruthful description where you ommitted the facts of the accurate condition of the items you sold here on The Corvette Forum.

You are absolutely obligated to provide a truthful accurate description of all items you post for sale.

You were deceptive, and you know it.

As such, you are obligated to give the buyer his money back, or if he will accept some other settlement you are obligated to do the right thing.

Sadly, you’re wrong in your assessment of the situation as I did not omit any “facts”. I mentioned that I was not aware of the extent of the damage as they were recently damaged in transit. This is my way of indemnifying myself. Had the headlights been in mint condition and were found to be not functional, would I be accountable? No. The headlights were sold AS IS and the price also reflected that. This gentleman received a slow, 35 second video of a walk around of the headlights.

I won’t entertain anymore of this. I know my facts. If Corvette Forum wishes to hold me accountable and ban me, so be it.

This has truly been a learning and eye-opening xperience for me.

All the best,

Durim

HorsePower Junkie 06-29-2019 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by durim_zo6 (Post 1599664647)

sadly, you’re wrong in your assessment of the situation
NOT SO... DEAD ON accurate.

as i did not omit any “facts”. ABSOLUTELY YOU DID

I mentioned that *** " i was not aware of the extent of the damage" ***

Durin,
With your own eyes you saw the damage and are obligated abide by FULL DISCLOSURE but YOU CHOSE NOT to.

*** "this is my way of indemnifying myself." ***

Oh absolutely NOT SO Durin.
You failed to disclose ALL the pertinent facts.

You are absolutely NOT indemnified because of your actions which require you to disclose ALL obvious facts...
...and YOU KNOW this is true.

"had the headlights been in mint condition and were found to be not functional, would i be accountable?" ABSOLUTELY IRREVALENT.

"the headlights were sold as is"
THAT DOES NOT FLY.
Durin, you did not disclose accurately what "AS IS" was. You ommitted very pertinent obvious visual facts that you could see, but chose not to let potential buyers know about.

"this gentleman received a slow, 35 second video of a walk around of the headlights."
Did your video disclose the 14 inch crack on the backside?

If not, why not?

It appears you neglected to disclose it. As such, you are responsible for your actions.

"i won’t entertain anymore of this. I know my facts."

Durin, the FACTS ARE by You ommitting relavant facts, You did NOT indemnify yourself at all. It appears you hid the backside, or certainly neglected to disclose the obvious pertinent damage on the back where the more relavant damage is.

"if corvette forum wishes to hold me accountable and ban me, so be it."

SURELY YOU VALUE YOUR REPUTATION MORE THAN THAT...
Did you leave out pertanant facts?

Yes.

Not necessary to ban someone who makes good on their failure to disclose ALL of the pertinent facts.

"this has truly been a learning and eye-opening xperience for me."

Durin, If left as is, and You don't choose to do the obvious right thing, it WILL be a permanent eye opening experience for ALL of us of how You operate.

Durin,
This is simple, take care of your situation and don't let your reputation stay as someone who is not to be trusted.

People love a person who does the right thing. Not so much when that person tries to wiggle and worm out of doing so.

Durin,

You've got this, man up and do the right thing. You've already got another buyer. Refund this buyer his money and sell to the one who has the plastic welder who is aware of what the true condition is.

Value your own reputation and do the right thing.