CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   First and very likely last experience with Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/4287237-first-and-very-likely-last-experience-with-nurse-chevrolet-in-whitby.html)

Z06INTHE6 06-20-2019 10:28 AM

First and very likely last experience with Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby

Had quite the negative experience at Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby yesterday morning, so I figured I would share.

At 10am I drove my 2015 Z06 to the dealership arriving there at 10:15am, was welcomed by a friendly service technician whom walked me over to the lube counter. Being my first time at the dealership they took down the appropriate information and asked what I was in for and I replied "just a simple oil change w/Mobil1". The female at the counter (Shana I believe her name was) gave me the pricing $104.95 then mentioned that a complimentary carwash and vaccum was included, I was pleased to hear as I hadn't done so in a week or so. They promptly brought my car in and parked it in a specific bay designated for "sports cars" and to my knowledge began work on it. I took a seat in the wait room and proceeded to kill time, 45mins goes by, 1hr 30mins, 2hrs goes by and I then walk up to the counter to see what is taking so long, the same female (whom is also training another) informs me that she does not know, then another service technician (Mitchell) whom overheard our conversation pipes in that they only have 1 service technician that is allowed to work on "highend / sports cars" as they had a previous occurrence of a tech destroying an Audi that was in. I then asked to speak with a service manager. After the trainee does some running around to locate one for 10mins, Steve Good arrives in the wait room. I ask him what the delay is/what is taking so long and he replies that they only have 1 bay available to work on sports cars, I reply that there was no delay in getting the car in as there was no other vehicle occupying that bay and they appeared to begin work on it shortly thereafter. He replied that they take special care to do a very detailed job on vehicles of higher value, I replied "2.5hrs?" his response was that "yes it can take some time", to which I replied "2.5hrs for an oil change is rediculous". I made mention that the other technician stated they only have 1 tech available to work on these vehicles, to which he replied "that is not true" and it was because they only have one bay in which they can work on these vehicles. The 2hr 45mins mark rolls around, I see the technician that was "working on it" run in from outside towards the bay and he finally brings the car out. They call me to the counter and hand me a bill for $218.48 stating the oil/filter was changed using Mobil1 5W30, reset OLM, topped up fluid levels, set tire pressue to 30psi, ran vehicle and checked oil level - ok. I questioned the bill for a moment as she had stated $104.95 to which she replied that is only upto 5L and the vehicle required 10L. I signed the paper and paid, then walked outside to notice the car was not washed and/or vaccumed. I walked back in and stated to her that it was not done, she said I could bring the car back in and I said no thank you, so she handed me a complimentary car wash card, I again left and walked back out to the car, started it up and what pops up on the dash but my tire pressure monitor showing all 4 corners with varying numbers... so much for setting the tire pressures to 30psi all around. I walk back in and ask them to send the service manager Steve Good out to the vehicle where I would be waiting. He comes out and I explain to him that this was my first time at the dealership and likely my last, I inform him that they did not wash or vaccum the car to which he replies "we do not take these vehicles thru the car wash as it is not touchless", I replied "so why did the female at the counter offer it and furthermore provide me with a now useless complimentary car wash card when I mentioned it was not done", his response was "I'm not sure". I made it very clear I was not looking for anything in return, just providing my first impressions and service feedback... he did not seem to care. I drive home and promptly call the dealership to speak with the general manager Dave Duggan, explain my experience to him to which he says "that is horrible service and not acceptable" and he will look into it, he offered me a free oil change should I give them a second chance in the future and suggested I book the appointment directly through him so he could oversee it all as he mentioned he watched me pull in, his son ran the car over to the bay for the technician and everything appeared to be as it should so he wasn't sure where it all fell apart.

