CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Started the season with the ZO6 and ZR1 and one is gone (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4295204-started-the-season-with-the-zo6-and-zr1-and-one-is-gone.html)

Racerdj 07-12-2019 07:31 PM

I have read most of the posts describing the differences between the ZO6 and ZR1 and could not believe some of them. My original plan was to keep both and alternate with my 488. I proceeded to put 500 miles on the ZR1 for break-in and the first oil change. After the oil change, I parked the ZR1 and started driving the ZO6. It seemed like every time I was in the ZO6, my thoughts were why am I doing this. I wanted to be driving the ZR1. While the ZO6 is a very good car, to me the ZR1 is perfection. The exhaust is fantastic, the clutch is more linear in feel, the ride is very much improved, the acceleration is insane and the body is perfect. Is it worth the extra, that is for you to decide but for me it was totally worth it. Last weekend I sold the ZO6 and have no regrets and I have to admit I do not miss it. To have the last front engine, M7 Corvette with 750 plus HP is something I recommend anybody on the fence to go for it!!

I forgot to mention that the ZR1's oil temperature runs 25-30 degrees cooler than the ZO6 on the same day with 90 + outside air temperature.

2003pilot 07-12-2019 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Racerdj (Post 1599745395)
To have the last front engine, M7 Corvette with 750 plus HP is something I recommend anybody on the fence to go for it!!

I myself have been on the fence since I originally started looking for a new Z06 a few months ago and for some reason found myself searching for a new ZR1 in recent weeks. My accountant brain keeps telling me this makes no sense and just buy a new Z06 and move on. I really blame the two guys in this video link below for giving me the ZR1 bug and now I watch this video almost daily. Luckily my wife is supportive of getting a ZR1 since we both just turned 50 and retired many years ago so we have lots of time on our hands to enjoy a ZR1.

Glenn Quagmire 07-12-2019 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2003pilot (Post 1599745919)
I myself have been on the fence since I originally started looking for a new Z06 a few months ago and for some reason found myself searching for a new ZR1 in recent weeks. My accountant brain keeps telling me this makes no sense and just buy a new Z06 and move on. I really blame the two guys in this video link below for giving me the ZR1 bug and now I watch this video almost daily. Luckily my wife is supportive of getting a ZR1 since we both just turned 50 and retired many years ago so we have lots of time on our hands to enjoy a ZR1.

Big, Bad, Ugly ZR1

Always loved that video...because my car is identical:thumbs: If you're on the fence, I recommend taking the plunge.

Racerdj 07-13-2019 05:50 AM

Yes definitely one of my favorite videos! What scenery as the back drop!

23/C8Z 07-13-2019 07:28 AM

I love my Z06. But if I owned a ZR1 I too wouldn't "miss" the lesser model lol. Congrats

hcvone 07-13-2019 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Racerdj (Post 1599745395)
I have read most of the posts describing the differences between the ZO6 and ZR1 and could not believe some of them. My original plan was to keep both and alternate with my 488. I proceeded to put 500 miles on the ZR1 for break-in and the first oil change. After the oil change, I parked the ZR1 and started driving the ZO6. It seemed like every time I was in the ZO6, my thoughts were why am I doing this. I wanted to be driving the ZR1. While the ZO6 is a very good car, to me the ZR1 is perfection. The exhaust is fantastic, the clutch is more linear in feel, the ride is very much improved, the acceleration is insane and the body is perfect. Is it worth the extra, that is for you to decide but for me it was totally worth it. Last weekend I sold the ZO6 and have no regrets and I have to admit I do not miss it. To have the last front engine, M7 Corvette with 750 plus HP is something I recommend anybody on the fence to go for it!!

DITTO
I planned to keep both cars, was REALLY happy with my Z06/Z07, then the orange car showed up, would drive both on the same day, on the same roads,. back to back, and it was clear to me, on the roads I drive the ZR1 was just better everywhere. So one was send packing
https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums...psvpohqgmk.jpg
https://i1233.photobucket.com/albums...ps7xbpccnw.jpg

jeff7457 07-13-2019 08:53 AM

I was in a 17 GS and was looking for a Z06. I was totally blown away by the ZR1 when I saw the ones at Kerbecks Toys for Tots last year and thought that the car was totally out of my price range. The dealership that I work for had 2 ZR1's and the price I could get on one was to good to pass up. So i took the plunge and do not regret it one bit. The car is amazing in every way.

Steve Garrett 07-13-2019 02:01 PM

Love that video too....those guys are so funny.

Painrace 07-13-2019 03:40 PM

Zr1

I sold my Z06 than ran a 2:08.8 at NCM and decided not to get another one. I never had a heating issue with the 2016 Z06! I went with my good friend, Arte Butler to NCM to pick up his ZR1 and I was hooked. Ordered mine from Alan Johnson at Mateck and could have not been more pleased. The ZR1 is FANTASTIC. Everyone who drives it wants one. I could not be happier.

Jim

rob62 07-13-2019 05:52 PM

Another plug for Allen here. Got me what I wanted in 2 short months after waiting almost a year for “Mike”. Sometimes the biggest dealers are not the way to go for various reasons.

dmaxx3500 07-13-2019 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2003pilot (Post 1599745919)

Big, Bad, Ugly ZR1

next time you are on the fence,,call me,you can buy me the car you don't want and help the needy at the same time

enjoy the new toy