CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Boost issues (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/4291385-boost-issues.html)

SteveSierra 07-02-2019 01:39 PM

Boost issues

Hi all just wondering if you can advise me please.
Move been having problems when accelerating in 3rd and 4th where the car would feel like it’s bogging down and the shift light on the boost controller will light up when at around 4000rpm (light is set at 6250rpm). 1st and 2nd pulls seem fine.

I then hen switched the boost controller off so it’s just on wastegate spring and the car pulls fine in every gear. Wastegate spring is 5psi.

Boost controller is a innovate scg-1 and set on 65% wastegate duty, 0% gain, base spring 3psi.

Any ideas what what this could be? Does this sound like back pressure?
originally I thought my clutch was slipping as the shift light kept flashing but when looking today I noticed rpm were still down.

SteveSierra 07-04-2019 03:43 AM

Anyone help please?

Docmartin 07-04-2019 11:35 AM

Damn Steve it really looks like you've hard a tough time with that kit.

Did you ever get things up and running smoothly? If it has been running correctly for a while don't you think you've narrowed it down to a EBC issue? Especially if it runs fine off of the spring alone and the shift lights aren't going off when they are supposed to. Makes me think the EBC isn't acting right, but I don't have enough experience to be truly helpful.

Did you ever reroute the EBC as recommended back in Feb? That EBC isn't terribly expensive on Amazon in the US. Ever thought of swapping in a new one?

Hopefully some of the experienced folks chime in for you.

Both my parents are from the UK and when I visit I'm always thinking about how anyone could drive a Vette on those narrow ass roads with huge speed bumps and speed cameras everywhere. A turbo Vette over there must be a true rare beast. Good luck.

SteveSierra 07-04-2019 01:34 PM

Hi thanks for the reply, it’s been a bit of a mess really and I haven’t really driven the car much. Was a bit down and fed up after spending so much time and money on it and it not working as it should.
The car has never driven right when going into boost and I’ve only just tried it by turning the EBC off. Like I said on the spring alone it drives ok ish and pulls in all gears, albeit a max of 4.4-5psi. When going beyond that is when the trouble starts.
I suppose I’m guessing and kinda hoping it’s a back pressure issue as the downpipe is only 2.5’ and the wastegate is routed weirdly. That way I can just get that sorted (over $2k) 😳.
But another part of me wonders how others that have run this turbo and kit have supposedly run 700rwhp and not had these same issues.