CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   How rare is this spec? Green, Brownstone, 7M, Coupe, Z51, silver wheels (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4294981-how-rare-is-this-spec-green-brownstone-7m-coupe-z51-silver-wheels.html)

afox 07-12-2019 09:32 AM

How rare is this spec? Green, Brownstone, 7M, Coupe, Z51, silver wheels

Title says it all. I have been looking for this spec and found one, but its across the country. Of course I could give in to different wheels and just change them. Everything else is the only way I would want it though. Is this a gem I should jump on, pay the extra price, and take the trip across the country? Or were there thousands like this? There is another with chrome wheels, but also across the country.

Silver C7 07-12-2019 09:46 AM

Don’t know about the “rarity”...but if it’s what you want, go get it!

Emerald Eagle 07-12-2019 10:00 AM

There are less than 1600 total LRG C7s on the planet. Z51 M7 even more rare, and with Brownstone this car may be 1 of 1.
I have a Kalahari Z51 M7 and with all the other options, Level 3 interior, mag ride etc. I have certification from the factory that it is 1 of 1.
Better jump on that one like a rooster on a June Bug!

I have 55,000 miles on mine and LOVE it. Most versatile sports car ever!

And take the trip across the country, the car is great to cover miles!

afox 07-12-2019 10:10 AM

Silver C7, I don't care so much about the rarity for the sake of rarity. I care because spending this much on a car (and taking a cross country trip) were not really in the plans. If this is a rare chance at something like this though, it may be worth stretching my budget and the work I'll put in for it.
Emerald Eagle, wow thanks for the perspective. The kalahari interior looks really cool too, and I would be into that as a second choice, The brownstone just looks amazing to me, and I've always been into the look of dark brown and green, I rarely even see dark brown interiors at all, let alone on a green car, that's also a Vette! How did you go about getting that "1 of 1" cert?

Vetteman Jack 07-12-2019 10:15 AM

If it is exactly what you want, go for it. You don’t say what the price is, but I would be hard pressed to pay any premium for the car. But traveling across country to get a car is not a bad thing - great way to get used to the car and its features on the trip home. Good way to put a smile on your face.

afox 07-12-2019 10:26 AM

Vetteman, the price is listed as a "good deal" and "price lowered" on cargurus for what its worth. I sent out a feeler and told them my story. The car is $44,900 with 19,900 miles. For some reason it isn't certified though.

TXshaggy 07-12-2019 10:28 AM

It’s worth no more/less than other C7s with comparable miles,condition, options, etc. With that being said, green was only offered 1 year, so if it’s a must have for you then you may see value in an elevated price. There are no “rare” C7s...

Emerald Eagle 07-12-2019 10:38 AM

The level of uniqueness can be obtained through the National Corvette Museum. I don't know who is handling the now but if you contact them I'm sure that you can find the correct channel.

There should a copy of the owners manual on line, I would recommend studying it prior to your trip. Lots of good stuff in this car but it takes some study.

If you love this car , go for it. The C7, with its high gearing and pickup truck engine it will run on for tens of thousands of miles with little wear and it's not going to rust out! You could easily drive this car for 10 years or more so the extra cost spread over the life of the car is inconsequential compared to loving every mile with the car that is to your spec!

afox 07-12-2019 10:40 AM

I also see its a 3lt, has the standard seats, and has the carbon interior trim. I would like to check if it has magnetic ride and performance exhaust. Comp seats would have been cool, but not a big deal. No other options are really standing out to me as things I would care about.

speed4tu 07-12-2019 10:48 AM

Unless I especially wanted to take a one way trip across the country, there is no way I'd go across the country to buy a corvette. Don't let a color and description making a C7 "rare" cost you several thousand $'s that it doesn't have too. In the end a green one is worth the same $ a white one is. Also with it being a one year color that could also mean no one wanted it to start with leading to it being a hard sell later. Though if you want it, by all means fly over and bring it back.

afox 07-12-2019 11:44 AM

Well we don't have honeymoon plans and we're getting married next month...
But if I'm gonna spend this much on a car, and keep it for a while, I want to get it in the spec I want. I always sacrifice colors and options to get a deal, or what's available immediately.

cowboy casey 07-12-2019 11:47 AM

I just drove from Oklahoma to Florida to trade my Coup for a Vert and Manual .. If it is something you want go get it :thumbs:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e85fea7cb0.jpg

LimeRock 07-12-2019 12:02 PM

Back in 15 a dealer had two like this when shopping for mine. One of which I was sure was used in the Tony Stewart burnout video.

papillion 07-12-2019 12:12 PM

Hmm?

Rare is a 1930 Bugatti Royale. Your green C7 is a used car. The only premium involved is the seller's cohones.

afox 07-12-2019 01:07 PM

Again, I'm not interested in rarity for the sake of rarity. Just determining if its worth going further than I planned and buying sooner than expected to make sure I get what I want.

phalse 07-12-2019 01:08 PM

if its what you want, bargain hard. the extra expense of going to go get it isnt the sellers problem, but if they want to make a deal, well...

all the usual applies. first thing you do is look up its tradein value, cuz something right around there is what they actually paid the guy for the car. so offer maybe 2k above that, tops =D

afox 07-12-2019 01:26 PM

According to NADA the trade in is 41.5k for average and 43.5k for clean. It looks pretty good and they are asking 44.9k. It seems like they're trying to move it, they already dropped the price.
Thanks for the tip.

Elk 07-12-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by afox (Post 1599743183)
Just determining if its worth going further than I planned and buying sooner than expected to make sure I get what I want.

Only you can make this determination. The car does not demand a premium and is worth only what a willing buyer will pay. It is not a popular color and may, in fact, be hard to sell.

Is it worth a premium to you and you will be inconsolable if you do not get it? If so, buy it.

captain vette 07-12-2019 04:22 PM

The Corvette Black Book could answered partially your question

JMII 07-12-2019 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is the 2014 production numbers in Excel - this will not tell you how rare a given combo is but indicates how many C7 were produced with each option.

Lime Rock Green isn't very common and neither was Brownstone, thus that combination is rare.