CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted-57/)
-   -   WTB: Good/Complete Doors (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted/4294864-good-complete-doors.html)

Will's'74VetteL-82 07-11-2019 09:43 PM

Good/Complete Doors

Hi guys, been on the forum for a long time, but haven't really done anything to my car for a while. Time for the next big project...My 1974 coupe's doors are *toast* in every metric. Window motors dont work, rusted out, door panel is toast, weather stripping bad, the works.

I'm looking to buy a nice/complete set of doors for my 1974. Don't care about color, also dont need to be NCRS nice (driver status is fine). Need full operation,all parts intact (glass door panel still on, etc.) I'm looking to unbolt my door, put them in the dumpster, and bolt on new doors and go. I'd prefer deluxe interior/power windows to match my car, but at this point I just want working/nice doors. I have new hinge pins/springs so those are of no consequence.

I'm putting my feelers out to see what is available - I'm in NJ, shipping may be a killer but let's see what we can do.

Thanks,
Will

AllC34Me 07-11-2019 10:20 PM

I know a gentleman up near Scranton that may have what you need. I'll check tomorrow and let you know. If he does I'll connect you to him.
Best regards,
David Howard
AllVettes4Me

Will's'74VetteL-82 07-11-2019 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599740149)
I know a gentleman up near Scranton that may have what you need. I'll check tomorrow and let you know. If he does I'll connect you to him.
Best regards,
David Howard
AllVettes4Me

Fantastic, thank you! Scranton isnt very far...

-Will

AllC34Me 07-11-2019 10:58 PM

69-77 are the same style of door, 78-82 are different door panels, door controls, etc. If you want to match the 74 then 69-77 will be a closer match.

Good price on the 79 door though.

Best regards,

David

Bills17n72 07-12-2019 12:05 AM

thanks David I didnt realize that ,you are very helpful!!

70s Vette Guy 07-12-2019 01:06 AM

Doors

I have two sets of doors, one off a 74 and the other a 75. I try and keep one of everything as I have been working on cars with my boys over the years. Unfortunately they are getting older, have their cars and are getting ready to move out, darn. Plus the other fumes are getting to them...perfumes. Time to lighten my spare parts.

Both sets are rust free, have no fiberglass issues and all the mechanicals work.

Manual Window Doors - $500 shipped for the pair.
Power Window Doors - $600 shipped for the pair.

If you decide to pull out your glass, regulators and mechanicals, than your can have the fiberglass shells and metal frames for $250 shipped for the pair.

I shipped a pair of doors once to Texas and they arrived without any damage including the glass. Not sure the FedEx guy was happy carrying it, but it arrived without any issues. I will be using FedEx ground.

I can send pictures this weekend if you are interested.

Thanks.
Jim
Call me if you wish to discuss, 951-312-9129.
Tried sending you two PMs, but it doesn't show up in my sent items. Sorry if you get multiple replies from me.

i think the OP is going to buy these, but thanks for the inquires. I’ll create a post with my other doors if you are interested in manual or shell doors. They are just as good as these.
Thanks
Jim

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...81522df20.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...3971b4d8d.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...57526c768.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2d2fc7072.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7a43aee9b.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d02f0ea5e.jpeg

AllC34Me 07-12-2019 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bills72n84 (Post 1599740569)

Your 1979 door would work just fine if the OP wanted to use 78-82 door panels and hardware. I didn't mean for you to drop your offer to him, that wasn't the purpose of sharing the data on the door year differences. Your door is a fully viable alternative for the OP, just would require a few changes to use it which is done all the time.
Good luck with your sale.
David

leigh1322 07-12-2019 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by 70s Vette Guy (Post 1599740742)
I have two sets of doors, one off a 74 and the other a 75. I try and keep one of everything as I have been working on cars with my boys over the years. Unfortunately they are getting older, have their cars and are getting ready to move out, darn. Plus the other fumes are getting to them...perfumes. Time to lighten my spare parts.

Both sets are rust free, have no fiberglass issues and all the mechanicals work.

:iagree: 5 Stars to Jim and his rust-free California parts! I barely recognized his windshield frame vs mine! His was as rust-free as new. Plus he is a heck of a nice guy to deal with!

To add: 73 doors were the first ones for side impact door beams too.

AllC34Me 07-12-2019 08:00 AM

If you decide to pull out your glass, regulators and mechanicals, than your can have the fiberglass shells and metal frames for $250 shipped for the pair.

I shipped a pair of doors once to Texas and they arrived without any damage including the glass. Not sure the FedEx guy was happy carrying it, but it arrived without any issues. I will be using FedEx ground.

Thanks.
Jim
Tried sending you two PMs, but it doesn't show up in my sent items. Sorry if you get multiple replies from me.

I have paid $500 for a pair that I had to pick up and getting them for $600 or $500 shipped is extremely good and generous pricing Jim. Nicely done.
If I needed doors I would jump on these, nicely done.
Deal with Jim with confidence, I have, strait shooter and good stuff for good prices.
Good luck to OP for his search.

AllC34Me 07-12-2019 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Will's'74VetteL-82 (Post 1599740163)
Fantastic, thank you! Scranton isnt very far...

-Will

Unfortunately he did not have a pair any longer, sold them about a month ago, sorry.
Good luck with your search and best regards,
David

Will's'74VetteL-82 07-12-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599740320)
69-77 are the same style of door, 78-82 are different door panels, door controls, etc. If you want to match the 74 then 69-77 will be a closer match.

Good price on the 79 door though.

Best regards,

David

Originally Posted by Bills72n84 (Post 1599740569)

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599740944)
Your 1979 door would work just fine if the OP wanted to use 78-82 door panels and hardware. I didn't mean for you to drop your offer to him, that wasn't the purpose of sharing the data on the door year differences. Your door is a fully viable alternative for the OP, just would require a few changes to use it which is done all the time.
Good luck with your sale.
David

Thanks for the information - I would like to keep the car original, and am following up on the lead from California!

-Will

Will's'74VetteL-82 07-12-2019 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599741198)
I have paid $500 for a pair that I had to pick up and getting them for $600 or $500 shipped is extremely good and generous pricing Jim. Nicely done.
If I needed doors I would jump on these, nicely done.
Deal with Jim with confidence, I have, strait shooter and good stuff for good prices.
Good luck to OP for his search.

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1599741202)
Unfortunately he did not have a pair any longer, sold them about a month ago, sorry.
Good luck with your search and best regards,
David

Thanks for looking into that!

I am definitely interested in that set of doors from Jim. I'm excited to finally start the process of finishing this car.

-Will

Will's'74VetteL-82 07-12-2019 11:53 AM

Thanks.
Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the lead on your doors - I responded to your PM (I did receive them no problem!) Looking forward to working with you.

-Will

70s Vette Guy 07-12-2019 01:14 PM

Lee,

Thanks for the positive review. I appreciate your knowledge and help on the Forum. You too were a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks,
Jim

70s Vette Guy 07-12-2019 01:18 PM

David,

Thanks for the comments and I too have enjoyed dealing with you. You do an amazing job on the Forum and have always enjoyed reading your posts. Your knowledge and skill is very impressive.

Thanks again.
Jim