CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Afterblow (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4294645-afterblow.html)

Maxpowers 07-11-2019 12:32 PM

Afterblow

And no I'm not talking about what you hope for after taking your wife out to dinner and a movie...

Has anyone actually experienced this feature working? I had it enabled in my C7 two years ago by the dealer. Even after 90F days I don't think mine is working. I've put little shreds of papers on the vents and they are still there hours later.

Null Pointer 07-11-2019 12:38 PM

I can hear it coming on several times in my 2019 Z06 vette after shutting the engine off. It doesn't stay on for very long. It comes on every 10 minutes I think during the first half hour after shut down. So mine seems to be working. I had the dealer enable it during PDI. On my C6 it worked very well.

MrHix 07-11-2019 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maxpowers (Post 1599736604)
And no I'm not talking about what you hope for after taking your wife out to dinner and a movie...

Has anyone actually experienced this feature working? I had it enabled in my C7 two years ago by the dealer. Even after 90F days I don't think mine is working. I've put little shreds of papers on the vents and they are still there hours later.

I'm pretty sure that many of the wives that drive their Corvettes don't appreciate your initial comment. This board is open to all.

MrHix

donkeyhoeti 07-11-2019 01:09 PM

Hadn't heard of this feature, but I found this on a quick search:

Originally Posted by 3musky3 https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s/viewpost.gif
si says available if reprogrammed by tech
Afterblow

Afterblow is a feature that dries the evaporator core by operating the blower motor after the engine is turned OFF. This reduces the amount of microbial growth that can create undesirable odors. The vehicle does not come equipped with the afterblow feature turned ON. If the afterblow feature is required due to an odor concern, it must be enabled using the scan tool Afterblow configuration function.

After the HVAC control module has been programmed for afterblow, the following conditions must be met for afterblow to operate:

•The engine has been turned OFF for at least 30 minutes.
•The ambient air temperature is at least 21°C (70°F).
•The A/C compressor operated for more than 2 minutes before shut down.
•The system voltage is at least 12 volts.
Once the above conditions have been met, the following sequence of events will occur:

 1. The blower motor will RUN for 20 seconds.
 2. The blower motor will be OFF for 10 minutes.
 3. The blower motor will RUN for and additional 20 seconds.

Flame Red 07-11-2019 01:26 PM

I had the dealer turn on this feature about 3 years ago and for a couple of years I did not think the feature did anything or it was not turned on at all. I never saw the fan come on.

But about a year ago I happened to return to the car quite a while after I had parked it after it had been driven and to my surprise the fan was running at full speed when I opened the door. Since then, I have seen it turn on several times when I least expected it.

Maxpowers 07-11-2019 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrHix (Post 1599736675)
I'm pretty sure that many of the wives that drive their Corvettes don't appreciate your initial comment. This board is open to all.

MrHix

I didn't mean to offend. Just a joke.

c54u 07-11-2019 01:47 PM

Are you meeting the criteria for it to work?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585128360

:cheers:

Maxpowers 07-11-2019 01:49 PM

^^^
Yes. I read that a while back. I think the dealer didn't activate it correctly.

Z06_Ruff 07-11-2019 02:07 PM

I've never heard of this feature. My question is why do we have to get it activated rather than already coming activated from the factory?

Avanti 07-11-2019 02:35 PM

"...why do we have to get it activated rather than already coming activated from the factory?" Better yet, why not let US activate or turn it off as WE wish?

Z06_Ruff 07-11-2019 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Avanti (Post 1599737457)
"...why do we have to get it activated rather than already coming activated from the factory?" Better yet, why not let US activate or turn it off as WE wish?

That too! :iagree:

KenHorse 07-11-2019 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by zo6_ ruff (Post 1599737257)
I've never heard of this feature. My question is why do we have to get it activated rather than already coming activated from the factory?

Afterthought to the firmware perhaps?

blkvet6 07-11-2019 03:54 PM

Mine works perfectly, consistently.

Dundon929 07-11-2019 04:09 PM

I need to do this..smells like stinky feet in my car sometimes when I fire it up and the air blows. (I shower daily)

Just take it to the dealer?

wlittle49 07-11-2019 07:21 PM

Wow. Learn something all the time here. In my hot and humid climate this may be a good thing to use.

raylo 07-11-2019 08:06 PM

Damn, sounds like a feature I'd like to activate... but not worth a trip to the dealer, especially if there would be a charge.

TNSQUIRE 07-11-2019 08:27 PM

Most are not on by default so you have to have the dealer activate it for you.

Vetteman Jack 07-12-2019 12:27 AM

Never knew about this feature. Thanks for the explanation of what it is and how it can be activated.

mountainears 07-12-2019 01:23 AM

I've had it enabled for quite some time and have heard it run. No issues.

YO-EL 07-12-2019 06:30 AM

Is there a way to confirm it is programmed on other than watching to see if the parameters have been met?
•The engine has been turned OFF for at least 30 minutes.
•The ambient air temperature is at least 21°C (70°F).
•The A/C compressor operated for more than 2 minutes before shut down.
•The system voltage is at least 12 volts.