CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   The future vs the past (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4295394-the-future-vs-the-past.html)

caskiguy 07-13-2019 12:22 PM

The future vs the past

https://spectator.org/the-metoo-corvette/

:flag:

Easy Rhino 07-13-2019 12:32 PM

Meh article.

What is the author, like 18 years old? Might want to do more homework first.

mschuyler 07-13-2019 01:07 PM

I'm guessing the author has never had a Corvette.

WICKEDFRC 07-13-2019 01:08 PM

The author could be another YouTuber discussing cars.

caskiguy 07-13-2019 01:18 PM

Interesting comments so far fella's about the author, but nothing to say on the design(s) past and present ?
Hmm.

DanSavage 07-13-2019 01:44 PM

Click bait.

BEAR-AvHistory 07-13-2019 01:46 PM

:nopity Just another whine post.

mschuyler 07-13-2019 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by caskiguy (Post 1599748712)
Interesting comments so far fella's about the author, but nothing to say on the design(s) past and present ?
Hmm.

Haven't we done that ad nauseum here already? The "American Spectator" has nothing at all new to say. They aren't actually noted for their expertise on automobiles. There is nothing in the article worth discussing that hasn't already been beaten to death here.

Easy Rhino 07-13-2019 02:11 PM

The article was by someone who knew nothing, for readers that know nothing (probably don't know that a C8 is imminent before they see this moronic and simplistic article) for a journal read by people that want shallow knowledge delivered unchallengingly so that they can read 200 words then claim depth of knowledge themselves.

Pass

70RT440 07-13-2019 02:19 PM

If you don't feel like reading this article, the gist of it is:

This new Corvette is going to be better in every way than the old Corvette. Which suck because...ummm...just because, goddammit! It's gonna be faster, but less...uh...AMERICAN!!!

NOW GET OFF MY GODDAMNED LAWN!!!!

harley2 07-13-2019 02:27 PM

I was going to get a C8 but after reading this I may try and buy back my Z06 that I sold this week! LMAO

4thC4at60 07-13-2019 02:52 PM

Er, ah, _The American Spectator_ isn't an automotive magazine and doesn't claim to be.
Peters is an automotive writer (also bikes) but not of the variety that people on this forum want a writer to be.

The article wasn't written for CF members.

It was written for Joe American who has a passing interest in cars, but does like to be a little more informed than his brother-in-law who knows even less....

...but an article of this type written for non-Vette nuts might entice a non-car guy to swing by a Chevy dealer and go wow... then, five years from now he'll be writing in ragging on XYZ magazine because they didn't praise the Vette enough.....

Kudos to the OP in that he obviously reads something other than just CF and car mags.

kratedisease 07-13-2019 02:56 PM

Antique lover , whatever

obxchartercaptain 07-13-2019 02:57 PM

Makes no difference what it is..It will sell...and sell well. I for one will be buying one. If in fact, it turns out to be a disaster...I will be the first to jump back into a C7 Z06

caskiguy 07-13-2019 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino (Post 1599748909)
The article was by someone who knew nothing, for readers that know nothing (probably don't know that a C8 is imminent before they see this moronic and simplistic article) for a journal read by people that want shallow knowledge delivered unchallengingly so that they can read 200 words then claim depth of knowledge themselves.

Pass

Kisses Rhino !

Oneslackr 07-13-2019 04:07 PM

I read it. I didn't see anything wrong with the article. Why anyone would get all worked up about it is beyond me. :confused2:

Then again I'm not a Chevy fanboy just a guy who likes all types of performance cars regardless of make/model, including Vettes.

B747VET 07-13-2019 04:42 PM

A very well done neutral think piece on what the Corvette was and which merely poses the question as to what the Corvette will now become. Anyone who has a problem with this article should perhaps worship less and think more ... look outward more and inward less.

Something very historic and special in the automotive world has been lost ... something that defined one of the boundaries of American automotive thought and actual design for almost 7 decades. A piece of our automotive heritage. That heritage was important and “American” to many people around the world who never could or even wanted to own one.

It is being replaced by something that is the very definition of change and evolution. Something that may or may not become a pillar of a new automotive Americana.