Fast forward 7hrs it is now 9:20pm and I have decided to meet a friend for a coffee and little drive. Take the car out for approx. 3hrs for a coffee and cruise, non-spirited driving as usual. Upon arriving home and parking at around 1:15am I hear a sporadic hissing noise coming from under the vehicle, I get down with flashlight and see that there appears to be a slow drip/leak landing on the exhaust pipe/catalytic converter and then the garage floor. I leave the car parked overnight suspecting perhaps condensation, wake up this morning move the car around 8am and notice there is still a small/fairly fresh puddle of what appears to be oil on the garage floor. I've had enough, 9am comes around and I call the dealership and leave a voicemail for Dave Duggan to call me back, it is now 10:25am and I've heard nothing back....... ughhh.

Sorry for the long read, just extremely frustrated.

harrin 06-20-2019 10:58 AM

Thanks for sharing, I would not go anywhere near this Dealership based on your experience.

VETFEVER 06-20-2019 11:44 AM

Dry sump oil change. Believe it or not, some techs don't know how to do this properly....

Z06INTHE6 06-20-2019 12:03 PM

I just recieved a phonecall from the Service manager Steve, willing to give them 1 last chance tomorrow morning at 8am to rectify the situation. He sounded as though he got an earful from the GM.

Cap'n Pete 06-20-2019 02:23 PM

That's disappointing to hear. We've bought our last couple vehicles through them, and had a couple of service jobs done there (although never anything on my 'Vette) and have never really had any issues.

Anything over ~1hr to do an oil change is just ridiculous, IMO. But if they only have ONE bay, or "ONE GUY" who can touch a 'Vette, then that should be mentioned right up front, and give you a realistic timeframe.

As for the hissing sound after you parked the car, are you sure that wasn't just condensation dripping off the A/C onto the hot exhaust?? Mine does the same every time I park in the garage, if I've had the A/C running ..... and it will leave a small puddle under the car ... but it's just water, not oil.

Sorry to hear about a legit crappy experience. Hopefully the G.M. is true to his word and takes care of you next time (...if you give them a next time).

TGstring 06-20-2019 04:15 PM

another reason why I'll never pay for an oil change as long as my arms and legs work.

notwithstanding, there's no excuse at all for a dealership to not be able to handle an oil change and tire pump... let's see what comes of their damage control efforts

RapidC84B 06-20-2019 04:21 PM

AC drain is on the passenger side and will hit the cat... very normal. Just reach under car and feel puddle.... if it's oil you'll know. I'd do this before going in there all hot and heated only the be seen as a "dummy" (putting it nicely) bitching about AC condensation. If it's driver side then it's more likely a loose filter or drain plug. Hard to mess up, but sometimes it does happen.

Z06INTHE6 06-20-2019 04:36 PM

Much appreciated responses, a reply to many, I very rarely if ever drive with the AC on and lastnight was def not one of those occasions, I much prefer having the windows down. Also if it were condensation I highly doubt it would have still been present the morning after as a fresh puddle ...it likely would have evaporated.

my1970conv 06-20-2019 04:48 PM

My two cents regarding the free car wash and vacuum... I ALWAYS refuse when they offer a car wash (free or not)... A few years back when I brought my 2007 in for an oil change in Montreal, I forgot to mention "do not wash the car please", and they proceeded in doing so after the oil change, however the young kid who was tasked of bringing the car into the wash bay actually hit the front corner of my bumper and scratched it real nice... I was PISSED... they fixed it, but I did not ask them to scratch my car...

And aside from the risk of having something happen, I would not trust anyone washing my car, especially not a dealer... I can only imagine the amount of dirt/rocks that are in their wash mitts... if you want a swirly car, accept a free car wash... but no thanks for me.

I hope they are able to do you right somehow, although I expect you'll never go there again...

RapidC84B 06-20-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Z06INTHE6 (Post 1599618057)
Much appreciated responses, a reply to many, I very rarely if ever drive with the AC on and lastnight was def not one of those occasions, I much prefer having the windows down. Also if it were condensation I highly doubt it would have still been present the morning after as a fresh puddle ...it likely would have evaporated.

