CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   The New Sound of Corvette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4287326-the-new-sound-of-corvette.html)

Josh/AWE 06-20-2019 02:03 PM

The New Sound of Corvette

The new sound of Corvette, by AWE.

28 years of precision engineering harnessed to create the finest lineup of performance exhausts for the C7 Corvette Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06, and ZR1. An exhaust line up that will change the standard for the Corvette performance exhaust market. Maximum power, unprecedented fitment, USA built, lifetime warranty and a signature soundtrack that only AWE could deliver. It’s the new sound of Corvette, and it's now available at Weapon X Motorsports and AWECorvette.com.

Learn more here.

Ben@WeaponX 06-20-2019 03:55 PM

Corvette enthusiasts, after months of collaboration, we are pleased to announce the launch partnership with AWE to release the most phenomenal exhaust we've had the pleasure of hearing!

We can't wait to show you more :)

Steve Garrett 06-20-2019 09:36 PM

3 words....Carbon Fiber Tips!

NineVettes 06-20-2019 10:21 PM

Later this summer I was thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on an Akro Evo exhaust. Had one on my C6Z, love the quality, sound, minor h/p increase, and serious weight savings. Also like it works with my C7 Z's electronic exhaust flaps.

Convince me why I should consider the AWE instead.

P.S. I know something about AWE because I have an Audi SQ5 as a daily driver...

DanMan35 06-20-2019 11:15 PM

How loud is it in comparison to Borla ATAK?

Freaked Ls3 06-20-2019 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by NineVettes (Post 1599619900)
Later this summer I was thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on an Akro Evo exhaust. Had one on my C6Z, love the quality, sound, minor h/p increase, and serious weight savings. Also like it works with my C7 Z's electronic exhaust flaps.

Same thoughts...this compared to Akra

Shawn_Randhawa 06-21-2019 12:34 AM

Excited to see how this sounds! Was about to purchase the Borla ATAK but I guess I can wait a little and see how this sounds.

JanosNFS 06-21-2019 01:28 AM

What is it made of?

Josh/AWE 06-21-2019 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by NineVettes (Post 1599619900)

Deep tones -- we're known for our signature notes on various platforms as they're deeper and richer than others. Our precision X-pipes don't cause cars to sound "tinnish," rather, they give an exotic characteristic while refraining from going overboard with rasp. Our 180 Technology resonators keep the frequency channel happy by filtering out the problematic frequencies to refine interior acoustics, while tuning the soundtrack to ensure it remains "full bodied," so to speak, throughout the entire rev range.

Are you running AWE on your SQ?

Originally Posted by DanMan35 (Post 1599620100)
How loud is it in comparison to Borla ATAK?

Purely opinion -- but I view the aforementioned as sounding quite hollow. Our Touring Edition delivers a very unique, rich soundtrack out of the 6.2.

Originally Posted by Shawn_Randhawa (Post 1599620323)
Excited to see how this sounds! Was about to purchase the Borla ATAK but I guess I can wait a little and see how this sounds.

Good idea :thumbs:

Originally Posted by JanosNFS (Post 1599620400)
What is it made of?

Locally source T304L stainless with a .065" wall thickness. The great stuff.

DanMan35 06-21-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE (Post 1599621703)
Purely opinion -- but I view the aforementioned as sounding quite hollow. Our Touring Edition delivers a very unique, rich soundtrack out of the 6.2.

Doesn't really answer the question though so I'll ask in another way. Borla ATAK is considered to be one of the loudest exhausts. So, in comparison to that, how loud is this exhaust? Is it a loud exhaust or is it more mellow?

Shawn_Randhawa 06-22-2019 01:03 AM

When will it be coming out? I don’t want to wait to long? And will it still have the NPP dual mode?

Josh/AWE 06-22-2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by DanMan35 (Post 1599625776)
Doesn't really answer the question though so I'll ask in another way. Borla ATAK is considered to be one of the loudest exhausts. So, in comparison to that, how loud is this exhaust? Is it a loud exhaust or is it more mellow?

The version heard above it the full Touring Edition Exhaust (axleback+non-resonated x-pipe). Without hearing their configuration "in the flesh" I can only speculate. With that said, I would likely put it in between the ATAK and S.

Along from the Touring Edition, there will be its Track Edition sibling, for those who like it with zero filter. Not sure you can get much louder than that in regards to a catback configuration :bigears

Josh/AWE 06-22-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn_Randhawa (Post 1599626064)
When will it be coming out? I don’t want to wait to long? And will it still have the NPP dual mode?

Before the end of the month, Shawn. Our configurations will not be valved, and our Touring Edition (for those wanting a sophisticated configuration) will be kept in check by our patented 180 Technology.

Josh/AWE 06-25-2019 02:14 PM

Release is right around the corner. Sign up to be notified upon release of the AWE Exhaust Suite for the C7 Corvette right this way.

Bluebeast64 06-25-2019 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by DanMan35 (Post 1599625776)

I have borla atak system and the sounds are incredible, loudest and sexy

Josh/AWE 06-27-2019 02:35 PM

AVAILABLE NOW!

06mikez06 06-27-2019 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE (Post 1599655797)

Would love to hear it on the Z06... I've been thinking about getting an X pipe/ axleback for my 17' automatic but definitely don't want anything that's too loud or obnoxious. Im only about an hour away in NJ, maybe I'll be the guinea pig....

Josh/AWE 06-27-2019 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 06mikez06 (Post 1599656500)
Would love to hear it on the Z06... I've been thinking about getting an X pipe/ axleback for my 17' automatic but definitely don't want anything that's too loud or obnoxious. Im only about an hour away in NJ, maybe I'll be the guinea pig....

Hey, Mike. The crew over at Weapon X are putting some additional vids together right now. They'll be up soon enough :)

I will be publishing what we call a "rev off" with the Z06 and our 1LE in due time, as well. But I can assure ya the videos founds in the product threads are very accurate to the soundtrack heard out of the rear of a Z06.

06mikez06 06-27-2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE (Post 1599656629)
Hey, Mike. The crew over at Weapon X are putting some additional vids together right now. They'll be up soon enough :)

I will be publishing what we call a "rev off" with the Z06 and our 1LE in due time, as well. But I can assure ya the videos founds in the product threads are very accurate to the soundtrack heard out of the rear of a Z06.

Sweet, looking forward to hearing it and possibly taking a ride to see you guys soon!

Josh/AWE 06-27-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 06mikez06 (Post 1599657204)
Sweet, looking forward to hearing it and possibly taking a ride to see you guys soon!

Please PM me when you know you're comin'!