CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest-44/)
-   -   suncap auto tint in Houston (Spring) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/4294463-suncap-auto-tint-in-houston-spring.html)

need-for-speed 07-10-2019 10:15 PM

suncap auto tint in Houston (Spring)

Saw them mentioned in a 2016 thread here. Anyone familiar with them ?

need-for-speed 07-11-2019 10:37 AM

..............or if y’all know of any other places in Houston / Conroe area that are favorites of the Corvette folks, please let me know.

PCMusicGuy 07-11-2019 11:38 PM

Mingo at Suncap is always highly recommended. I've talked to him a few times but never had work done because he is always pretty busy and my schedule was not very flexible at the time.

need-for-speed 07-12-2019 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy (Post 1599740487)
Mingo at Suncap is always highly recommended. I've talked to him a few times but never had work done because he is always pretty busy and my schedule was not very flexible at the time.

Great info. Thanks.

TeamLS1 07-12-2019 12:35 PM

Mingo has done a few cars for me in the past, great work. Automotive Apparel over off 249 just did xpel ppf, xpel prime xr ceramic on all my windows, and windshield. I highly recommend them, did a fantastic job, great pricing, scheduling and turnaround time. Xpel comes with a lifetime warranty.

Malcolm

need-for-speed 07-13-2019 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by TeamLS1 (Post 1599742975)
Mingo has done a few cars for me in the past, great work. Automotive Apparel over off 249 just did xpel ppf, xpel prime xr ceramic on all my windows, and windshield. I highly recommend them, did a fantastic job, great pricing, scheduling and turnaround time. Xpel comes with a lifetime warranty.

Malcolm

Just want I’m looking for. Thanks! :cheers:

Edit - Mingo never called back. I called Automotive Apparel and the guy spent a lot of time on the phone explaining every detail. He also sent me diagrams of what each package covers. They even have a rocker kit for $395 and I will be doing that. I also saw their very high customer ratings. This is just what I am looking for. I will be taking my new Z06 to them when I get it. Leaving it there for a day or 3 is going to be painful :ack: but I know I'll be glad I did.

Edit Edit. Mingo did call back and he explained his process very well. It will come down to scheduling / availability as to who to use.

chris4728 07-29-2019 12:25 AM

Mingo did a great job on my Z06.

need-for-speed 07-29-2019 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by chris4728 (Post 1599858711)
Mingo did a great job on my Z06.

Mingo will be my first choice. Too many people here vouching for him.

Spacewalker 07-30-2019 09:04 AM

I see lots of recommendations here, but I want to make one for Lee's Express window tint. He will come do your house and his prices are extremely reasonable. He has done several vettes and other cars for me without any issues.

PCMusicGuy 07-30-2019 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1599748416)
Just want I’m looking for. Thanks! :cheers:

Edit - Mingo never called back. I called Automotive Apparel and the guy spent a lot of time on the phone explaining every detail. He also sent me diagrams of what each package covers. They even have a rocker kit for $395 and I will be doing that. I also saw their very high customer ratings. This is just what I am looking for. I will be taking my new Z06 to them when I get it. Leaving it there for a day or 3 is going to be painful :ack: but I know I'll be glad I did.

Edit Edit. Mingo did call back and he explained his process very well. It will come down to scheduling / availability as to who to use.

Since these guys are right near my house, I stopped in and talked to the owner/installer. Quoted around ~$270 for ceramic tint on the sides and back glass. He would also lightly do the front windshield for ~$240 from what I understand.
What I was not impressed with was the crap tint job on the back glass of his Z06. Says he did it in a rush. One part of me can understand this, but another says if your car will be a marketable example of your work you better have that perfect.

HorsePower Junkie 08-25-2019 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by TeamLS1 (Post 1599742975)

Malcolm

Good expel/ceramic info, thank you Malcolm.

HorsePower Junkie 08-25-2019 05:41 PM

Lots of good Intel from all of You.

Thank you!

need-for-speed 09-07-2019 03:10 PM

I got my car back several weeks ago. Haven't taken the time to post.

Mingo - Suncap owner - did an outstanding job on my car!

I got a full front end wrap, lower rockers wrapped (this is a great option for C7 owners concerned about rock chips on the rockers), headlights wrapped, and ceramic window tint. I also had him wrap my ACS Zero 1 side skirts before I installed them. Mingo is clearly an artist who enjoys and takes pride in his work. I would go back to him in a heart beat.

VetteVinnie 09-10-2019 05:41 PM

Mingo has done all of my Corvettes for 10 years and counting now. Also did my wife's 2017 Jaguar with ceramic tint. I plan to take him my ZR1 to have the existing tint removed and replaced with ceramic at some point. You won't find a nicer guy. He also does paint protection. He did the Nano Fusion on both my 2008 Z06 and the wife's Jaguar.

wjnjr 10-17-2019 02:27 PM

Another recommendation here for Mingo and Sun Cap. So far, he's done my C6 Z06, my pickup, and my wife's Infiniti. Always a very nice job at a reasonable price. Mingo is one of a few tinters who can do a C6 rear window in one piece and make it look right. No sanding the black dots off or black paint over them like some guys do.

Sleazy Rider 10-21-2019 04:06 PM

i may be late here, but another vote for mingo at sun cap. i can't remember how many vehicles he has done for me, window tinting and paint protection or both, but he has always done an outstanding job and if there is any problem, he takes care of it. it may take a day or two to get back with me, but he does. :thumbs:

BudT65 07-11-2020 10:59 AM

Suncap Crew

Thanks to all for your recommendations on Mjngo and crew at Suncap. I brought my wife's Genesis to them yesterday, they stripped the old tint and applied ceramic. Very pleased and I will be bringing the Z06 in a couple of weeks. Down to earth people that are very good at what they do, highly recommend.