The AC runs any time the “auto“ mode is on. Yes... the puddles can last until the next day. Go touch it.

walleyejack 06-20-2019 11:02 PM

sorry to hear of your terrible experience...
had something similar but not near like that, took my vette in for one the complimentary oil changes, i mention to the girl that signs it in that it requires mobll 1, sure that is fine, after waiting a half hour and the car is gone out back, she comes back and says no, we put Castrol in, i say no, get a hold of service manager, gets on the phone to someone, or no one, comes over to me and says no, it doesn t say it anywhere, i give her the service bulletin from gm, as i knew it would be an issue, still they refuse, bring my car out front and i am outta here. Terrible dealership in my opinion.

74Ken 06-21-2019 10:23 AM

OMS isn't much better when my daughter took her truck in for the first free oil change. She asked them to look at why the tire was low on the drivers side front, the service idiot said "that's because the motor is tilted on that side". She just looked at him and said nothing. I went in to pick it up with her and she pointed out the idiot.
From now on my daughter and wife do not go into a dealership, I take all the cars in for free services, once they run out, i take it to my regular mechanic. At least he calls me if he sees anything out of the ordinary.
He also advises me on upgrades to my Jeep. What to get, what to avoid.

BUT he did install my PS control valve wrong on my 74, they have not worked on old cars in a long time and didn't set the valve correctly. Oh well, I did it myself.
After it started leaking again I ripped it out and got Steeroids.

Ken

YBNORMEL 06-22-2019 07:45 AM

I drive a nissan fleet vehicle. It had to go in for the airbag replacement. As I was sitting in the waiting room the service rep announced to everyone that the air compressor was broken and there would be delays. 2 hours later I got up and asked where my truck was and got didn't you hear we have no air compressor. I then got into a pretty heated discussion with the service manager about there bulshit excuse and took my keys back.

Patman 06-22-2019 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by TGstring (Post 1599617912)
another reason why I'll never pay for an oil change as long as my arms and legs work.

:iagree:

I haven't even used any of the free oil changes that came with my C7, they keep calling me to set up an appointment but I'd rather do it myself and know it's done right.

Pompitup 06-22-2019 02:17 PM

I think I know of that idiot at OMS. I brought in my new Equinox to get the power adapter fixed, he goes out and get the info of the vehicle and the oil life monitor at 79% suggests that I should get the oil changed and that it would be free as I get 4 from GM. I just laughed at the guy and I always used another service rep from there who actually goes out of his way to get things correct and doesn't try to rip you off.

Z06INTHE6 06-22-2019 03:00 PM

Update: So I went in yesterday morning at 8am and met with the GM Dave Duggan, extremely nice gentleman with great business etiquette. We chatted for afew minutes and he allowed me into the bay as they pulled my car in. They did an inspection and determined the fresh "leak" was actually condensation from the evap canister which then hit the exhaust/catalytic converter which was alittle dirty and then the ground (I had never noticed the sound/puddle on the floor previous so it was new to me). I apologized for wasting their time with regards to the "leak". Dave then asked if there was anything else I needed addressing, I said I had just lowered the car on the factory bolts and was planning on bringing it in for an alignment, he then had his technician Pat (also a very nice and knowledgeable gentleman) do the 4wheel alignment right then and there while I stood/waited in the bay, at no cost (set to a less aggressive Non-Z06 Corvette setup). In my opinion the GM saved me as a potential future customer at this location, I will likely give them another shot once my next (free) oil change is due, providing Dave is in and Pat is the technician working on my vehicle.

Sidenote: They also set the tire pressures to 30psi and gave me the unused 0.7L of Mobil1 that was left after the oilchange.

Cap'n Pete 06-22-2019 11:55 PM

Glad to hear they took care of you. Hopefully they appreciated that you actually gave them the opportunity to make things right as well (...you could have easily never gone back).

Sprayy 06-23-2019 05:38 PM

If you're in brooklin you should just take it up to port perry for your oil change. Speaking of which I gotta book mine for next week :)

Z06INTHE6 06-23-2019 06:57 PM

I would love to but last time I called Stevenson's they were booking a month out.

RapidC84B 06-24-2019 11:14 AM

See... I told you it was AC condensation... I hope you didn't go in there like a raging bull. Did they manually check rear caster with the special tool when they did the alignment?