CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Best route for quick Z51 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4293731-best-route-for-quick-z51.html)

Mhector13 07-09-2019 06:30 AM

Best route for quick Z51

New owner of a 2015 M7 Z51! I’ve been searching the forum atleast a week now and all the threads seem to still hold value. I do have a some questions though since most of the threads that I was looking at for info are a couple years old.

I’m looking for the best setup to be quick (drag racing), so I believe the best route to start is LT Headers, Catless XPipe, E85, and of course a tune. Going a little further with it, I’d like to cam and supercharge the car. My Goal is 750-850rwhp if possible on stock block/internals. I would assume that would be enough to be in the mid to low 10s providing good track condition, I’m on a good tire, and can drive.

Who makes the best supercharger kit (highest hp/tq per $)?

Is going with a cam still an expensive option compared to supercharging?

What bolt on combos have actually been proving them selves with the LT1 Platform.

And finally, what am I missing, what do I need to know that hasn’t been mentioned in the older threads? Thanks ahead of time and sorry for being all over the place, just thought I would try to knockout all my questions in one go!

BlueDevilZ51 07-09-2019 06:44 AM

Stock pistons start to pop around 700whp.

rrsperry 07-09-2019 07:14 AM

You bought the wrong car. Seriously. You are trying to take a $2000/night hooker to the prom. Yes you can, but there are better uses.

For what you are going to spend on your C7, you could build a 1/2 back mustang or Camaro and be turning 8's. As an added bonus, your C7 will be uncomfortable, loud, and not very well behaved on the street.

Yep, that's my opinion.

Mhector13 07-09-2019 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51 (Post 1599721546)
Stock pistons start to pop around 700whp.

Thank you, I would still be happy with that!

Originally Posted by rrsperry (Post 1599721618)
You bought the wrong car. Seriously. You are trying to take a $2000/night hooker to the prom. Yes you can, but there are better uses.

For what you are going to spend on your C7, you could build a 1/2 back mustang or Camaro and be turning 8's. As an added bonus, your C7 will be uncomfortable, loud, and not very well behaved on the street.

Yep, that's my opinion.

Haha yea I know I can build a cheap drag car but I’ve wanted a c7 for a while, I’m not looking for a total race car. I want a car that looks good, as quick as it can be but have good street manners.

us3rname 07-09-2019 11:50 AM

lt4 blower and fuel system got me over 600.00 with everything else stock. Not sure what your budget is but everything can be had relatively cheap if you lay and wait for the deals.

Mhector13 07-09-2019 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by us3rname (Post 1599723249)
lt4 blower and fuel system got me over 600.00 with everything else stock. Not sure what your budget is but everything can be had relatively cheap if you lay and wait for the deals.

Im not really on a “budget” but really do like bang for buck type of deals. Is the lt4 blower good for more power?? It’s actuallg a route I’ve acutally considered.

us3rname 07-10-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mhector13 (Post 1599724853)
Im not really on a “budget” but really do like bang for buck type of deals. Is the lt4 blower good for more power?? It’s actuallg a route I’ve acutally considered.

I'm sure I could easily get more power with a different pulley combo or other engine mods. That power was made with just the blower 5% of pulley and lt4 injectors and pump. No other mods at the time of dyno. Internals aside, I think you'd need to do a better low side fuel system or maybe a cam with a higher fuel lobe might support whatever else you throw at it to a certain point. The other hurdle is IAT2 spiking. To help keep that down I upgraded the heat exchanger and added a single m10 methanol nozzle. I'm happy with the power it has now so I haven't ventured into other power making mods.

speed4tu 07-10-2019 09:00 AM

Would have been easier and cheaper just to have bought a used Z06 in the first place. Then your ceiling is higher for future mods as well.

us3rname 07-10-2019 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by speed4tu (Post 1599729006)
Would have been easier and cheaper just to have bought a used Z06 in the first place. Then your ceiling is higher for future mods as well.

Cheaper? yeah ok! Total cost in for me is around $54500 with mods/tuning and at 630/672ftlbs its no slouch. At the time I purchased the car the cheapest z06's in my area were 68-70k and at that point id have rather sprung a little more for a gtr. Seems like a lot of people buy a z06 and put a procharger of some sort on them anyway so what's the point there?