CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Vitesse throttle controller (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4294511-vitesse-throttle-controller.html)

99mike 07-11-2019 06:49 AM

Vitesse throttle controller

Anyone have long term experience with this product? Please state how long you have had the controller installed and any issues encountered.

Thank you,

Mike

449er 07-11-2019 07:05 AM

Plenty of posts here on the Vitesse, if you want adjustable throttle response, this product is for you, otherwise it adds no real performance gains. I haven't read too many negative experiences with it

JerryU 07-11-2019 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 99mike (Post 1599734823)
Anyone have long term experience with this product? Please state how long you have had the controller installed and any issues encountered.

Thank you,

Mike

Used it for ~9 months on my Grand Sport. Tried to match the more linear throttle response when driving in Touring Mode that I had for 3 1/2 years in my 2014 Z51 none MRC Z51 that I always drove in Sport or Track for the other benefits as ride did not change. The Grand Sport when set in Sort was a harsher ride that my none MRC Z51.That gave the fastest throttle response GM made available. It came close when set at 4 or 5 which is wear I had it set.

Only problems I had were initially when mounting the controller. First had it tucked behind the carpet and after I posted a pic on the Forum Vitesse saw it and said it could overheat. Other posts showed where it did get hot so putting behind the carpet is NOT A GOOD IDEA. Vitesse said tie to a wire under the dash. First time I did that a plug pulled out and it went into limp home mode. Was in my driveway so no problem. Devised a way to use a plastic tie to attached only the body to a wire bundle under the dash with no force on the plugs. Worked fine. When I got my MRC software upgrade after a year I have been driving in Sport and don't need it! Felt a bit different so I removed.

There are other posts about the knob not fitting properly on the shaft and the contact position needed for the initial set-up being affected. Some were getting the unit replaced. Mine did not have that issue, nor was there a lot of comments about that issue.

Hope that helps.

Bigredwing 07-11-2019 07:52 AM

I had one on my C6 GS automatic for several years and loved it. No problems at all. The new Stingray I have is a manual and I use Sport Mode all the time. Now I don't think I need one and get enough throttle response to meet my driving style. A more aggressive driver might feel different though.

Patches 07-11-2019 08:45 AM

Agree with Jerry on this - it is finicky about installation config and needs to be re-calibrated every so often. It had over-revving issues on my custom A&A tune so I ended up removing it to avoid those issues. I went through both the A and B versions with similar results. On NA cars it seems to have no real issues other than needing a re-cal occasionally. I installed a Sprint Booster several months ago in hopes it would not have the same issues and, so far, it's performed perfectly - no over-revving issues. No calibration is ever required on the SB and it's more compact and finished-looking than the Vitesse.

JonMN 07-11-2019 08:55 AM

^^^ I had a Vitesse for a while, but had occasional surging when at very low speed, like in a parking lot. A few (not many) others have noted this. I also switched to Sprint Booster and have had no problems since.

rrsperry 07-11-2019 09:50 AM

Had it since I got my 16 in Nov 15. No problems at all, and it really helps fix the crappy Chevy throttle response at tip in...

I've also heard a ported throttle body can do the same thing. (fix the crappy tip in)

I'd say go for it, it's removable and can't possibly affect warranty concerns.

Maxpowers 07-11-2019 10:36 AM

I've had mine since March 2018. I like the linear throttle response. I've had no issues other then when I initially installed it, one of the pins pushed out and didn't make contact which threw a code. I pushed the pin back in and all has been good.

I Fly Low 07-11-2019 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 99mike (Post 1599734823)

Thank you,

Mike

Used one for two years, loved it. It failed and put the car into limp mode(got a 'reduced power' message on the DIC). I was unable to recalibrate it using the manufacturer instructions, so I removed it. To be fair, I didn't contact the company, who may have been able to help me. Overall, though, it really improved the driving experience. I would recommend, even with mine failing. (Edit: This was on a C6, don't have one on C7)

NashvilleGrandSport 07-11-2019 10:50 AM

Had one in my C6 for two plus years... never an issue.

Have had one I bought pre-owned for my C7. Old style with the two buttons. No issues in about 15 months.

Flame Red 07-11-2019 11:16 AM

I had one installed on my car for a couple of years. The only issue seemed to be the need to recalibrate it periodically. I think there are other throttle controllers out there now that are more technologically advanced and don't need to be recalibrated.

After two years of having it installed, I started to experience a strange "clunk" when traveling at high speed and it was really, really driving me totally nuts. After months of trying to track down what this clunk was, I disconnected the Vitesse and the clunk totally disappeared and never reappered. I don't know why the TC would have caused it, but removing it was the cure.

GARYFINN 07-11-2019 11:44 AM

I like the Bluetooth Pedal Commander way better.You can adjust it with your phone.

99mike 07-11-2019 02:10 PM

Thanks to all who answered.

Mike

Bronsonf 07-11-2019 03:39 PM

I've had a vitesse throttle booster on my C6 and C7. Both gave me reduced engine power mode and unintended acceleration in parking lots. I followed all Vitesse's instructions including powering off the car for ___ number of minutes with no fob within 30 feet, calibrating by putting the car in accessory mode, etc. I switched to pedal commander and will not go back to Vitesse. No issues 1 month in.

ricmalaz 07-12-2019 12:09 AM

I had a Vitesse on my Z51 with A&A Supercharger and a custom tune. It repeatedly threw CELs and put my car into limp mode many times. I did the calibration routine many times, and even called Vitesse to make sure I was doing it correctly. I loved how responsive it made the throttle when it worked, but it was just too problematic. Stopped using it and all issues were gone.

KCLARK 07-12-2019 06:49 AM

End all your problems and get something that works perfectly with no issues, Sprint Booster

twowinns 07-12-2019 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by GARYFINN (Post 1599736320)
I like the Bluetooth Pedal Commander way better.You can adjust it with your phone.

Same here. I had the Vitesse for 2+ years with no problems. However, even at its highest setting, I still wanted more. The Pedal Commander has many more setting options, to help you really dial in that perfect setting for you. It’s also just a simple plug and play installation. No calibration needed.

i also use it with a PTB, which really makes it even more fun to drive.

ricmalaz 07-12-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by KCLARK (Post 1599741012)
End all your problems and get something that works perfectly with no issues, Sprint Booster

I just got one a few days ago. No problems so far. Time will tell.

JerryU 07-12-2019 09:11 AM

FWIW, just installed a Soler (forum Advertiser) modified Throttle Body after I understood that you can increase throttle versus pedal movement all you want via; 1) the OEM changes with Drive Mode, 2) throttle controllers or 3) tunes - BUT can't change the initial air flow through the throttle body unless you modify the entrance and exit contours!

Been following this for some time in the tech section and have seen Posters commenting about modified throttle body improvements. Read all the Soler excellent technical info. Bought one and just installed. A PDF with the reasons for Why it's better is in preparation. It's title is Why to Versus my normal How To Install since that is so easy a few pics are all that took! Discussing choked flow, why the OEM throttle body operates in a contoured are for the 1st 40% or travel- not so simple! "Need to understand "choked flow," converging, diverging nozzles etc OR just evaluate what folks say about performance!

The changes are subtitle relative to the time delay BUT your perception to the hesitation is very sensitive!

The pic below is complex but summarizers what I found!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7003e16be8.jpg

Mark Maple 07-12-2019 09:23 AM

Jerry,

I've been thinking about replacing my Vitesse unit with the Soler Throttle Body. Do you think it was worth it? Would you do it again?

Thanks,
Mark