CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Need the location 93 A/C relay (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4291756-need-the-location-93-a-c-relay.html)

radar502 07-03-2019 01:05 PM

Need the location 93 A/C relay

I need the location of my 93 A/C relay . I was told its under the pass. side dash so removed the panel and looks like relays under there but witch one is the A/C one . All look to small to be the right one being 6'1' 240 not real easy for me to get in there to get good pic . of what's in there .. It might be somewhere else .I have a new one to compare it to . I can't find it and I have a shop manual it shows it at the end of a wire .. OK .. LOL.. THANKS ..

WVZR-1 07-03-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by radar502 (Post 1599690022)
I need the location of my 93 A/C relay . I was told its under the pass. side dash so removed the panel and looks like relays under there but witch one is the A/C one . All look to small to be the right one being 6'1' 240 not real easy for me to get in there to get good pic . of what's in there .. It might be somewhere else .I have a new one to compare it to . I can't find it and I have a shop manual it shows it at the end of a wire .. OK .. LOL.. THANKS ..

There's NO A/C RELAY inside car behind IP.

C60 or C68 AC? There's multiple 'under-hood'

If your shop manual is a GM FSM check 8A-201-25 Rear of electrical section.

radar502 07-03-2019 01:29 PM

What ???? you mean I got under there for nothing .. I have the manual will check it out . Thanks ..

jjkatona 07-03-2019 01:45 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...10ad799fbe.jpg
Ya mean this part ?
This came off my '89. Don't know about your '93 but this was located on top of the evaporator housing passenger side under the hood of course. Had 2 plugs on top and 3 screws to remove. Hope this helps.

radar502 07-03-2019 01:58 PM

Thanks ,but that's not it ............. I found the location of what I need and is way different that yours .. C-60 or C68 ?? Will know in a few .. and yes its on A-8 -201-25 . Well one of the so called Vet. shops here in Houston said its the relay and I said were is it at ???? well its under the pass side dash . Well I looked NO not there . why do I even ask these clowns .. Thanks . Use the manual JONNY .. OK

jjkatona 07-03-2019 02:14 PM

I know my '89 has the C68 controller which is auto climate control. Set your temp, and she does the rest. If your controller has an auto setting button, it's more than likely a C68.

radar502 07-04-2019 02:40 PM

I installed a new relay NOTHING did the jump deal NOTHING . So I have ran out of how to for sure so its going to the Ele . shop .. Thanks for the help ..

jjkatona 07-05-2019 02:02 PM

No problem, I'm currently having issues myself trying to get voltage to my ac compressor clutch. I get voltage on both legs only when I put the negative lead of my volt meter to the frame but leg to leg, I get zero volts. I may have to do the same as you and take it in.

jjkatona 07-05-2019 04:39 PM

Ok, I removed the diode that's in the connector and it measures that it's bad. Now I have voltage leg to leg as it should but when I plug it into the coil, the clutch plate still does not draw inward like it should so I rigged up a couple of jumper wires and tested the coil directly off the battery. The clutch drew inward like it should so that tells me the connector itself is not contacting the terminals properly. I ordered a new harness with diode from Corvette mods and this should solve my problem. I hope you can solve yours. Have a great weekend !!!
Oh btw, C60 is the manual ac control and C68 is the auto electronic ac control for sure.

radar502 07-05-2019 07:02 PM

Good deal .I am not sure the thing was charged ?? said it was ?? So going to start from the start check all and go from there .. Will be the Ele. shop Monday and hope from the best .. Glad you found your problem mine might be same thing ..

radar502 07-08-2019 11:37 AM

OK UPDATE . I checked switches all good new relay NOTHING . so jumped ground to new relay WORKED so my question : there is , I guessing for sure is a switch that opens to ground and grounds the system OK here we go does anybody know witch switch that is ? I know very little about Ele . stiff but something has to close that is grounded and therefore grounds the system and I am thinking it not closing and grounding the system . If it was I would to have to jump a ground to the relay .. I might be way off????? But when it comes on cold air right amount of R134a that's not the problem for sure .. HELP/ Thanks

jjkatona 07-11-2019 07:47 AM

I am curious, do you have a green/yellow wire on one of those relay plugs ? If so, check that voltage and it has to read 12 volts. That is your input wire calling for ac. Bryan Thompson from Batee service just informed me yesterday that I may have a bad ecm because mine only reads 9.9 volts.

radar502 07-11-2019 07:57 AM

Well I don't know ,I am installing the two switches this morning ( High /Low ) and will check that out . Thanks .. My deal is I don't care what the problem is I just want to find it and replace whatever is not working . I will check that out for sure .. That will make my day .. I think a used one is $700.00 O-MY..

rusty76 07-11-2019 09:23 PM

If you have the C68 system you check codes on the controller. When I bought my '92 a month or so ago my A/C wouldn't work. I pulled the codes and found 09 which is low refrigerant. I put in refrigerant and it's been working since then.