CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Corvettes at Carlisle Shopping List 2019 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4293725-corvettes-at-carlisle-shopping-list-2019-a.html)

AllC34Me 07-09-2019 05:39 AM

Corvettes at Carlisle Shopping List 2019

Carburetor Information Posted Now To Assist Carb Seekers

I will be parking my truck and trailer just South of the Carlisle Fire and Rescue Services (Fire Station) located at 177 Carlisle Springs Road. It located just outside of Gate 1 to the Carlisle Fairgrounds where the Corvettes at Carlisle Show is being held. I enter and exit through Gate 1 for the show. If you Google Map that address you will see the location. My reserved parking is just South of the station. I will have my Green Silverado 2500HD truck and my small beat up 8' enclosed trailer at the show this year so you can look for that truck/trailer combo. The guys parking folks in this area know me after several years of parking here, they can help point out my truck if you need assistance finding me.

I will be heading to Corvettes at Carlisle again this year with a small but important shopping list of items I will be needing. For this, my third year, I am willing and able to look for items that you might be looking for and I wanted to get this posted up in time for you to contact me with your needs. Corvettes at Carlisle is August 22-25 this year with the 22nd (Thursday) being setup and first items getting snatched up; Friday always a good shopping day; Saturday finding some items at a bargain; and Sunday most folks have either gone home or heading out early in the morning. So I will attend Thursday and Friday this year and see what I can find for me, and for you.

Here is how I have done it in the past and it has worked well so please lets try to do this again this year.

You contact me by PM or by e-mail (AllVettes4Me@gmail.com) and tell me what it is you are trying to find.
You give me as much detail as you can to assist me in locating the correct item for you.
You give me your phone number number so I can call you or text you pictures of what I have located.
I will text you the price and pictures of what I locate.
You determine if you want the item or items or not and confirm that to me.
I buy the item for you and bring it home to my house to pack and ship to you.
You pay only the price of the part purchased (which you agreed to do before I buy it) and actual shipping costs to get the item to you.
There are no fees, no added costs, no surprises, no promises I can find what you need but I sure will try.
If an item is large-large; or expensive-expensive; I can put you in contact with the seller directly and you can negotiate or purchase directly with them.
My goal here is to help you find the missing items you need.
I enjoy the hunt, and giving the help, to my fellow Corvette enthusiasts.
I have had some successes, and some disappointments, doing this in the past but as long as I can walk and search I will.
Please let me know if you have something I can seek out for you.
Better still, if you are coming to Carlisle this year let me know and we can split the task of searching and maybe I can help you locate your item or items.
Simple as that. If I can help you let me know.
Best regards,
David Howard

PS: Please note the information below is just an short description of the request to show you are on the list. Details you have provided are on my actual "Word" document that will be heading with me to Carlisle.

My shopping list this year includes:
1) 1969-1974 Hard Top Trim parts. (Success).
2) 1969-1974 Hard Top Internal Pads in black or good quality I can dye. (Success).
3) New NCRS guide books. (Success).

4) Carb 7042202; lap belts 49 E 71; differential cover. (General Ike). Close, but a miss. Contact information being sent.
5) Kick panels and lower left dash, 68 black. (68Lragtop). Did not find.
6) Carb 7042203. (Fastimes). Did not find, contact information being sent.
7) Rubber cowl induction seal; correct radiator overflow tank, 1973. (Eliredandblack). Contact information being sent.

8) Early 69 owners manual (Lawrence) None found.
9) Original 69 saddle rear compartment doors. (Lawrence) None found in condition worth talking about.
10) TI distributor, 69, Sept or Oct 68 date code build tag. (six7L79) Did not find.
11) CD Ignition Box, Phase III, Baldwin Motion (Pmcooey) Did not find.

12) Touch up paint - two - 1971 Bridgehamtpon Blue (Daveinspain). No paint touch up companies came this year.
13) Long trailing arm shim retainer pins (2). (RViZIO). Success; will contact and ship soon.
14) Headlight washer nozzle, passenger side, 1970. (Dirty Dalton). No success, none I could find.
15) Headlight bezel pair, early 1968, October 27, 1967 build date. (twinpack). No success, full light kits only.
16) 68/69 Chrome Black Shifter Ball for 4-speed. (Dustin James). Lots of them; all beat to hell or scratched badly.
17) 1958 Differential case, cover, 3.70 gear set. (Dan Brow). None found anywhere, sorry.

brit vet 07-09-2019 06:27 AM

are you forgetting something David :)

AllC34Me 07-09-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by brit vet (Post 1599721519)
are you forgetting something David :)

Those items listed are my personal list. Your fast idle solenoid bracket is on my "looking for others" list sitting here on my desk. :thumbs:
David

bigdaddy33 07-11-2019 06:07 PM

Thanks, David. Your offer to look for parts is incredibly generous. I'll send you an email per your instructions.

fastimes 07-11-2019 09:03 PM

Now this gentleman makes me proud to be a Corvette owner. Folks like him are what make this a "community".

Thank you David!

jaxlt1 07-12-2019 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599721605)
Those items listed are my personal list. Your fast idle solenoid bracket is on my "looking for others" list sitting here on my desk. :thumbs:
David

I have a spare bracket and nut for a 72 LT-1. LMK.

AllC34Me 07-12-2019 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaxlt1 (Post 1599743392)
I have a spare bracket and nut for a 72 LT-1. LMK.

I sent a note to brit vet telling him that you may have what he needs and he could contact you directly. You would be helping him out a bunch. Thank you for reaching out to me on this, hope it works out for you both.
Best regards,
David

Dirty Dalton 07-12-2019 10:13 PM

My need for a 'bullet' for the luggage rack has been resolved by Mooser, but I have discovered one other single item need. The lower washer nozzle for the right headlights.

Very kind offer, David, thank you! Ed

crf311 07-13-2019 01:12 PM

If you see any 70-72 rear clips, which are not all rusted out. Take a picture and shot me a phone number.

AllC34Me 07-13-2019 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by crf311 (Post 1599748696)
If you see any 70-72 rear clips, which are not all rusted out. Take a picture and shot me a phone number.

Well not exactly sure you caught my offer above but if you want me to take pictures and send you a phone number then you will get that after the show it over and I can get home and post them here.
Will do that if you want, just let me know.
Coupe or convertible?
David

Eliredandblack 07-13-2019 03:54 PM

Shopping List

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4956d6e2c.jpeg
P/N 331848

SB64 07-14-2019 04:51 AM

Great offer David, will check to see if I need something and follow your instructions. Really miss going to that show, just a little to far for me right now! Enjoy.......................

RVZIO

AllC34Me 07-14-2019 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Eliredandblack (Post 1599749297)

I printed this page and got your contact data from your PM and wrote that on this page so you are "On the List" or "On the Stack" of papers going with me to Carlisle.
Will let you know if I find it.
David

AllC34Me 07-14-2019 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by rvzio (Post 1599751649)
Great offer David, will check to see if I need something and follow your instructions. Really miss going to that show, just a little to far for me right now! Enjoy.......................

RVZIO

Roger,
If you need something for me to search for you please say something. I don't need a huge excuse to drive down to Florida in Early February as I am looking into the Daytona 500 speed week activities again this year.
If you can wait a little bit I might just be tempted to bring my truck and trailer down with me, know what I am saying!!!
February in Daytona and surrounding area, doesn't get better than that folks.
Best regards,
David

AllC34Me 07-14-2019 07:25 AM

I have updated my list above to remove my jack and add items that have been requested. If you are not listed there then I may not have enough information from you yet to put you on "The List".
Contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me

SB64 07-14-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599751714)
Roger,
If you need something for me to search for you please say something. I don't need a huge excuse to drive down to Florida in Early February as I am looking into the Daytona 500 speed week activities again this year.
If you can wait a little bit I might just be tempted to bring my truck and trailer down with me, know what I am saying!!!
February in Daytona and surrounding area, doesn't get better than that folks.
Best regards,
David

Sounds good David, might have an idea if that 69 frame doesn't sell and you with your trailer. Hmm! Yes , Florida then is like spring when you actually don't have the humidity lurking.

AllC34Me 07-31-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by rvzio (Post 1599752582)
Sounds good David, might have an idea if that 69 frame doesn't sell and you with your trailer. Hmm! Yes , Florida then is like spring when you actually don't have the humidity lurking.

I could be coaxed South in February, you bet. I have your trailing arm item on my list now for Carlisle and will let you know how I make out. Until then keep up the great work Roger.
Best regards,
David

AllC34Me 07-31-2019 07:55 AM

List updated today. Some of you have found what you were seeking and I have taken those items off the list. Congratulations to those that have been successful thus far.
Carlisle fist visit is Thursday, August 22nd; three weeks from tomorrow. I will keep the offer open until the 21st, three weeks from today so you still have time.
Thank you and best regards,
David

brit vet 07-31-2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599873860)
List updated today. Some of you have found what you were seeking and I have taken those items off the list. Congratulations to those that have been successful thus far.
Carlisle fist visit is Thursday, August 22nd; three weeks from tomorrow. I will keep the offer open until the 21st, three weeks from today so you still have time.
Thank you and best regards,
David

I received my idle solenoid bracket & nut from Doc Rebuild yesterday but thanks for the offer to look for them David :thumbs:

kanvasman 08-01-2019 01:37 PM

Email sent regarding headlight bezel. Thank you.